UMIDIGI S5 Pro (EEA) V1.0 20200422 ROM - SPFT release

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-7-3 04:50:25 | Show all posts
Edited by BlackX at 2020-7-3 04:53  
bencebacsi replied at 2020-6-30 07:04
Your camera problem is not a generally present issue, actually I can't reproduce it. Try to perform ...
I did a factory reset and went straight to the camera. The same problem occurs!
(The video is not mine, I have the same problem.)

Btw. The "Lift to wake" option is missing under Smart Assistant.
If you search for "Lift" in the settings, it will be found, but will not be shown when you tap it.

A Tip for the fingerprint sensor:
When you add a Fingerprint change the direction an part of your finger every time you tap.
Fingertip, fingergrape hold the Phone different each time so you get the best possible coverage.
 Author| Post time 2020-7-3 07:12:05 | Show all posts
BlackX replied at 2020-7-3 04:50
Edited by BlackX at 2020-7-3 04:53  

I did a factory reset and went straight to the camera. The sa ...

Hi,

Comment #3 in this thread: "If you want to avoid the screen lighting up when you move your phone, go to 'Settings -> Fingerprint', and disable 'Off screen display fingerprint'." So different name in a different place but the same function.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-7-3 15:24:06 | Show all posts
tried to root it via https://community.umidigi.com/fo ... hread&tid=19114  but i end up orange bootloop, any assistance?

this is what i did:
1. patched current stock boot.img with latest magisk.manager
2. did all like bencebacsi topic as above

any hint is mutch appreciated, btw i was able to revert back by flashing original boot.img and locking bootloader

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits

UMIDIGI Hero

Post time 2020-7-4 22:56:06 | Show all posts
Edited by MR01 at 2020-7-4 23:02  

tommeletbone replied at 2020-7-3 02:06
anyone got success with rooting already?

Try latest magisk>>boot.img ediit>>spflashtool
you must select MTK .txt of stock rom, deselect all partizion then give tha boot: bootpatched.img and then flash with spflashtool

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-7-5 08:09:28 | Show all posts

Hi, I'm new to the community. I have recently purchased an S5 pro and I do not know if this is where I should put the issues and the method is another.

What I have noticed is that the fingerprint recognition is not good, it fails many times (50% of the time)

On the other hand, I have seen that 4K recording has a delay, is it being revised?

As in the camera application, the ribbon is not very accessible or maybe I have a problem with my screen since I am not able to click them the first time.

A question, in the purchase box comes a protective case and a screen protector, I mean the latter can reduce the sensitivity of it?

Thanks in advance

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-7-5 17:42:17 | Show all posts
MR01 replied at 2020-7-4 22:56
Edited by MR01 at 2020-7-4 23:02  

that is how it worked in history with my other umidigis  as i know it and how it worked out, but not this time as flashtool says "bad checksum", withe the patched boot.img

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-7-5 19:14:00 | Show all posts
Edited by BlackX at 2020-7-6 00:17  
bencebacsi replied at 2020-7-3 07:12
Hi,

Comment #3 in this thread: "If you want to avoid the screen lighting up when you move your ph ...

Yes, yes, but if I don't use the fingerprint, I can't change the Lift to wake up behavior.
I couldn't turn it off before resetting to factory settings. Now I can't turn it on.

For the pop-up camera,
I played around a bit and held it down so that it couldn't move out.
It worked normally a couple of times, now it is stuck again.
Strange...maybe it's timing or communication problem.

And just now I triggered the drop detection and its working again.
let's see how long... aaand it is stuck again.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-7-5 19:55:42 | Show all posts
maarcoos replied at 2020-7-5 08:09
Hi, I'm new to the community. I have recently purchased an S5 pro and I do not know if this is wher ...

A Tip for the fingerprint sensor:
When you add a Fingerprint change the direction an part of your finger every time you tap.
Fingertip, fingergrape hold the Phone different each time so you get the best possible coverage.
You can also try to ad the finger one more time.
A problem is for instance If you hold the phone in your hand, unlocking with the thumb works fine.
However, if you lay it down, the same finger will not work because you hold it slightly sideways and so on.

For the camera modes ribbon text:Try not to tap the tiny text,
instead swipe over the whole screen from left to right and right to left.
The mode options should be larger buttons or so.
Unfortunately, there is no other camera app that supports all the sensors.
At least I haven't found any...

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-7-6 02:23:51 | Show all posts
just a hint for the guys with MAC-Filters on their routers, by default the MAC changes !

network settings, click on the network you try to connect , click on "advanced" ...than change "use mac of the device"!
it should probably be changed as default, as this might generate users to complain not connecting to their routers anymore ...

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-7-6 08:01:12 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2020-6-28 12:04
There's a known bug when calling the recent apps list when using a third party launcher which will  ...

I have the same issue with the selfie camera.  Works fine in any other camera app except the stock one, which sucks, since other camera apps wont access the special cameras & features (Wide, Macro lenses, etc.)

As for the Recent Apps thing, blame Android.  Nothing to do with the 3rd party Launcher Apps, Android 10 (and 9, I think) does controls the recents list in their launcher, not their OS, per se. In other words, Until Android updates to 10.1 or whatever (or 11), I don't expect this to be fixed.  Curios that Umidigi says they'll fix this.  I hope they can, because this is pretty much a deal breaker for me.  The stock launcher is lousy and not very configurable. I'm probably going to return the phone, maybe look again next year.
1234Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list