View: 21992|Reply: 62

UMIDIGI Power 3 E_V1.2_20200328_2206 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-3-31 04:39:42 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool + OTA release of the
V1.2_20200328_2206 system software
for UMIDIGI Power 3
European version for EEA countries

Flash tool operation is recommended to experienced users only. If you are not yet an experienced flash tool user, please carefully read the flash tool tutorial before proceeding, and strictly follow each instruction.

Except if an authorized or responsible expert directly asked you to do that,
never format the flash chip of your device or you instantly lose your warranty!

UMIDIGI Power 3 receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again. Moreover, flashing with SPFT is the only option to repair (replace) damaged system software.

Changelog:
  • Minor bug fixes and system improvements

FOTA version: UMIDIGI_Power_3.E_V1.2_20200328_20200328-2206

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

Flashtool tutorial: http://bit.ly/SPFTguide

Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6771_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components

VCOM driver: Windows 10 can automatically install it. Please make sure that your Windows is logged in with administrator rights and your computer has a working internet connection when first time connecting your phone.

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMIDIGI Power 3 if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMIDIGI Power 3 to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

If you accidentally formatted the flash chip of your phone, visit the following thread: Recover fingerprint scanner and Google key Android 9 and 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTA (recovery) update
Manual (local) OTA update method instructions
  • Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal storage of your phone
  • Go to Settings → About phone → Wireless update
  • Tap the 3-dot menu button in the top right corner and select Local Updates
  • Brows for the ...update.zip file and select it
  • Select INSTALL NOW, then OK in the Warning window. Your phone reboots into recovery, the update gets installed, then your phone boots into Android. Your updated system is ready to use.

Update file for manual OTA update:
It can update version 20200116 only

Optional method (in case if the manual OTA update gets stuck): Install from recovery
You need a microSD card (with at least 4GB capacity) installed in your phone!
  • Copy the ...update.zip file to your SD card.
  • Press and hold the volume-up and power buttons together until your phone restarts in the boot selector mode. It needs about 10 seconds or a little bit less if your phone was already powered off.
  • Here you can move with the vol-up button and select an item with vol-down. Select Recovery.
  • Your phone boots into Recovery. Now you can move with both volume buttons, and select an item with the power button.
  • Move to ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select it.
  • On the next screen brows for the update file and select it. The updating process will start and needs a few minutes to be finished.
  • After a succcessful installation, you can read the ''Install from SD card complete.'' message and the receovery menu is available again.
  • Select 'Reboot system now'. Alternatively you can perform a factory data reset here by choosing 'Wipe data/factory reset'

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode. In rare cases a FOTA update can cause more or less serious malfunctions but that means only the update process went wrong, not a badly developed ROM. An updated stock ROM, especially related to the basic functions will not cause any new issues but will solve some of the existing ones.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-31 04:51:52 | Show all posts
The sound  is now totally  terrible , like a  old medium wave radio and MONO ! What the hell have you done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Please put also a NFC icon in the notification bar in order to able/disable it and not have nfc in the silent notification  Post time 2020-3-31 21:38
Same problem the speaker's sound is horrible please fix it quickly because i can't listen anything with this sound.  Post time 2020-3-31 21:31

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-3-31 13:25:48 | Show all posts
Everything works. The problems have disappeared.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-3 00:36:55 | Show all posts
The sound issue started on my phone with this update. It sounds like an am radio (also with headphones) when playing a youtube video for instance.

Btw. to confirm the issue, I did a full firmware upgrade with spflash.

I had normal sound with the previous firmware version (also full firmware upgrade), so if there are people with normal sound with this update (no am radio sound), there may be multiple versions of the same phone with different sound  configurations, or they did not do a complete firmware upgrade?

I hope UMIDIGI can figure out how to configure the sound properly on all (hardware?) versions of the Power 3.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-2 04:39:25 | Show all posts
Hey, what did you did to the sound?! is horrible!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-31 19:34:45 | Show all posts
the sound of the speaker become horrible now ! the sound of a old radio...all the voice have got a sound like a saturation! There is no corectly test for this ROM. I must do a downgrade! Do something please!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-31 15:28:18 | Show all posts
hello
does Umidigi power 3 support ARCore?
Best regards

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-31 21:23:53 | Show all posts
The sound problem appeared after this update. Instead of sound it is now like shhhhound.
Changing the Besloudness setting did not help.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-3-31 22:17:41 | Show all posts
Hello, no problem with sound. It is poor sound, not like a samsung or even a xiaomi. But i do not see what you have done with this update.
Can you resolve problems for us or not?
Resolve sound
resolve camera (super night mode? because it has a 1.2 aperture?? i have a Leeco wtih 4 years and take better night shots also with 1.2, it takes clear shots with sony 21mpx)
resolve video stabilization please
How can you put phone in the market with this problems?
And now you say to the worl that you are going to launch a new phone, S5?
If you can not resolve this problems tell us now.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-3-31 22:39:39 | Show all posts
My phone seems to be good before and after the update. No audio issues. Maybe I was lucky and just got a good unit.
I do see some other problems.
1. Sometimes the phone recognizes my ear phones as "no microphone" even when it has it. Replugging it again seems to resolve it, but it is unpredictable. This is likely hardware related..
2. Sensors are wonky... for e.g. after a deep sleep, the light sensor doesn't wake up right away. It takes a while. Step sensor/counter is totally wrong all the time.

FYI - I use tasker and I need the above for my automation.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-1 00:10:30 | Show all posts
Hello just to say that i had the same sound issue than you but after a bluetooth connexion with a bluetooth it desappear. So now even it is weird i have no problems with my umidigi power 3 I wish that this problem will not come back

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-1 01:01:39 | Show all posts
1. Sometimes the phone recognizes my ear phones as "no microphone" even when it has it. Replugging it again seems to resolve it, but it is unpredictable. This is likely hardware related..

I have same problem too. Never buy Umidigi products again...
1234567Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list