Author: bencebacsi

UMIDIGI Power 3 E_V1.2_20200328_2206 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-4-1 04:12:32 | Show all posts
I think the phone is a good one, if UMIDIGI can actively work on a stable ROM. They seem to be a very small organization and understaffed for any support. I personally think that the phones will more welcome in the power user community. For that Rooting and installing custom ROMs should be made easier. I was planning on getting the Power 3 for the entire family. But not with this level of support...

UMIDIGI... if you are listening, please step up your customer base interaction. You don't have to fix everything immediately, but you MUST set expectations on when(or if) something would be fixed. That will go a long way in managing frustration.  

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-1 13:56:13 | Show all posts
i was buy new one phone umidigi power 3 before 2 month after arrive the phone not good because sound speaker very very low it's not my problem only but to much persons have this problem all comments at sit umidigi and aliexprise.. And every time someone from team umidigi messages me for will puch new version ... and after new version still sound low and not clear if i need to listen to music ...its my mistake to buy somthing from this company umidigi...Very bad umidig...i

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-2 04:39:25 | Show all posts
Hey, what did you did to the sound?! is horrible!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-2 15:36:14 | Show all posts
Thank you for this Update! Good job, keep it up.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-4-2 18:01:43 | Show all posts
Finally camera with night mode...urra urra

Now, please please please, put the color of the camera a little bit warmer. The night color is very yellow.
the front camera have a better night color that the rear camera.

And please try to put video stabilization and fix night video because is horrible.

Another thing, try to fix AI camera because the photo is the same with or without AI.

Can you also see if it is possible to adjust the 120 camera in night photos? Because look very blurry.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-3 00:01:04 | Show all posts
Ghost touching on multiple different spots occured after the upgrade. Making the phone unusable and I have to turn off the phone.
Please solve asap. How can I downgrade?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-3 00:36:55 | Show all posts
The sound issue started on my phone with this update. It sounds like an am radio (also with headphones) when playing a youtube video for instance.

Btw. to confirm the issue, I did a full firmware upgrade with spflash.

I had normal sound with the previous firmware version (also full firmware upgrade), so if there are people with normal sound with this update (no am radio sound), there may be multiple versions of the same phone with different sound  configurations, or they did not do a complete firmware upgrade?

I hope UMIDIGI can figure out how to configure the sound properly on all (hardware?) versions of the Power 3.
 Author| Post time 2020-4-3 07:55:50 | Show all posts
dh1 replied at 2020-4-3 00:36
The sound issue started on my phone with this update. It sounds like an am radio (also with headphon ...

Hi, After flashing your phone in firmware upgrade mode (so you erased your user data as well), did you set up your phone as a new device or restored a google backup? You should try to set up your phone as a new device.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-3 17:46:19 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2020-4-3 07:55
Hi, After flashing your phone in firmware upgrade mode (so you erased your user data as well), did ...

Thanks for your reply.

I used a firmware upgrade with v20200328 and did setup as a new device without restoring a backup.

After that I just played a youtube video (with good quality audio). It sounded like it had a maximum of 11khz (1/2 cd-quality) with and without headphones.

I tried with the previous 20200116 firmware and the quality was fine (normal cd quality). This (audio?) update does not seem to work properly on my phone. The audio on the 20200112 (out-of-the-box) firmware was also fine.

The rest of the firmware is working very well though, I only seem to have audio quality issues.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-4 04:47:44 | Show all posts
Hi, I did another test that confirms the issue.

I flashed my Power 3 (downgrade) with v20200116 and used spflash in firmware upgrade mode. After that, I skipped everything, no account setup, no backup restore, I copied a high quality video from my computer and played it with the files app. The audio and video are both high quality.

After that, I flashed v20200328 the same way (spflash firmware upgrade mode, skipped everything) and played the same video file (copied from my computer).

The video quality is good, the audio quality is not (like 8 bit, 11khz). Is there a way to restore the audio quality settings from the v20200116 firmware?
1234567Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list