117 14031
Author: omniuni

Power 3 Issue Reporting

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-6 01:01:06 | Show all posts

How does one use the otg or usb cable to transfer files (photos) when manufacturer sent me a phone with a damaged usb-c connector?  I'm trying to transfer photos and when I connect the phone to my computer, the phone will not allow photo files from the main memory to be accessed on a computer. My phone will not charge correctly or recognize the usb drive inserted into it that any other android phone including your A3S model recognizes it and your company sent me a defective phone.  I want a full refund for the phone and I should not have to pay for return shipping because of your company's poor customer service of quality control for not inspecting and testing products that left Umidigi's manufacturing facility.  My Power 3 phone was shipped from China directly to the United States.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2020-3-6 03:45:55 | Show all posts
@jeffreyw1 , this isn't the place to demand a refund, and you certainly can't stand on the issue of a freebie cable. A USB-C cable will cost you a couple of dollars, though I'm rather surprised you don't have several extra cables by now. However, we should start by discussing what you are trying to do.

What kind of computer do you have? After plugging in the phone, have you changed it to MTP or PTP mode?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-7 04:19:15 | Show all posts
omniuni replied at 2020-3-6 03:45
@jeffreyw1 , this isn't the place to demand a refund, and you certainly can't stand on the issue of  ...

You're mistaken.  I'm not standing on the issue of a broken freebie cable, I was sent a phone that has a broken female USB-C connection port that keeps me from transferring photo and video files.  You need to tell me how to change the MTP / PTP mode because I didn't receive any information telling me that this had to be done to use the phone.  And, when I try to power on the phone, the following message is displayed at the Power-On Umidigi screen:

"dm-verity corruption

Your device is corrupt.
It can't be trusted and may not work properly.
Press power button to continue.
Or, device will power off in 5s"

I'm guessing that this message is proof that a defective phone was sent to me?  I'm sure your programmers have seen this displayed on other Umidigi Power 3 phones.  Each time I attempt to power on my Power 3 phone, this message appears and the only way to get the phone to arrive to the main screen after it boots, is to hit the power button 3 times to get it to boot to arrive at the main display screen.

Also, my brother set up my phone (I live in the United States) and when he was placing the first call he could hear Chinese people speaking in the background when he placed a call to a friend inside the United States as if the phone was being hacked.  I know that doesn't seem normal does it?

Also, it is the responsibility of the manufacturer to honor a 1 year warranty when a phone is defective.  When I connect the phone to my computer, the computer should be able to view photo and video files, but the only way that it can be done on this phone is to turn the WiFi off (I learned how to do this by trial-and-error testing as there was no instructions in your small product manual that only shows diagrams pointing out the key buttons and other items of the phone).

Now do you realize what my problem is?  It's a defective phone.  You shouldn't act like your customers are wrong because they buy in faith expecting a product to work correctly.  Just remember the customer is always right and you do want your customer to buy products from Umidigi.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-7 17:22:36 | Show all posts
Hey there, i'm wondering if the battery usage data missing has been fixed since the Power 1. This ruined the last phone for me. I really want to buy the power 3 but i cant if this is not fixed. See image below.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-8 04:28:07 | Show all posts
I have the exact same problem with Power 3.
1/ Sound becomes mute. In order to make it work again, I have to make a phone call. That's it. But this only lasts for that session. Once I hung up the sound will disappear. I have to Manufacture Reset the phone much time to make it work. Only time will tell if it going mute again (
2/ Can not send an MMS message. A message with an image. Up until now I still can not find a fix yet. The tech from Umidigi suggests I return the phone for repair.
3/ Power on/off will give "unrecognize SD card"
I am so frustrated with this phone as Umidigi and Banggood just passing the buck to each other and no one want to offer any service (

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-9 17:06:55 | Show all posts
est-ce que vous savez si l'umidigi power 3 est rechargeable par induction ?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-10 13:01:14 | Show all posts
Edited by e36598urhencom at 2020-3-10 19:40  
jeffreyw1 replied at 2020-3-7 04:19
You're mistaken.  I'm not standing on the issue of a broken freebie cable, I was sent a phone that ...
Ahh... This location is a community, NOT support.
Please contact support at the below URL as your problem may not be solved by the community.
https://www.umidigi.com/page-support.html

You need to tell me how to change the MTP / PTP mode
Take a look at below.
https://support.google.com/android/answer/9064445?hl=en

I didn't receive any information telling me that this had to be done to use the phone.
USB charging is the default to protect phone data from Android 6 and higher.
'Change the MTP / PTP mode' operation is required every time a USB connection.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-20 23:23:00 | Show all posts
BUENOS DIAS
HE ADQUIRIDO EL UMIDIGI POWER 3, PERO PARA QUE SEA HOMOLOGADO EN MI PAÍS (PERÚ), NECESITO:  1.- EL MANUAL TECNICO QUE CONTENGA LAS ESPECIFICACIONES TECNICAS ASI COMO LA MARCA, MODELO Y NOMBRE Y DIRECCION DEL FABRICANTE; 2.- UN CERTIFICADO QUE CONSIGNE LA TASA DE ABSORCION ESPECIFICA (SAR); 3.- EL CODIGO ID FCC DEL PRODUCTO; 4.- LA DOCUMENTACION DEL FABRICANTE QUE ACREDITE CONTAR CON FUNCIONALIDAD DE DIFUSION CELULAR QUE PERMITA SER CONFIGURADO CON LOS PARAMETROS DEL SISMATE.
ESTO ES ESENCIAL PARA PODER RECOGER MI EQUIPO, POR QUE AL NO ESTAR HOMOLOGADO EN EL MINISTERIO DE TRANSPORTES Y COMUNICACIONES (MTC), HA SIDO RETENIDO POR ADUANAS Y NO PODRÍA INGRESAR A MI PAIS.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-28 01:02:23 | Show all posts
Anyone have the phone just die on them? Mine will not start. I have tried everything.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-28 12:48:58 | Show all posts
Hi. I am new and cannot start threads.
Anyone with reception problems with the umidigi power 3?
My old mobile (a crappy samsung J5), in the same room of my house, has much better connection to operator. I like much better Ummidigi power 3 but in the same places, voice quality is low, loses antenna connection and people say they don't hear me well (voice is cut, etc).
Any ideas on how to solve this?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list