Power 3 Issue Reporting

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-8-14 01:34:59 | Show all posts
Zizo07 replied at 2020-8-5 22:17
Edited by Zizo07 at 2020-8-5 22:19  

Is there different versions of this phone?

I also purchased a Power 3 recently from Amazon.ca (it was a daily prime deal), and received the phone with the v1.1 firmware (UMIDIGI_Power_3_V1.1_20200319_20200319-0949).  I saw that there were updates to 1.2 and later, but my phone would not find any wireless updates.  I actually logged a ticket with Umidigi Canada (don't ask me where, because it was ridiculously hard to find where to even contact them in the first place), and had a brief dialogue with someone who proceeded to tell me that the firmware version that I had was not a (released) version of the firmware.  I asked if there was any way to flash something newer, or if maybe my phone had a problem, but received no response and the ticket was then closed due to "no response from customer" even though the ticket was in "technician pending" or whatever.

Needless to say, this has not been a fantastic experience and based on what I'm reading online it almost seems that Umidigi has given up on this phone, and anyone who purchased it.  Has anyone had a similar experience?  Is there a way to update the phone?  It works well, even without these updates, but the lack of security updates and the lack of "care" from Umidigi is making me second-think my choice here.

Thanks,
Jay

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-8-15 22:18:08 | Show all posts
I have a Umidigi F1 and a A3 Pro. Both work pretty well.
So, based on previous experience, I ordered the Power 3 from Amazon.ca. Now I wish I had read this forum before buying it. All I can say is that if the phone I receive has the issues I'm reading about here...it will be sent back for refund.
Does Umidigi administer these forums? There never seems to be replies from company tech support. The forum is difficult to use. Can't find a way to start my own thread.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-8-26 02:30:55 | Show all posts
Hi Guys.

I received my Power 3 mid March. Recently, microphone stopped working and a few days later loudspeaker also stopped working. I opened a ticket at Support but never got an answer. Is anyone able to help me?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-8-26 05:38:19 | Show all posts
Edited by imaddicted2u at 2020-8-28 20:27  

Well I got the new Power 3. I gave it a chance...It seemed to work fine for a couple of days, then lift to wake became intermittent. Then the sound from speaker and wired headphones stopped. Bluetooth devices still had sound. First, I found that making a call would restore the sound. Then after reading this forum I turned off "OK Google". That seems to cure the sound kicking off. Then the compass became "unreliable" and "Lift to wake" pretty much stopped working all together. After reading these customer responses it seems Umidigi will be no help. After all, these problems have been documented for many. many months and no fix is in sight.
UMIDIGI have you given up...I know I have...I'll be returning this Power 3 to Amazon...ASAP...Sad really...
Update...sound still disappears with Google Assistant turned  off. Have to go in and turn the assistant on then off and sound is restored.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-9-6 01:43:58 | Show all posts
all,

save yourself the heartbreak and get a xiaomi, samsung, realme, iphone, oppo or whatever reputable company that does provide proper support for their phones and the software (which is the MOST IMPORTANT ONE).

never again, umidigi.

you've gained a spot in my idiot list.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-9-10 14:18:13 | Show all posts
Hello,
is it planned to update Umidigi Power 3 to Android 11?
Best regards

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-9-11 02:26:34 | Show all posts
Would be nice but Umidigi can't even get Android 10 working correctly on Power 3 or provide technical support for it....can't imagine them putting 11 out for it.
Once you buy a phone from Umidgi....you are on your own.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-9-28 00:16:45 | Show all posts
My Power is 1 month old.
I have an issue with my it.
When I have a call, my screen become black and I can't do anything.  I have to do a reset. Do I have to send it back or is there a manipulation to do.
Please help me

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-9-28 05:16:39 | Show all posts
It happens to me too. And with the WA audios the same. It's the broken software that these unpresentables don't fix.
Umidigi is crap.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-10-3 22:47:44 | Show all posts
My Umidigi power 3  has a problem where google maps and google assistant wont recognised voice input to varying degrees, in maps voice input pretty much doesn't work at all after first few tries after reboot.

Very sad.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list