37 2329
Author: Uxon

Fingerprint stopped to work

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-8-23 04:14:49 | Show all posts
Last week my Umidigi F2 started to slow down and not respond to touch and got worse throughout the day. I managed to try rebooting several times but it did not resolve it and then most of the swipes are ignored and cannot power down. I also cannot select "OK" in "Reboot to safe mode" window. Google voice assistant seemed to be picking up random sounds. I tried to turn it off but could not. The phone would ignore touch and swipe and then suddenly there will be a flury of activity on the screen. It is making it impossible to use the phone. I searched online to see if anyone else has similar problems and all I am finding is that it is likely a hardare problem. I opened a ticket with Umidigi and the ticket is with support but they have not answered in a week. I have not dropped the phone and it is pristine looking and a beautiful phone. The phone only arrived in late january and I started using it a month or so after so it is a nearly new phone (5 months use or so).

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-8-24 18:42:54 | Show all posts
same here seem its a major issue

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-8-26 11:59:31 | Show all posts
Last week my Umidigi F2 started to slow down and not respond to touch and got worse throughout the day. I managed to try rebooting several times but it did not resolve it and then most of the swipes are ignored and cannot power down. I also cannot select "OK" in "Reboot to safe mode" window. Google voice assistant seemed to be picking up random sounds. I tried to turn it off but could not. The phone would ignore touch and swipe and then suddenly there will be a flury of activity on the screen. It is making it impossible to use the phone. I searched online to see if anyone else has similar problems and all I am finding is that it is likely a hardare problem. I opened a ticket with Umidigi and the ticket is with support but they have not answered in a week. I have not dropped the phone and it is pristine looking and a beautiful phone. The phone only arrived in late january and I started using it a few weeks after so it is a nearly new phone (5 months use or so).

Please let me know how to resolve.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-8-27 08:16:43 | Show all posts
Last week my Umidigi F2 started to slow down and not respond to touch and got worse throughout the day. I managed to try rebooting several times but it did not resolve it and then most of the swipes are ignored and cannot power down. I also cannot select "OK" in "Reboot to safe mode" window. Google voice assistant seemed to be picking up random sounds. I tried to turn it off but could not. The phone would ignore touch and swipe and then suddenly there will be a flury of activity on the screen. It is making it impossible to use the phone. I searched online to see if anyone else has similar problems and all I am finding is that it is likely a hardare problem. I opened a ticket with Umidigi and the ticket is with support but they have not answered in a week. I have not dropped the phone and it is pristine looking and a beautiful phone. The phone only arrived in late january and I started using it a few weeks after so it is a nearly new phone (5 months use or so).

Please let me know how to resolve.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-9-7 19:02:19 | Show all posts
I have the same problem. Factory reboot did not help.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-9-7 19:04:55 | Show all posts
Dexx replied at 2020-7-26 23:03
Did anyone manage to solve the problem of the dead fingerprint sensor?
My F2 no longer reads the fin ...

I have the same problem and factory reset did not help

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-10-29 19:15:31 | Show all posts
Edited by sdevdutt41 at 2020-11-6 16:02  

I cannot hear the caller on the earpiece while on VoIP!!!! sometimes it does work but most of the times it does not! and the problem is there is support is very slow!!! 9apps

Regards, cartoonhd

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-11-11 18:54:05 | Show all posts
Edited by andyhilton27 at 2020-11-20 02:54  

Edited by andyhilton27 at 2020-11-20 02:51  

With the Windows Hello fingerprint sign-in not working, you'll need to revert to using your password or PIN to login and check for Windows Updates manually. Install all pending and detected updates, and restart your computer. Try signing in with fingerprint authentication again. mcdvoice mybkexperience

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-11-26 11:05:06 | Show all posts
The exact same thing happened to me. I use the phone for 6 months fingerprint sensor stopped working 2 weeks ago,
I just bought the Umidigi BISON, I hope it won't have the same problem, I think I will go back to Xiaomi next year.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-11-28 09:41:14 | Show all posts
Since there doesn't seem to be any interest from Umidigi to support F2's, perhaps we can exert some force where it hurts - buy somebody else's products. There is a pile of other brands on the market, and I for one, will certainly look somewhere else! My wife's A7 Pro is a better built phone and more reliable (at half the price)!
12345Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list