23 9138
Author: bencebacsi

UMIDIGI Power 3 V1.1_20200116_2033 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-13 22:03:36 | Show all posts
Thanks for providing the complete ROM image!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-15 19:37:02 | Show all posts
Hello! Dear manufacturers, when you launch the Camera application in the application, the screen brightness becomes as large as possible. Exit the Camera application and become normal again, as you configured. Please do so that the brightness in the application does not change to the maximum!

Здравствуйте!Уважаемые производители,когда запускаешь приложение "Камера" в приложении, яркость экрана становиться максимально большой.Выходишь из приложения "Камера"-становиться опять нормальной ,как настраивал. Сделайте пожалуйста ,чтоб яркость в приложении не менялась на максимальную!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-3 19:41:27 | Show all posts
Hello. Dear developers, when the phone is working, the proximity sensor stops working after several days of work. I have to restart the phone. So that everything works. And it's not just me, on the w3bsit3-dns.com forum, users also write about this malfunction. Please fix in the following firmware.

Здравствуйте.Уважаемые разработчики,при работе телефона,после нескольких дней работы перестает  работать датчик приближения.Приходится перезагружать телефон .чтоб все заработало.И это не только у меня,на форуме 4PDA пользователи так же пишут об этой неисправности. Исправте пожалуйста в следующих прошивках.
 Author| Post time 2020-3-3 22:49:36 | Show all posts
AlekseyK replied at 2020-2-15 19:37
Hello! Dear manufacturers, when you launch the Camera application in the application, the screen bri ...

Hi, The camera app works like that on all models since many years ago. In some camera app, you can turn the max brightness off but unfortunately the Power 3's stock camera app is not a such one. You can use third party camera apps like Open Camera where the screen max brightness can be turned on or off.
 Author| Post time 2020-3-3 22:50:44 | Show all posts
AlekseyK replied at 2020-3-3 19:41
Hello. Dear developers, when the phone is working, the proximity sensor stops working after several  ...

That's a real and existing issue. Our engineers will find the reason and an OTA update will fix it. Thank you for your feedback.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-4 23:48:27 | Show all posts
How does one use the otg or usb cable to transfer files (photos) when manufacturer sent me a phone with a damaged usb-c connector?  I'm trying to transfer photos and when I connect the phone to my computer, the phone will not allow photo files from the main memory to be accessed on a computer. My phone will not charge correctly or recognize the usb drive inserted into it that any other android phone including your A3S model recognizes it and your company sent me a defective phone.  I want a full refund for the phone and I should not have to pay for return shipping because of your company's poor customer service of quality control for not inspecting and testing products that left Umidigi's manufacturing facility.  My Power 3 phone was shipped from China directly to the United States.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-3-26 13:48:53 | Show all posts
Edited by plumpkibbles at 2020-3-26 16:38  

Edited by plumpkibbles at 2020-3-26 14:51  

Edited by plumpkibbles at 2020-3-26 13:56  

Man - i bet you guys are tired of my posts lol

SO.. this will be my FIFTH Umidigi device!! Absolutely wonderful products from these guys.

As you may know, i'm one of the MANY, many people that are fed up with the devices and device PRICES for the new 'flagship' quality devices in the US and probably around the globe.. i'm not about to pay 1k or 1.5k for a freaking PHONE    >.<

So when my device was due for an upgrade, i started doing some research.. bla bla, long story short; i found Umidigi!

alright - enough of my yammering..

the Power 3 device is by far the best device i've used from Umi so far. VERY fast, huge screen, definite weight difference in this device compared to my last devices. not sure on exact weight, but it's stout. Android 10 Game Mode really increases the performance of the device when playing games. COD mobile runs flawlessly - not too big on gaming, so i gotta try something ;)

there's actually just one issue that i've found so far.. i've read some posts above me that match - except the guy talking about the screen brightness when opening the Camera app.. full brightness is actually, perfect. i find it a little annoying that when i want to use the camera i need to drag down the notification bar, drag down again to access the brightness, and max it out - that's not the case with this or newer devices.. anyway..

So the only issue i've got with this device so far would be the sound issue. the system sounds seem to be muted somehow. i haven't gotten too far into trying to see what's causing it - but the issue does go away when restarting the device in Safe Mode, but does not return after rebooting out of Safe Mode - which makes me think it may be one of the apps i have installed.. i did reflash the device using the original ROM - but was prompted to update once again after setup. i tried to cancel that update, but the Wireless Update app force-updated despite the cancellation. i have not flashed this device using the updated ROM though - i may try that soon. the issues don't seem to affect the sound from an incoming call, or an incoming text message (both system apps, not WeChat or Whatsapp); but does affect audio from every other sound or music source, even when selecting a ring tone in settings (the preview of the selected tone) - but is loud and clear when an incoming notification comes through. i have been reading some other device forums on sound issues after updating their Pie devices to 10 - almost same problems; except the Pixel. some users have reported ALL sound through the device speaker is muted. when i found that forum; i was reading through and after one of the last comments posted, Google had disabled their forum replies to that post.. odd. but, at least i know it's not JUST Umidigi devices - calm down everyone!! sometimes, and more so than not, it isn't a faulty device; and in this case, obviously NOT any fault from Umidigi. i'm completely content with this device - it even has raise to wake!! so it's not too big a deal for me as of now. if i do anything more at this point, i may try the original ROM once more in airplane mode, then disable the auto-update in Wireless Update.. i'll know then if the original ROM has this issue as well - which i'm just guessing that it may not; considering..

like usual - i'll keep everyone updated with my findings!

*** UPDATE ***

not even 5 min. after posting this - i may have found the issue with the sound being cut from the device speaker.. everyone try this: go to Settings -> Sound -> then change the volume of the ringer or the alarm; something that will use the speaker to play - no audio, right? okay.. plug in some headphones and then change the volume once more on ringer or alarm.. my audio was then routed to the speaker instead of the headphones... there may be a hardware_switch issue somewhere in the system config.. i'll see about diagnosing this through ADB for verification. i'll update with more information as always.

*** UPDATE ***

okay... so it's my headphone port. the first pin on the 3.5mm port is sligtly leaning into the frame of the headphone port, casuing a sort of 'short'.

let me make this part crystal clear - *!*!*I DID NOT INSTRUCT ANYONE TO DO THIS!*!*!*

what i did to fix this issue - the very first pin of the headphone port must have been bent somehow during the initial use of my headphones. i've inspected the headhpones 3.5mm plug and found no metal burs or any blemishes that would imply damage from my headphones.. so i did some research and found you can use an app called SoundAbout to see the current status of your headphone activity / connection. you can also disable the headphone pop (hardware_switch), i.e. the software switch that takes audio from the speaker and plays it through the 3.5mm jack. anyway - my first pin was bent just slightly so that it was creating a ground loop; making the device think that headphones are being used and will reroute the sound to the 3.5mm jack; no icon for headphone indication either.. i powerd the device off, took one of my many impossibly small precision flat-head screw driver bits (IFIXIT 1.0mm flat head to be exact), very cautiously and carefully moved the pin back over to the correct spot - VOILA - speaker functionality has been restored!!

so in my case, this was a very simple hardware fix. i'm not too sure if this is the case for ALL of the Power 3 devices; sadly i do not have a repair shop to provide support.. but if anyone does attempt to repair the pin, DO NOT.. i am an established Electronics Engineer and know the risks i'm taking when performing hardware repairs / hardware manipulation.

i do not have any 'suggestions' for Umidigi on this - my advice would be to contact the Umidigi supoprt for repair. again, this is NOT any fault from Umidigi.

pleas refer to my first '*** UPDATE ***' post for steps to troubleshoot your 3.5mm jack.

and once again..

THANK YOU, UMIDIGI!!

............ *** UPDATE ***

so that didn't exactly work, but did temporarily..

what i am testing now is the Google Assistant 'Hey Google' voice recognition.. and so far this is looking more promising than the out of place 3.5mm jack pin.

Oleksiy has posted this work around on page 3 of the .....2148 ROM forum (Euro ROM section). i do believe this may be soley software at this point. the microphone being active at all times for 'OK Google' recognition may be interferring with the audio config.. i have tried this numerous times already with very high success in my results. with the voice recognition | ON - no sound... voice recognition | OFF - imediate sound restoration.

please remember - this is NOT Umidigi's fault!! this issue with Android 10 is now active across all device platforms. for now, i'm deleting my Assistant app - i don't use it that much anyway. and with other devices (not Umi) i've had the "bling!" like i said Hey Google.. but didn't.

just don't use the assistant app and you'll be just fine!

i'm assuming in the meantime, we'll have to wait for Google to clean this up, sadly.

no assistant, all the sound!

Ben: if i were to provide you some debug information, would this be helpful?

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-3-26 15:14:57 | Show all posts
jeffreyw1 replied at 2020-3-4 23:48
How does one use the otg or usb cable to transfer files (photos) when manufacturer sent me a phone w ...

try using that cable with another Type-C device (phone). computers / laptops use a Lightning Port which is slightly different.. Lightning Ports are commonly used for interfacing external peripherals with the PC. example: the Surface Pro devices have this Lightning Port, and can be used for external USB 3.0, Ethernet, HDMI / Display Port, and more. directly connecting to this Lightning Port implies that you have a device that is Lightning capable; which also implies that said device is an extension of peripherals.. the Power 3 is not either of those things; or storage. assuming that you've already setup your Power 3 - you could have copied all information from your old device, if Type-C, to your Power 3 device with little hassle using the C to C OTG cable.

to do what you're stating - you will simply just use the Type-A to Type-C cable that came with the Power 3. you will need to head to Settings -> Connected Devices -> then simply change the USB settings for 'File Transfer' once connected to the PC..

this should help with your 'problems'.. now, stop assuming your user errors are Umidigi's fault.. selecting 'File Transfer' is nothing new. please do your part and learn how to use the device before putting blame on someone else.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-3-28 02:25:34 | Show all posts
so expanding a little more on the sound issues - this is not apparent on the A3X device. i can confirm that with the newest 1.4 ROM that was provided. i can have the 'Hey Google' recognition enabled without any sound issues. just a little more info on the issue.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-30 05:00:43 | Show all posts
Hi, new update available but no success installing automatically. Is it possible to post it here when it comes out so we can download it manually?

Exact update is:

"UMIDIGI_Power_3_v1.2_20200328_20200328_1108"

Thanks
123Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list