9 523
View: 523|Reply: 9

Umidigi X Unfit for Purpose

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-12-1 07:52:15 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have constant problems of the phone dropping 4G data and refusing to switch bands or go to 3G. It just stops receiving data. Umidigi support told me:

We suggest you compare the UMIDIGI X with xiaomi model, because the X is different from other UMIDIGI models, it has changed the signal value to xiaomi, and it will be 3G automatically when the network changes, but as you mentioned, it seems not to switch because the signal value at that time has not reached the signal value of the 3G signal set by our mobile phone.

This answer is wholly unsatisfactory, they are actually saying that the Umidigi X has an inferior signal strength and is unfit for use on O2 which is a major European cell provider. The phone is basically a brick and I can't tell anyone reading this DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PHONE.
Post time 2019-12-2 03:24:56 | Show all posts
Hi,

That message that you quoted as it's told by UMIDIGI support sounds weird. I also work there but we never mention Xiaomi. Why would we do that? Could you please share your ticket number, so I could check your case.
Personally I've been using an X as my daily driver for a few weeks but never experienced any 4G drop and no other users reported such an issue. Maybe you have some inherited settings (synced from your Google account when setting up your phone) that cause your issues. I recommend you to reset your network settings in Settings --> System --> Advanced --> Reset options --> Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-12-14 15:06:18 | Show all posts
Same problem here.

No 4G, no 3G. Network switches back and forth.

Cannot delete apns, network all sho as 12345,  using sim 2 it shows up as MEID and will not roam.

What piece of crap.

Customer support is horrible.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-12-15 13:41:01 | Show all posts
This phone is useless,......

Buyer beware.

No signal, signal on and off,

Do not buy this useless phone.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-12-27 00:32:18 | Show all posts
I could'nt create a new topic, then i will ask here. My phone is discharging superfast. It had 100% of battery in night. When i took the phone this morning it has consumed 40%. I have to charge twice a day, Someone elsehad this problem? What i do?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-12-31 05:16:45 | Show all posts
Fabianoche replied at 2019-12-27 00:32
I could'nt create a new topic, then i will ask here. My phone is discharging superfast. It had 100%  ...

Don't waste your time, there is no support for these phones.

There is no customer service.

This company is a JOKE!!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-6 17:41:54 | Show all posts
Chikilin69 replied at 2019-12-31 05:16
Don't waste your time, there is no support for these phones.

There is no customer service.

YOU ARE RIGHT.
MY PHONE CRASHED AFTER FEW WEEKS AND IT IS TWO MONTHS I AM ASKING TO REPLACE IT WITHOUT RESULTS.
THERE IS NO SUPPORT, NO CUSTOME CARE, NO RESPONSE FROM THEM.
IT IS AN INCREDIBLE SITUATION!!!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-4-9 21:56:57 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2019-12-2 03:24
Hi,

That message that you quoted as it's told by UMIDIGI support sounds weird. I also work there bu ...

I have same problem.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-6-7 06:10:31 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2019-12-2 03:24
Hi,

That message that you quoted as it's told by UMIDIGI support sounds weird. I also work there bu ...

Why you dont update the UMIDIGI X to android Q?

If you dont want to update the phone to that version it will be a good idea if your release an android 9 vendor souse. The community will update the phone with that souse.

We will to appreciate  that you do it a lot.

Thanks...

threads

credits

credits
Post time 3 Day Before | Show all posts
Umidigi X has severe battery drain issues.

The battery drain is caused by 4 CPU cores always running at max speed 2GHz, 4 other cores run al at 800MHz fixed.
So even when phone is on standby, screen off....the CPU is eating your battery.

I wished I had done more research before buying this phone.  The hardware specs are great......  I didn't notice 4G issues .....yet.
If only Umidigi would make an Android patch for the CPU scaling, that would help me greatly.  But I have no hope to receive any update ever.

I learned a lesson here.   
Buying phones is always a gamble, but the cheaper the phone, the more chance to have issues, more chance for a fix to never come.

I hope Umidigi spends my money to improve their "testing" of the phone design, and to improve general software support.

P.S.   the hardware is really great, screen is good, camera's (real 12Mpixel, times 4 interpolation?)  are OK...everything is smooth.  But battery hardly gets through the day, which makes the phone pretty useless.

Br.

Michel
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list