Author: bencebacsi

[A5 Pro] UMIDIGI A5 Pro V1.4_20190805 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-8-27 17:14:04 | Show all posts
plumpkibbles replied at 2019-8-26 08:58
And you're running the European ROM, STUPID. I know what I'm talking about. Root probably, and doe ...

Gee

Why so agressive to this guy.

He just shows his rooted phone to prove it works.

I am sure I rooted both eu and global but they were the 1.2 versions. No reason to think there the newer GLOBAL versions would not be rootable.  After that I stopped trying because my phone just crashed with in 3 to 5 minutes and flashing other roms removes root. and my focus shifted t just getting a working phone.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-8-27 17:26:23 | Show all posts
This forum is funny.

I feels like the old days using cutoms roms and begging the developer of the custom rom to fix radio , or camera or wifi signal or what every the dev forgot to fix when creating his version of the custom rom.

Only we are not using a custom rom bot the official one and the devs do not answer any questions.

I know it is a cheap phone and yiou get what you pay for so there might some quirky thinks with it. But they are (STILL!!!) promoting and selling this phone based on its fantastic camera specs. (sony etc..)  So I can finally make decent pictures with my phone. I now have an acer with 8 mp and the quality is not so good. specially in lower light.

Well reading all the cam probs in this forum make me believe that when I finaly get my replacement phone that my cam will not work or will stop working with in a month or so.

so pls UMIDIGI focus on the camera software pls.

But

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-28 00:01:23 | Show all posts
macron0 replied at 2019-8-27 17:14
Gee

Why so agressive to this guy.

wow, political views on a forum; haven't seen that before! definitely not fueling your small minded comment.

back to the REAL topic, the phone.

i've rooted many different devices, many different ways - so i'm not going there either, man. and it would appear you need to look up the NA FCC regulations regarding cellular and WIFI limitations for bands / channel frequencies. we can't operate our wireless routers on channels 12-14; why? FCC.

i'm asking the COMPANY for their help, not anyone's personal opinions.

there are differences with the EU ROM and the 'global'. BTW if it was TRULY 'global', why is there a European rom? A: languages and bands.

i'm not 'aggressive' i'm simply sternly stating facts; and that he needs to be taking that to the EU ROM posts. i've already read the EU ROM posts - compared problems and even about root. i don't get it - did you miss that part where i stated research between the forums have been conducted?

rooted ROM versions - what versions are you guys using. if it's 1.2 - that one doesn't boot on my phone. no idea if 1.1 does, after the black screen at boot with 1.2 flash, not even trying that.

one of the main points i would like to get from the company, is a text - black and white statement saying their drivers for display are different. even within the development options, there are different menus than if i look at another Pie device - again i know what i'm looking for, and graphic rendering SKIA options are not there. WHY? drivers.

this is going to take some time - but i'm side by side comparing the NA and EU ROMS file by file.. i'll update everyone when i have all the answers i've been looking for.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-28 00:07:01 | Show all posts
dnbx replied at 2019-8-27 14:45
Edited by dnbx at 2019-8-27 14:49  

sorry to say, there are differences and my apologies. maybe the translations make the wording appear more aggressive in text.

i'm not sure if what i have is even a stable phone at this point. 1.3 ROM is the only firmware i can rollback to safely. 1.2 does not boot to anything - i get a black screen with lines on the right side of the screen from top to bottom. no change if i use the 'Download only' or 'Firmware Upgrade' options. like i've stated recently - i'm taking the EU and NA ROMS and doing a side by side, file by file. i'll let everyone know what i find.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-28 04:30:02 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
https://youtu.be/xIF_oudqnzY

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-28 05:27:32 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
And when i make video call the camera is green fix it

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-8-28 23:27:25 | Show all posts
сегодня я заметил, что во время видеозвонка через приложения VK и Viber нет изображения, только зеленый экран.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-8-30 10:07:40 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Today get update. Please check manually . Improved camera

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-8-30 10:21:57 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yes.. new update.
- Camera
- Sound Higher
- Mac Address
Screenshot_20190830-092009.png

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-8-31 07:17:01 | Show all posts
fatur06 replied at 2019-8-30 10:07
Today get update. Please check manually . Improved camera

Hi fatur06,

If you work with/for Umidigi team, can you help me on following questions on this new version of 1.4 (08/27) on A5 pro?

1) The power usage/Battery usage per app is still not working/broken, even on this new v1.4 update

2) This phone supports US carriers well including VoLTE support, but it does NOT support VoLTE on China Telecom (中国电信) 's network in China. It supports its 4G LTE but Data only and no Voice (due to lack of CDMA and VoLTE config). Can you add IMS provision file for China Telecom so we can use its VoLTE on that network to call/text?

3) Similarly, does the phone support VoLTE on China Mobile (中国移动) in China? If not, can you add the IMS provision config file in next version of OTA update?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list