Author: bencebacsi

UMIDIGI S3 Pro V1.0_20190706 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-10 14:43:06 | Show all posts
Edited by melwak at 2019-7-10 14:52  

after update OTA found freezing while making choises on screen not normal touching , only at select somthing it not respond for seconds , before update their was no touch screen issue

HELP

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-10 18:10:22 | Show all posts
Umidigi I updated the firmware, and I want to show how the screen hangs, the phone became even worse, it happens after charging or while charging the battery!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-10 23:58:50 | Show all posts
Edited by Croquette at 2019-7-11 00:51  

Unfortunately, I am now 99% sure that the update released last week revealed a manufacturing issue concerning the touchscreen : grounding issue.

The latest update released yesterday did remove the generalized touchscreen freezing problem, but the upper part of my screen still doesn't repond to my finger when the phone is not grounded, i.e., when the phone sits on a table, is on the car holder or in landscape position in a leather wallet case.

More and more people are becoming aware that their S3 Pro has this touchscreen grounding issue.
EDIT : I just contacted AMAZON and invoked the hidden defect clause. Amazon took into consideration the fact that this was my THIRD faulty UMIDIGI S3 Pro and refunded 289,99€ on my credit card. The two previous units had screen issues : dead pixels, pulsating backlight, yellow tinted half of the screen.

Amazon could have told me "f*ck you we only cover cover item orders fullfilled by amazon in the name of marketplace sellers like UMIDIGI during 30 days after the purchase date, please contact UMIDIGI". They did not do it and gave me their support.

If my S3 Pro had been purchased on Aliexpress, I would have been 100% f*cked.

This time, I will NOT buy another S3 Pro.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-11 00:01:00 | Show all posts
Croquette replied at 2019-7-10 23:58
Edited by Croquette at 2019-7-11 00:00  

All reason, the top part when pulling the task bar with the mobile phone on a table sometimes does not respond.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-11 00:54:09 | Show all posts
Edited by Croquette at 2019-7-11 01:48  
Rafael_Hongaro replied at 2019-7-11 00:01
All reason, the top part when pulling the task bar with the mobile phone on a table sometimes does ...

This is the end of the story between me and the UMIDIGI S3 Pro. I have been refunded by AMAZON and will send back the phone tomorrow.

It must stop. Too much time wasted, too much frustration.

Three faulty consecutive units.

Good luck with your phone.

If you bought it on AMAZON, do not hesitate to call them and ask for a refund even if the 30 days purchase protection expired.

PS : The touch screen issue that occurs when you do not hold the phone in your hands is caused by a MANUFACTURING / HARDWARE issue.

Software updates can only reduce the symptoms of such a grounding issue.

The generalized freezing induced by the first update released earlier this month led people like me to test their screens in various situations.

No matter the ROM version, no matter the boot.img, the grounding issue does not disappear.

We discovered a problem that was in fact affecting our devices since they were manufactured.

Something went wrong with touchscreens assembly / manufacturing.

The S3 pro is plagued by touchscreen issues since its release.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-11 03:16:18 | Show all posts
Croquette replied at 2019-7-11 00:54
Edited by Croquette at 2019-7-11 01:48  

It's annoying, but fortunately it's a little thing to use, and I bought it by the indiegogo, I'll buy another smartphone, of course, it will be a xiaomi, umidigi, it's never a shame, this company without shame, that last update was perfect, cause problem with software algorithm. but thank your advice and good luck with another handset buying xiaomi umidigi is very bad.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-11 03:22:44 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2019-7-6 11:18
You can find special modes like the Pro mode after selecting the quad-rectangular icon in the top r ...

UMIDIGI correct the problem of sensitivity with one hand, will leaves the smartphone with this problem their incompetence.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-11 08:47:04 | Show all posts
Rafael_Hongaro replied at 2019-7-11 03:22
UMIDIGI correct the problem of sensitivity with one hand, will leaves the smartphone with this pro ...

I have no problem with touch screen, nothing wrong with it, phone works very well, i can operate by one hand without problems.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-11 09:27:21 | Show all posts
I bought it by the indiegogo, the phone is working well so far and never have freeze screen/ touch screen issues.
The bad side of S3 pro is the poor performance of camera, Anyway, I shall switch to another brand name and NEVER buy umidigi again.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-11 17:38:14 | Show all posts
I made a short video to show you how to check if your S3 Pro has the touchscreen grounding issue : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihR9JuDgQUU&feature=youtu.be

If you live in an European country like France and your phone has this major issue, the law grants you an immediate an total refund if you bought the phone in Europe because this grounding issue is an hidden defect.

For example, here is the law for French customers :

This legal guarantee on latent defects is applicable when the defect was hidden and not visible, when it rendered the product unfit for use and when it could not have been discovered by a reasonably thorough inspection before the sale. A replacement, a partial or total refund or the cancellation of the whole contract can be obtained.

Source : https://www.europe-consommateurs ... nce/hidden-defects/

The phone will be packed and shipped back to Amazon today.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list