UMIDIGI S3 Pro V1.0_20190706 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 10:35:04 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2019-7-6 11:29
You should flash this version with SP Flash Tool in 'Firmware Upgrade' mode. I can't reproduce any ...

It continues the defects;
The camera continues the same thing, the whatsapp continues with the bugada camera due to the no app, the portuguese translation error and ono new app the bokeh keeps closing the battery bug app still continues.
Improvements;
Default alarm sound bug corrected, no ringtons repeated, new sounds for improved ringtones.

I received the OTA update normally

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 14:17:47 | Show all posts
After installing the latest firmware version, the screen hangs up after using the camera, installed the firmware in a manual zip file European Umidigi Take this into account I want to say there is an improvement in the camera, thanks for the night mode!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 20:41:52 | Show all posts
Hello! The last update I received (OTA = UMIDIGI_S3_Pro_V1.0_20190522_20190705-1722) fixed the screen freezing problem. My S3 Pro is perfect now! Thank you for your help. Best regards, fermianoqueiroz@gmail.com.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 23:35:42 | Show all posts
Virgincola replied at 2019-7-6 17:05
I have the same problem since the beginning. I get these skips with my car bluetooth as well as wi ...

I have the same issue too with Blue tooth skipping in my car. Also since the beginning. Since the last update my phone screen hasn't frozen again

Comments

If you have a Newer Car, 2016 and newer good luck getting any Umidigi to connect correctly. Have a F1, Power and a S3 a they will not connect to a Hyundai, Kia or Ford.  Post time 2019-7-8 23:50

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-9 00:07:47 | Show all posts
The battery is very good 3 days in normal use only app, perfect. Strong point.
Screenshot_20190708-114553.png

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-9 00:21:16 | Show all posts
Edited by Croquette at 2019-7-9 00:29  

Here is a precise description of the touch screen issue caused by the latest update, from an Indiegogo backer :

Hi UMIDIGI.
The conditions under which the sensitivity of the touch screen on the 20190705-1722 Update decreases.
• Attach the S3 Pro to a tripod or selfie stick and operate the touch screen with one finger.
・ At this time, make sure that other fingers and hands do not touch the S3 Pro side and back. (If you hold it in your hand or operate it with two or more fingers, you will not see any symptoms.)
We are in trouble because we attach S3 Pro to tripod and use.
Please correct it immediately.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projec ... mic-phone#/comments
I can confirm that my touch screen issues happen when the conditions described by this user are realized.

I flashed my S3 Pro this morning with a slightly altered 2019060619 S3 Pro ROM : I used the boot.img of the 2019043022.

Even if I do not understand why or how it happened, I can now say that my S3 Pro touch screen does not freeze anymore and I can use it again. This idea comes from a XDA user : https://forum.xda-developers.com ... 40072&postcount=287

Unfortunately, I still encounter limited touch screen sensitivity issues : as described in the post of the user I quoted above, if I do not touch the back or the sides of the phone with my hand or fingers while I'm using the touch screen, the upper part of the screen does not respond to my fingers.
The 2019070517 update definitively altered some parameters of the touchscreen in a way that I still do not understand.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-9 03:50:50 | Show all posts
Umidigi, the next update is planned for the end of the month?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-9 04:19:04 | Show all posts
Here is another feedback from a victim of this update, found on the Indiegogo S3 Pro comment section :
guys do not updae. screen touch is very bad now. you have to press hard and also it dosent register some touch. its vwry annoying. Do not update.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-9 07:51:23 | Show all posts
Edited by Croquette at 2019-7-9 07:58  

I flashed the various boot.img from all possible & previous existing roms for the S3 Pro, EU or non-EU.

No result. Some boot.img make the touchscreen terrible, others just affect the top area of the screen when the hand is not in contact with the frame or the back.

UMIDIGI, could you please explain me what you have done to the touch screen parameters in the july update ?

UMIDIGI, please at least acknowledge the problem...

People were using their phones with fully working touch screens during two or three months and then, woke up friday or saturday, see that UMIDIGI released an "update", install it and the phone touch screen suddenly becomes unresponsive !

The easy answer for UMIDIGI would be to say something like "This is a grounding issue on the touchscreen. You unit was probably faulty since you unboxed it. Such things happen. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please submit a RMA request".

In my video about the A5 Pro touchscreen issue, you can see that my S3 Pro touchscreen is 100% working and i'm not even touching the frame or the back or the phone : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsmSR02epUg

How could a grounding issue magically appear coincidentally just after the july OTA update ?

I know that UMIDIGI devs are busy, working on future phones, and that providing updates must be a pain for them. I can understand, I do not like to look back on previous work, I always go forward.

But please, you can't ruin the phones of some of your customers and let them in this situation without a word !

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-9 09:02:15 | Show all posts
Edited by FT907 at 2019-7-9 09:07  
MatthewMatiP replied at 2019-7-8 03:20
I have the same problem like you, i can't update to newest update from this month July by OTA wire ...

Finally, I use manual update (no need to use computer) and success! The phone is running normal after the update.

Follow this instruction :

OTA (recovery) update
Manual (local) OTA update method instructions:

Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal storage of your phone ( see below to select the correct version (EU/non EU)
Go to Settings --> System --> --> Advanced --> About phone --> Wireless update
Tap the 3-dot menu button in the top right corner and select Local Updates
Brows for the ...update.zip file and select it
Select INSTALL NOW, then OK in the Warning window. Your phone reboots into recovery, the update gets installed, then your phone boots into Android. Your updated system is ready to use.

Remember to select the correct version (EU/non EU)

EU version:
https://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18786&extra=page%3D1

Non EU version:
https://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18785&extra=page%3D1
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list