83 8948
Author: bencebacsi

UMIDIGI S3 Pro V1.0_20190706 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-7 04:37:08 | Show all posts
Is there a trick to getting the FOTA update?  (I've removed the SD Card just in case, that wasn't the issue....)

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-7 05:19:40 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2019-7-6 11:18
You can find special modes like the Pro mode after selecting the quad-rectangular icon in the top r ...

It continues the defects;
The old camera continues the same thing, whatsapp continues with the camera bugada due to the in app, the error of translation to Portuguese in the battery tab continues writing loading and the new application of the camera bokeh continues closing.
Improvements;
Standard alarm sound error corrected, no repeated taps, new sounds for improved tones.

Umidigi, put the novelty of the new app in the old please, not everyone who likes to have two app for camera this is ridiculous.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-7 05:36:50 | Show all posts
Virgincola replied at 2019-7-6 17:05
I have the same problem since the beginning. I get these skips with my car bluetooth as well as wi ...

Same issue. But not consistently. Most often Bluetooth works just fine. Sometimes get above mentioned skipps  both in Car and with Headphones.

Haven't figured out the pattern  yet.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-7 05:41:44 | Show all posts
thesamim replied at 2019-7-7 04:37
Is there a trick to getting the FOTA update?  (I've removed the SD Card just in case, that wasn't th ...

FWIW: Downloaded Zip from first message, did local update, all is well.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-7 07:39:27 | Show all posts
Edited by Croquette at 2019-7-7 18:26  

Hello !

I unfortunately have major touch screen issues since I installed this update.

Here is a copy of the mail I just sent to UMIDIGI technical support :

Hello,

I own a UMIDIGI S3 Pro and updated the phone to the latest 20190706 ROM through OTA update.

Unfortunately, the screen of my phone is now totally unresponsive. I have to press really hard on the screen to accomplish even elementary tasks : For example, Entering my PIN code is a real torture.

I never had any touchscreen issues until I installed this update. Never.

My beloved S3 Pro became impossible to use : upper sections of the screen do not react to my fingers anymore, the rest of the screen becomes totally unsensitive / unresponsive regularly and randomly.

I spent my whole saturday downgrading the phone to any possible, previous and official available ROM without result.

It seems that the latest update altered touch screen parameters or drivers at a level that a simple downgrade cannot revert back to their previous working state.

I read that the main goal of this update was to solve the touch screen issues that had a negative impact on the user-experience of a large chunk of the Umidigi S3 Pro userbase since launch day.

Unfortunately, it seems that the this update affects users who did not have any touchscreen issue before, like me.

It is quite difficult for me to write these words, but, in its current state, my S3 Pro is just good to be thrown in a trash can. I cannot even think about selling without a working touch screen.

This is really depressing considering that less than 24 hours ago, my S3 Pro was still in a perfectly working condition.

It was the third S3 Pro that I had to buy from Amazon : I had to send back two S3 Pro before this one because they were affected by the "pulsating backlight" issue, had dead pixels and yellow tinted areas of the screen...

I really tried everything I could. I even installed a brand new screen protector and a new leather case, just in case the accessories would have been the cause of my issues encoutered after the update. They are not.

Could you please help me ?

Here are videos of the problem :

First video, took 10 minutes after the update this morning : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEK5H4XRlso

Second video, took a few minutes ago, this evening : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v-1QeHJJjI

The phone has the latest update installed in both videos.

Thank you for your future answer and help.

Best regards,

PS : I am not lucky with UMIDIGI phones this week. I am the guy who posted the A5 Pro video a few days ago : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsmSR02epUg
You can see my S3 Pro on the left of my A5 Pro (sadly, my A5 Pro still has other major issues).

You can therefore see that my S3 Pro was perfectly working, with a perfectly responsive touchscreen before the latest update.

After I downloaded and installed the update this morning, my S3 Pro touchscreen became 1000 times worse than the A5 Pro's before the release of the A5 Pro update

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-7 13:34:04 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I am non EU versio phone .  I live in Asia. and cannot update via OTA. what is the problem ?  I never using manual update before (using computer )I only use OTA update previously

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 02:27:16 | Show all posts
Another user is experiencing touch screen issues :
In Japan, we could wirelessly update to the following version yesterday night.
UMIDIGI_S3_Pro_V1.0_20190522_20190705-1722
The sensitivity of the touch panel has dropped, so there may be a problem with the update.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projec ... mic-phone#/comments

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 03:17:31 | Show all posts
FT907 replied at 2019-7-7 13:34
I am non EU versio phone .  I live in Asia. and cannot update via OTA. what is the problem ?  I neve ...

I have the same problem like you, i can't update to newest version from July, i have EU version. System shows that my newest update is from June.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 03:20:00 | Show all posts
FT907 replied at 2019-7-7 13:34
I am non EU versio phone .  I live in Asia. and cannot update via OTA. what is the problem ?  I neve ...

I have the same problem like you, i can't update to newest update from this month July by OTA wireless update, system shows that my newest version is from June. Disappointed.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 10:29:30 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2019-7-6 11:29
You should flash this version with SP Flash Tool in 'Firmware Upgrade' mode. I can't reproduce any ...

I updated normally, I say in the update I mentioned the improvements and the problems that continue, so the next update is my feadback to correct.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list