UMIDIGI X Leaked - In-screen Fingerprint Unlock?

bencebacsi Post time 2020-8-29 11:37:03 | Show all posts [Copy link]
39 8883
Author: bencebacsi

UMIDIGI X Leaked - In-screen Fingerprint Unlock?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-11-4 19:42:45 | Show all posts
Umidigi reaction today: Dear,we will push new version the problem this week. Our colleauge told you the wrong time ,so sorry for unpleasant. hope you can wait for more several days.
My reaction: We'll see if the fingerprint problem is solved this week (before 11-11).

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-11-6 17:17:35 | Show all posts
The phone is not fit for purpose:
Wifi and 4G keep disconnecting making it impossible to use for extended periods without rebooting.
Fingerprint doesn't work for security apps.
The camera suffers from terrible banding, given that the camera is one of the main selling points it's worthless.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-11-13 05:59:50 | Show all posts
Hi, I just got my phone today.  It worked fine for five minutes, and then it died and will not turn back on.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-11-13 17:37:18 | Show all posts
I have a problem with the 4G on this phone...

4G connects and works OK,but when the phone moves about, like when on a car journey, it doesn't hop between 4G bands or drop back to 3G when the signal changes. It doesn't seem to hunt for a better signal, which means the data just drops out and stops working.
Problem is you don't notice it's happened until you pick up the phone and try to do something or notice it's been quiet for too long.

If I force 3G by going: "Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile Network -> Advanced -> Preferred Network Type -> 3G" it's happy to use 3G data all day long, but setting it back to 4G exhibits the problem.

It's a European UmidigiX on firmware (EU)V1.0_20191024.V3.03 flashed to the phone using the flash tool and everything wiped to factory settings after the flash. I'm on the Giffgaff network (which uses O2 infrastructure) and have manually entered an APN for Giffgaff as it's not natively on the phone.

I'm going to experiment with the Engineer mode and set bandmode 4G bands 1,3,20 and 40 only on SIM1 (lots more are selected by default) as they're the ones used by Giffgaff (on O2) and see if that helps.

Thanks.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-11-13 17:51:05 | Show all posts
Modifying the bandmode didn't work at all and in fact stopped all data! So the problem persists.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-1-22 16:17:03 | Show all posts
Edited by richardchoi at 2020-1-24 00:01  

A new OTA update today which claimed to fix the in App fingerprint scanner. I was so excited!!! But it does not fix the problem. Priority Pass application does not show the fingerprint scanner. Most frustratingly, American EXpress App shows the scanner now BUT it does not recognise any of the 3 fingerprints I have saved to the phone. Umidigi need to keep working on this. I will repeat my last comment on the subject, if the scanner does not work with the Apps, then it can be deemed Not fit for use and a full refund should be provided! But I really like the phone, apart from this stupid fault and this is my 4th Umidigi phone. Please fix this Umidigi!!

As an update, I did manage to get the American Express App to work. The in screen scanner appears and works. But the Priority Pass App, does not seem to activate the scanner. :-(

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-2-4 18:25:50 | Show all posts
MY UMIDIGI X WAS DIED AFTER 1 MONTH. TOTAL BLACK SCREEN. IT IS 1 MONTH I AM ASKING TO SOLVE. NO SUPPORT, NO WARRANTY, NO REPAIR. THAT'S INCREDIBLE. IS IT A JOKE?!?!?!?!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-29 06:43:13 | Show all posts
Where do I learn to use the Camera for this phone?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-7-17 15:22:21 | Show all posts
When I updated the new software in my mobile phone, fingerprints have disappeared from my mobile, please help me

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-8-29 11:37:03 | Show all posts
is the product good enough to take high quality images of basketball?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list