UMIDIGI X Leaked - In-screen Fingerprint Unlock?

bencebacsi Post time 2019-10-10 15:32:01 | Show all posts [Copy link]
39 11916
Author: bencebacsi

UMIDIGI X Leaked - In-screen Fingerprint Unlock?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 2019-8-7 10:57:47 | Show all posts
tetrys replied at 2019-7-7 13:00
The fingerprint scanner under the screen is a dubious and unreliable feature , classic scanner bette ...

Your opinion is respected, other people may have different opinions. Otherwise, first I'd try out that in-screen fingerprint scanner before judging it without real experience.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-11 11:06:30 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2019-8-7 10:57
Your opinion is respected, other people may have different opinions. Otherwise, first I'd try out  ...

I saw live how this scanner works on the Samsung , thank you better not.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-12 18:17:53 | Show all posts
tetrys replied at 2019-8-11 11:06
I saw live how this scanner works on the Samsung , thank you better not.

I think it's a bit unfair to compare Samsung's FP solution with something you've never seen.
I agree that Umidigi has had a history of problematic software solutions, but lately they've definitely improved in this department. No need for such negativity.

However, what Umidigi is still unaware of is the need for transparency and better communication.
They would never reply to a question on Twitter, they rarely reply to queries on FB, and they no longer have a dedicated email address for general queries. When they had one, no one ever replied.

As for transparency, my biggest issue with Umidigi is their keeping quiet on Android version updates.
Just imagine if Umidigi released a roadmap for Android Q updates. Their sales for the included models would increase exponentially. To be honest, I don't think they have a very good marketing team.

Also, their policy on releasing a model for sale without releasing a single hands-on video or a full review is also something they should change. People don't like buying a cat in a bag.

But as I said earlier, their global aspirations and constant improvement is what we should be thankful for, and should at least wait to personally see and test a device before bashing it.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-13 00:34:02 | Show all posts
nucleone replied at 2019-8-12 18:17
I think it's a bit unfair to compare Samsung's FP solution with something you've never seen.
I ag ...

Samsung is a leader in the production of Super AMOLED screens.
Do you think UMIDIGI will run a scanner under the screen ? All the more screen was set up HD+ 1548 x 720 and just AMOLED.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-13 15:46:39 | Show all posts
tetrys replied at 2019-8-13 00:34
Samsung is a leader in the production of Super AMOLED screens.
Do you think UMIDIGI will run a sc ...

Yes, the screen resolution should have been better, I agree. Or they should have designed a smaller screen, 6 inches or 6.2 maximum.
But as I said, let's just wait and see if they've done a good job with this or not. There's no use bashing the product before anyone has actually seen how it performs.
I just hope they price it reasonably, as they have some big fish to compete against in this segment.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-8-19 16:00:15 | Show all posts
It sure does has  cool features and the fingerprint acces is really good

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-19 20:17:31 | Show all posts
Edited by nucleone at 2019-8-19 20:19  

@bencebacsi
So, can you share whether the Umidigi X has a Lift to Wake function that allows it to light up the screen as soon as you pick it up?
I'm asking this as in this hands-on video below the user had to press the Power button to wake the screeen and then press on the display to unclok it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ6GyYEWDOk

Btw, the fingerprint scanner seems to be very fast and accurate. Great!
 Author| Post time 2019-8-22 04:55:35 | Show all posts
nucleone replied at 2019-8-19 20:17
Edited by nucleone at 2019-8-19 20:19  

@bencebacsi

I can't yet tell you but there will be an always-on display option that makes the fingerprint scanner area always visible and accessible when the screen is turned off. This feature will probably not yet available in the first software version.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-22 15:37:13 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2019-8-22 04:55
I can't yet tell you but there will be an always-on display option that makes the fingerprint scan ...

Thank you.
I asked this because if the power button needs to be pressed each time before unlocking the phone, the button will wear off and break quite soon, probably in less than a year.

Always-on-display is a great feature, thanks for that, but it usually has 2 modes of operation:
* It shows only when a new notification arrives,
* It shows all the time.

If we need to keep it on all the time just to be able to unlock the phone without pressing the power button, it will literally eat the battery.

Another possibility is to have the fingerprint scanner area always visible (regardless of the always-on-display), but in this case it would have to move a bit around, to avoid display burn-in.

Of course, it's also possible to have the fingerprint scanner area always on without the fingerprint icon, as people would soon get used to the exact point where to press their finger.

Please use your power and authority as the main Admin to influence this decision.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-10-10 15:32:01 | Show all posts
Edited by woelfchen at 2019-10-10 22:12  

I just got my Umidigi X.
The in-screen fingerprint scanner works great for unlocking the phone. But is does not work in the apps. I tried several apps that I know and have used on my previous phone that allow in-app fingerprint scanning. Regardless of what app, none of them worked with the in-screen fingerprint authorization of Umidigi X. The inscreen area was never marked and did not work at all.
Please correct this as soon as possible, because this is a crucial feature.
1234Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list