69 6047
Author: s7yler

UMIDIGI F1 | In-Depth Review | Everything you need to know about the F1

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-1 06:25:58 | Show all posts
I have an F1 Play model, which is basically the same of F1.

I can not change the ring tone for the Alarm clock.

Does anyone has this problem too?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-2 09:16:06 | Show all posts
Edited by libertysky at 2019-5-2 09:26  

There definitely is a low call volume bug. Speaker mode and Media volumes are both fine so this is clearly a software issue.

From the thread, this has been ongoing for awhile. Why has this not been fixed yet?

I'm not going to accept needing to root or use "engineering mode" to tweak system settings. This should be done by default. I bought a brand new F1 from Umidigi direct and expect it to work out of the box.
The camera vertically stretches out images, stock software has a bluish tint on the rear camera, incorrect contrast in general. I found a working google cam port and also tested opencam. These 3rd party apps made the camera usable but the call volume issue is a deal breaker unless it can be fixed quickly.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-3 02:27:01 | Show all posts
danmomo replied at 2019-2-22 08:15
Hello, the UMIDIGI F1 is my fourth phone from UMIDIGI. I have been loyal to the UMIDIGI brand for nu ...

Just got my F1 and I have exactly the same "calls with low volume" problem. It only affects the earpiece, if the call is handsfree or using a bluetooth headset there is no problem at all.

I tried to modify some of the volume setting in Dev Mode, but i can't really notice any improvement.

Anyone at Umidigi is aware of this? What is the solution?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-3 08:37:40 | Show all posts
eugyxx replied at 2019-5-3 02:27
Just got my F1 and I have exactly the same "calls with low volume" problem. It only affects the ea ...

Are you referring to the use of the jack stick or the speaker in the phone itself when held up against your ear?

I only have USB headphones and those work perfectly well, no problems with sound.

As for normal calls I don´t have any problems either, the only thing I can´t try is the jack.

I posted my settings but I assume you all have done that as well.

volume.png

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-3 09:03:31 | Show all posts
I have call volume turned up to max. When you adjust the settings, all the other sounds are super loud. Only call volume comes out really quiet.
= Software bug

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-3 12:20:20 | Show all posts
So I posted earlier about getting the "no sound from top speaker" problem fixed...Well that was only temporary, it's again doing it, and I don't know what is causing it. It MUST be software, as game audio and speakerphone work fine, and the top speaker was working (though quietly...) but now it's flat out not working. This is twice it was working and now it's not (once out of box, once after the 'fix') so if anyone has any ideas, that'd be great! At this point I'm ready to root it, change the ROM, the OS, whatever, I can't afford to have it not work for phone calls.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-3 19:05:53 | Show all posts
In general the sound volume is fine (for multimedia, games, youtube, netflix, etc et)... but the phone calls answered using the phone and no headset (bluetooth or cable) are really really low volumen. In a quiet office environment it's usable, but outdoors is nearly impossible to hear the other person. I tried configuring different options in the MTK engineering mode and still no luck, the call volume is very low.

Again, using a bluetooth headset the volume is fine. But that's not the point. The point is we have a phone that can't be used to make phone calls by itself as it's nearly impossible to hear the other person talking.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-3 19:30:49 | Show all posts
It´s really hard to imagine why things are bad, I tried to mess with some settings and couldn´t get the call volume to be low. That said, it´s not loud at my end and I do have to keep it near the ear but it goes through just fine, I am used to doing that anyway.

The only possible solution I can think of is to do a reset but that´s kinda of crappy if you already invested too much time on setting up your phone.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-3 20:11:38 | Show all posts
Resetting the phone is an option, of course, and still not so many things configured, so might give it a try, but really doesn't make a lot of sense, and the fact that some others are having  the same issue make me think about something much more complex than just a specific software or config problem.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-4 02:31:03 | Show all posts
I've factory reset the phone already and can confirm it neither fixed my low call volume or my top speaker's issue. It's just so broken on the software end.
12345678Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list