69 6048
Author: s7yler

UMIDIGI F1 | In-Depth Review | Everything you need to know about the F1

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-3-7 12:49:07 | Show all posts
I received my phone a week ago. In general, the Umidigi F1 is responsive and fast. I'm happy with the F1, but the screen and the camera. The camera is a little below the average for his price range, I hope that this can be fixed by software. The screen is dim and the backlight is not uniform, there is a luminous smudge at the lower border near to the back soft button. I uploaded some pictures to show it, but in the images is not as notorious as in live view. I really was waiting for a better screen. Also, I have the problem with the low volume on calls.
IMG_20190303_231602954.jpg

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-3-10 16:55:04 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I have big problem with 4G and I can not use it. When I select it,allways call stop. I see my connection goes from 4G to G and then stop. With 3G is all perfect. My carrier is TIM (Italy) and I Have the right protocol in APN (IPV4) because someone said this resolve the probem

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-3-13 01:51:01 | Show all posts
Hello all,

I'm sorry to pollute the topic with my issues but I can't create a new post.

I have a couple of issues and questions for Umidigi (and also for the community).

1. Camera
Some say pictures are blueish, I say they are reddish
I did a couple of tests and got too much red in the photo and I suddenly discovered that the camera could produce a DNG file on top of the JPG file. I was surprise to see that the picture in DNG was MUCH better, it's like no treatment is applied. If that's the case, the camera sensor is probably better than it looks like but it's all wasted with the wrong processing today.

Umidigi: are you conscious of this? If yes, would it be possible to avoid any treatment and allow the user to apply his preference?

All: has the camera electronic stabilization ?

2. Network support
The phone is promoted with a whole lot of frequencies which is good. One of them was particularly interesting for me, it's the B28. It's a frequency used in France by Free but the feedback that I get from my visitors on my blog is that it doesn't work at all.

Umidigi: what is is your vision on this?

Thanks

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-3-20 04:51:38 | Show all posts
error45 replied at 2019-3-2 02:03
Hi.   I just received an OTA update, and one of my earlier problems (proximity sensor not working) ...

For everyone's benefit:    The notifications issue was indeed solved by turning Duraspeed off.
Once Duraspeed is turned off, all notifications are actually appearing on screen when they should.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-3-22 22:20:51 | Show all posts
helle everybody , I have a new F1 since one week and i have an issue :

-- volume of calling is really low and I can not hear other person If I make  a phone call in a noisy place . I try to increase volume to the max but it is still too low  .

otherwise volume of the multimedia contents is really high and good .
How I can increase the volume of phone part ?
thanks in advance for help

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-4-4 19:06:33 | Show all posts
There is a focus driver issue with the camera lens module, which has the effect, that the aggressive postprocessing tries to compensate the lack of sharpness with sharpening.
If the focus is correct,(only in the ROM 1.3.2019 with touch focus) s. sample below, there ist an a strong noisereduction, which filters the fine details and the contrast is much too strong.
There is also sample with the mi 8 Lite, which shows the issues in postprocessing.

The raw pictures are ok. Is there a developer who can adjust the parameter in the libcameracustom.so vendor-lib an reduce the smudge ?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-4-4 19:14:56 | Show all posts
Edited by masche at 2019-4-4 19:18  

There is a focus driver issue with the camera lens module, which has the effect, that the aggressive postprocessing tries to compensate the lack of sharpness with sharpening.
If the focus is correct,(only in the ROM 1.3.2019 with touch focus) s. sample below, there ist an a strong noisereduction, which filters the fine details and the contrast is much too strong.
There is also sample with the mi 8 Lite, which shows the issues in postprocessing.

The raw pictures are ok. Is there a developer who can adjust the parameter in the libcameracustom.so vendor-lib an reduce the smudge ?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-4-5 22:10:12 | Show all posts
For what I can think this phone will never got more ota..

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-4-10 23:07:20 | Show all posts
I want to know is whether the improvement of the camera software, and easy and bystro enable and disable NFC

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-4-11 13:16:07 | Show all posts
IceStorm replied at 2019-4-10 23:07
I want to know is whether the improvement of the camera software, and easy and bystro enable and dis ...

Hello,
did you try to use third party camera? As Pixrl or Photo Studio?
Sometime you can solve just using these kind of app.
12345678Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list