Author: Rado

UMIDIGI S3 Pro

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-7 22:02:52 | Show all posts
Hello Ben,

I received S3 Pro few days ago. Really nice phone. I tried it on RedPocket/AT&T network. It worked fine for phone calls, but it did not work for data network. I saw the 4G sign and the updown error flashing at the beginning. However, the phone could not connect to the data network. I checked APN and bands, it should work, but it did not, any idea how to debug this?

Thanks

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-8 08:26:53 | Show all posts
benjikoh replied at 2019-5-7 09:42
Hi,

The Umidigi team isnt responsive, apparently, I have received a spoilt phone.

I know...I've been trying to establish real contact outside of the Indigogo page for days now, but no luck through any channel I can find...not even through the email address they provided on the Indiegogo page for me to contact.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-8 08:29:34 | Show all posts
Jim1chen replied at 2019-5-7 22:02
Hello Ben,

I received S3 Pro few days ago. Really nice phone. I tried it on RedPocket/AT&T network. ...

did you try another sim card with different carrier? if another sim card (different carrier) works, it must be the sim card  problem.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-8 08:36:47 | Show all posts
Zaxxon replied at 2019-5-8 08:26
I know...I've been trying to establish real contact outside of the Indigogo page for days now, but ...

Sorry for your bad situation....It is the main problem to buy something from "small company", you bought the product via internet, not from a physical store, but actually you cannot contact them if you have any problems, (you have nothing to do if they never reply you, you won't take your phone to China!), So, this is my first time (and , for sure , the last time)  to buy expensive stuff via internet, especially something from cloud funding. There is no guarantee the product will work well.   I have learnt a lesson form UMIDIGI.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-5-8 17:43:57 | Show all posts
I received my S3 Pro 2 days ago, Did the OTA update and factory reset and then transfered everything from my Z2 Pro, to my surprise everything worked smoothly no problems whatsoever, phone has great coverage both VoLte & VoWifi work perfectly without having to fiddle with the settings, Wifi 5 & 2.4 also have great signal coverage and it stays connected to the 5ghz wifi when available.
The camera does very nice photos, as long as there is good light, in poor or bad light conditions the photos are grainy and with lots of noise.
I miss the scene selection (auto, portrait, etc..) in the main photo settings, it's only available when you choose stereo photo.
Also it would have been nice to have raw photo without having to use external apk.
Video also has good quality and pretty stable, nice antishake system, but also the lighting problem as the photo.

Battery is great, I fully charged after receiving and after 2 days of intensive work it's still 23% by intensive work i mean
About 40 minutes of calls per day over VoLte (3cx apk)
About 20 minutes of calls per day over Whatsapp
About 70 minutes per day of Video playing (kodi or youtube) over Lte while driving my daughter to and from kindergarden
About 15 minutes of Google nav
NFC use for bankpay
NFC use for door access control at work (about 50 or 60 times)
25 photos taken
3 about 2-5 minutes each

Let's see how it works over time

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-8 20:32:08 | Show all posts
Thanks Ben

Yes, I tried different sim, and different phone. The sim works on other phone, but not the S3 Pro. Differetn SIMs worked on other phones but not S3 Pro. Either the phone does not work with ATT or some setting issue, which I believe it is the setting issue, because I saw the 4G network flashing at the beginning.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-9 07:37:27 | Show all posts
I figured out, it is in network manager, which turned chrome off. Suggest to put network manager at an obvious place. As a matter of fact, I forgot how to open that already. But that's Google's fault.
Otherwise great phone. Don't know if there is a camera app that can bring the best out of the sensors

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-9 08:17:15 | Show all posts
Jim1chen replied at 2019-5-9 07:37
I figured out, it is in network manager, which turned chrome off. Suggest to put network manager at  ...

to open network manager , go to setting >smart assistant> network manager.

I suggest turn on all apps for both mobile and WLAN to avoid trouble.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-9 11:40:24 | Show all posts
The instant editing tool for Android 9 screenshot IS NOT installed in this phone! you need to install by your self. Description and download link here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com ... id-p-arm64-t3760345
Remember to download this apk shown below, (the first one in the link doesn’t work)
com.google.android.markup_DP3.apk

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-12 09:56:58 | Show all posts
FT907 replied at 2019-5-9 11:40
The instant editing tool for Android 9 screenshot IS NOT installed in this phone! you need to instal ...

Thanks a lot! This really is what I need and miss so much. I installed DP3.apk and it works. Only minor problem is no way to make it default as editing tool, I have to choose every time when editing the screenshot. But still this is a great tool, especially for croping the screenshots.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list