View: 1571|Reply: 2

IRON micro SD holder broken

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-13 05:34:37 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi every one
today when I extracted the UMI IRON SIM card and T-Flash tray from the mobile phone,
few golden tiny pieces came out. Now when I insert the flash memory and sim card, only the sim card is detected.
No more flash memory detected, it's broken.
Do you have the model or reference of the replacement part.
I need the reference of the Whole dual nano SIM & micro SD card holder soldered on the logic board.
I attached a picture of the logic board and the SIM card holder, I red squared it.
Any help is welcome cause I cannot afford in sending back the UMI IRON in warranty.
I need my phone everyday.
btw I'm In Paris France and can purchase online any replacement part from Aliexpress.
Let me know any real advise.
Thanks!!!
See U.

Broken T flash golden contacts in the center squared ared

Broken T flash golden contacts in the center squared ared

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-3-20 18:31:39 | Show all posts
Same problem.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-5-10 03:19:26 | Show all posts
Hi there

A quick feedback on my issue.
I didn't get any help from Umi community, but I found a tough way to solve my issue.
My broken SD contacts inside the phone holder prevented me to use the SD card, so I used the second sim card and got used to have 2 sim cards, one personal and the other for company/office.
So What if I have both, 2 sim cards and a SD card by hacking the phone's holder?
I did it , it took me 3 hours but its a success. I was able to connect a SD card 32 gig and tape it inside the UMI IRON so it is straightly connected to the SD card internal bus leaving the space for the 2nd sim card inside the tray.
In those pictures, it can be seen the whole process I used on the logic board.
First I unsolder the top metal case of the SIM holder, it is not easy but doable.
There, I clearly discovered that all the 8 small pins of the SD terminal were all broken.
Second I solder 8 tiny copper wires (insulated) with a diameter of 100 µm and 5 cm long.
The difficult part was to slide them under the back side of the SIM card Holder to reach each of the broken termination.
Third, those 8 wires were soldered to their corresponding location on the 32gig SD card.
Then I taped the whole connection on the memory card.
Finally I soldered the top casing of the sim card holder and mount back the UMI IRON phone.
Everything works well. The phone is able to detect and use the extension memory card and able to use 2 sim cards.
The only thing odd is that when the sim cards tray is open, the phone assume the memory card has been removed and unmounted it.  This is due to the architecture, a single hardware detector switch is used for both sims and SD card. But is is not a big deal.
Pictures are here under.
Enjoy.

picture of the logic board of UMI IRON

picture of the logic board of UMI IRON

Opening of the SIM Holder

Opening of the SIM Holder

Soldering the tiny copper wires

Soldering the tiny copper wires

Locating the memory SD card

Locating the memory SD card

Memory card soldered to the SD card bus

Memory card soldered to the SD card bus

Cleaning and closing the Sim card holder with the memory card taped inside the UMI IRON

Cleaning and closing the Sim card holder with the memory card taped inside the UMI IRON
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list