Author: bencebacsi

Root your UMIDIGI with Magisk Manager

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-23 09:00:47 | Show all posts
so those with the A5_Pro: this does not work.. boot loop after flashing the patched boot.img... probably not going to fiddle with this one. cheers

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-23 09:19:05 | Show all posts
tutaqq replied at 2019-7-18 22:36
OK looks like I had an older version of adb and fastboot, after updating to latest managed to unlo ...

which version of TWRP are you using? i can get the boot loader unlocked - the 'fastboot oem unlock' command doesn't seem to work but 'fastboot flashing unlock' does allow me to unlock the boot loader. anyway - after i flash recovery.img through fastboot, i do a manual reboot and get into recovery, but when it boots into TWRP i get a black screen with a green line across the top of the phone (left to right), then it reboots and then reverts the recovery back to stock... i tried the Magisk boot patch method on the forum post - step for step but that fails as well. after i flash the boot.img through the SP tool, i get a boot loop - loads the first boot image and then reboots. i'm on just a straight up flashed 1.4 firmware for the A5 Pro - after trying the other methods of root, i gave up and went back to complete stock. cheers!
 Author| Post time 2019-8-24 12:15:13 | Show all posts
plumpkibbles replied at 2019-8-23 09:00
so those with the A5_Pro: this does not work.. boot loop after flashing the patched boot.img... prob ...

Just checked it right now and to get root access with Magisk and patched boot image works without any issue on the A5 Pro. You probably messed up something, didn't strictly follow the instructions or didn't use the matching (same version that you have installed on your phone) boot.img file. I don't recommend to flash any partition with fastboot commands, use the flash tool. You just should do it as this tutorial guides you, not on your own way. If you've already messed up your system with fastboot or twrp flashing, first flash the whole ROM with SPFT.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-8-27 00:52:26 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2019-8-24 12:15
Just checked it right now and to get root access with Magisk and patched boot image works without  ...

i'm not going to debate on who did anything wrong - i have been rooting Android since 2.3.

your directions were followed and all software versions were correct from the tutorial. i'll be trying this again in the future - but are there any updates on when a possible V1.5 ROM will be available for the A5_Pro?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-9-3 22:24:31 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2019-8-24 12:15
Just checked it right now and to get root access with Magisk and patched boot image works without  ...

PTM changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded. Please select "Formet All + Download" scene and try again
This is the message that sp flash tool returns to me after trying to Patch Boot Image File with Magisk Manager to get root access
has anyone had trouble installing the twrp or Flash Patch Boot Image File ?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-1-14 03:33:28 | Show all posts
(I'm _cab13_, now known as defvs)
Full Umidigi F2 guide for bootloader unlock, Magisk install, unofficial half-working TWRP : https://forum.xda-developers.com ... umidigi-f2-t4030407

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-1-17 03:36:45 | Show all posts
Edited by plumpkibbles at 2020-1-17 03:42  
oneyasona replied at 2019-9-3 22:24
PTM changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded. Please select "Formet All + Download" scene and tr ...

ya, scroll up.. i have a detailed insight of what's happening - right before Ben says i'm doing something "wrong". i gave up - this is a crap chute for this device. and btw do NOT format - you'll lose your finger print scanner and serial number, and will have to pay and wait for the Developers to create a new Google Authentication Key - roughly $15.00USD. in short - just do what i did; i picked up an A3X with Android 10. unless you're trying to do something like overclocking; root on android 8.1 and up isn't really needed anymore. and if you're doing something questionable like hacking with a rooted device - well i can't help you.. the device has had documented issue after issue that UMI is chasing; camera, battery, display, WiFi.. i've just decided to move on lol the device works just fine with the 1.6 update - just update to the newest flash version via SP Flashtool and set it aside, or give it to a relative to use who isn't going to be worried with trying to get root working. btw last documented version of root working with the A5 Pro despite what anyone debates - is 1.3. if you want root, downgrade to the 1.4 flash, then root that way - and never do the wireless update again.. it's all up to you my friend. as an electronics engineer - my advice would be to just move on. you'll find bigger and better things to do with another device you never thought you'd even use. my main reason is that UMI seems to be dropping support for this device soon-ish as the UMI-X and the Power 3, F2, A3x, A3s, and other devices have been released. don't get me wrong - Umidigi wakes me up with the UWAKE, i can keep track of my horrible fitness activities with my UWATCH 2, and i'm about to receive my 4th device from Umidigi to review, test, play with, and put through my every-day life tests (normal usage). i'd drop some review videos if they gave me commission lol time is money friends.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-2-1 05:52:02 | Show all posts
Gabrial replied at 2019-10-22 18:57
Edited by Gabrial at 2019-10-24 10:46  

I would like to know if we can update the last ota without ...

I would steer away from that.. ROM updates + old ROM root = brick / boot issues. my advice would be to save what you got, backup any data you need to backup - then use the SP Flash tool to flash to the most current ROM - then depending if you actually need root - get root access back. PS - Android 10 has Gaming modes so you don't need to overclock! (found in my A3X device)

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-5-24 01:32:12 | Show all posts
Can these flash tools be found or built for linux I have a umidigi a3x and would like to root it using arch linux. or can this be accomplished by a semi versed command line user in linux natively?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list