UMIDIGI Z2 V1.0_20180829 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]
Post time 2018-9-1 06:08:25 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool + OTA release of the
V1.0_20180829 system software
for UMIDIGI Z2 Original version
Z2_compare.jpg
Click on the picture for an enlarged view

Flash tool operation is recommended to experienced users only. If you are not yet an experienced flash tool user, please carefully read the flash tool tutorial before proceeding, and strictly follow each instruction.

Except if an authorized or responsible expert directly asked you to do that,
never format the flash chip of your device or you instantly lose your warranty!

UMIDIGI Z2 receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again. Moreover, flashing with SPFT is the only option to repair (replace) damaged system software.

Changelog:
  • Random reboot issue fixed
  • Camera can't connect bug fixed
  • New camera UI
  • Other minor bug fixes
  • No EngineerMode - removed by Google's request, might not be available anymore. You can get the MTK Log and YGPS apps with *#*#07206633#*#*

Reported and confirmed bugs:
  • Search box in the Settings menu crashes - The next update will fix it

The system will show UMIDIGI_Z2_V1.0_20180622 as Build number after this update but the real version is V1.0_20180829.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

Flashtool tutorial: http://bit.ly/SPFTguide

Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6763_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it (if your computer is connected to the internet) or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMIDIGI Z2 if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMIDIGI Z2 to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTA (recovery) update
Manual (local) OTA update method instructions
  • Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal memory of your phone
  • Go to Settings --> System --> About phone --> Wireless update
  • Tap the 3-dot menu button in the top right corner and select Local Updates
  • Brows for the ...update.zip file and select it
  • Select INSTALL NOW, then OK in the Warning window. Your phone reboots into recovery, the update gets installed, then your phone boots into Android. Your updated system is ready to use.

Update file for manual OTA update: >>>>> UMIDIGI_Z2_V1.0_20180622_20180829-1744_update.zip <<<<<
It can update version 20180622_20180726 only

Optional method (in case if the manual OTA update gets stuck): Install from recovery
You need a microSD card (with at least 4GB capacity) installed in your phone!
  • Copy the ...update.zip file to your SD card.
  • Press and hold the volume-up and power buttons together until your phone restarts (the boot screen is displayed), then immeduately release the power button and keep only the vol-up button pressed until your phone boots into recovery. It needs about 10 seconds or a little bit less if your phone was already powered off.
  • Here you can see a lying android figure with an exclamation mark in red triangle on its tummy and 'No command'.
  • Press and hold the power and vol-up buttons (in this order) together, then release them to call the recovery menu. Now you can move with the volume buttons and select an item with the power button.
  • Move to ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select it.
  • On the next screen brows for the update file and select it. The updating process will start and needs a few minutes to be finished.
  • After a succcessful installation you can read the ''Install from sdcard complete'' message and the receovery menu is available again.
  • Select 'Reboot system now'. Alternatively you can perform a factory data reset here by choosing 'Wipe data/factory reset'

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode. In rare cases a FOTA update can cause more or less serious malfunctions but that means only the update process went wrong, not a badly developed ROM. An updated stock ROM, especially related to the basic functions will not cause any new issues but will solve some of the existing ones.
Flash tool operation is recommended to experienced users only. Do not use it if you cannot understand the whole process!

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-9-4 03:25:23 | Show all posts
tysontaps replied at 2018-9-4 00:41
Edited by tysontaps at 2018-9-4 00:45 \n\n
Hello you can send me the apk please, do not get it with ...

extract the folder from zip file and place it to system/app folder.. dont forget to set the appropriate permissions to folder subfolders and all files included (check the others apps permissions and do it accordingly).
then reboot.. first reboot maybe see a message that enginnermode stop working but ignore it...

EnginnerMode

Comments

Yes Thanks  Post time 2018-9-5 19:00
thanks for the file, but how do i get the file in system / app folder - do not find it and how do i grant permissions ??? in linux and enigma 2, I just can not just on the phone. Do I have a specia...  Post time 2018-9-4 17:14
Thanks Thanks  Post time 2018-9-4 17:03

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-10-10 17:38:30 | Show all posts
I agree that we can not expect high end device in this price range but still they need to make the firmware so that the device does function as expected and advertised!
Umi seems to allocate all development staff and pushing out new hardware and flagships as soon as possible and this means a lot off unhappy customers will line up.
A very shortsighted business model !

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-10-4 20:09:22 | Show all posts
unfortunatelly i was wrong... out of focus bug still exists and very poor quality pictures

threads

credits

Non- Vertification

credits
Post time 2018-9-22 01:34:23 | Show all posts
enzo_ro replied at 2018-9-20 03:23
Hi MJPP,
I can't belive it!
This means incompetence!

Hi MJPP,
of course I didn't spoked against you but againt the "nice job" of the guys of UMIDIGI.
May be that my post was just a bit garbled but I was and I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-22 21:16:06 | Show all posts
Please, please, please fix the camera focus problem.  I really like this phone, except that I cannot take any pictures if what I'm taking a picture of is more than 4 feet away.  The camera simply will not focus on anything farther away than that!  I know that the phone is capable of focusing because as it's trying to focus the image gets nice and clear before the software decides that it is not correctly focused.

Comments

Mismo problema con La cámara....  Post time 2018-10-15 06:26

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-7 03:20:22 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
sylv1 replied at 2018-9-7 03:10
Hello Umidigi developpers, I follow your job since the Z pro: some updates and when a new flagship i ...

on this one, it was running perfectlly (except yellow borders on the screen when displaying a white color..and a poor camera app) but if you want to be really a good phone brand, you must improve your test benches before launching updates! screen rotation is KO, bluetooth issues (disconnecting connected watch) that provocates an "android auto" error (black screen). please turn back BT drivers on the first issue , don't follow all google updates when you can read they bring issues... this phone is beautifull, you did a good job.. please don't let a bad rom bringing a poor experience! and bring long term security updates! thx

threads

credits

Non- Vertification

credits
Post time 2018-9-5 11:03:08 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The updated added  power saving management under settings->smart assistant and it enabled by default. Turn off and handling of background apps will be back to normal.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-4 17:16:29 | Show all posts
STEPHTHOUVENOT replied at 2018-9-4 17:00
No issue about the search bar in settings ?

yes STEPH! search crash if i try to use...

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-4 03:39:34 | Show all posts
Super cette mise à jour
SIM PROCESSOR notification au démarrage
Erreur dans la barre de recherche des paramètres
Pas de rotation d'écran
Et je n'ai pas tout essayé... Même si le téléphone est beau, pas cher, le mieux serait qu'il fonctionne bien.

Super this update
SIM PROCESSOR notification at startup
Error in the parameter search bar
No screen rotation
And I have not tried everything ... Even if the phone is beautiful, cheap, the best would be that it works well.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-2 09:59:51 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
1st bug  if you click on search option in settings it stops working. , 2nd Bug phone started Heating nearby camera backside when charged from 5% to 100%  

threads

credits

Non- Vertification

credits
Post time 2018-9-1 09:08:34 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Update gives error when installing.  Belly up Android dude appears during install and says error.  

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-1 10:12:16 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Update error while installing

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-1 11:43:22 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
hello the next update that was detected today 8/31/2018 as the following photo:
Screenshot_20180831-215423.png

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-1 11:48:35 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
it is downloaded and at the time of restart it marks error. Restart but update is not installed
IMG_20150214_051059.jpg

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-1 14:18:11 | Show all posts
same error too.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-1 15:17:47 | Show all posts
Edited by QMaxy at 2018-9-1 15:52 \n\nIs this update still alive?
My actual FW is V1.0_20180622_20180726-1454 and appear as System Updated... no new firmware found.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-1 16:02:05 | Show all posts
Edited by STEPHTHOUVENOT at 2018-9-1 21:04 \n\nGuys, the only way to update this last version of the ROM is to flash with SP flash tools. It doesn't work in OTA.

I have flashed and it works well. After 24 hours use,  I'll give my opinion about this update.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-1 16:04:57 | Show all posts
Dear Team UMIDIGI ,

IS THIS UPDATE STILL ALIVE BECAUSE I AM UNABLE TO INSTALL BOTH OTA AND OFFLINE UPDATE also NOW MY MOBILE IS SHOWING YOUR SYSTEM IS UP TO DATE means No new update is detecting in UMIDIGI Z2 please help on  this

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-1 18:24:02 | Show all posts
same for me, error on install OTA update and SIM PROCESSOR random reboot still present
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list