UMIDIGI Z1 Pro - UMI OS

bencebacsi Post time 2018-3-2 01:39:51 | Show all posts [Copy link]
122 16584
Author: bencebacsi

UMIDIGI Z1 Pro - UMI OS

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 2018-1-22 04:35:04 | Show all posts
anubis replied at 2018-1-21 21:48
OK, I tried to flash it through the SP Flash Tool. But it makes an error. Like this on picture. An ...

You can't flash an earlier (stock Android) ROM on a UMI OS device. Not accidentally there are two separated section for original Z1 Pro and UMI OS Z1 Pro. I recommended the Basic Edition of this UMI OS ROM, that you can find here, not a pure android ROM released for older devices and provided in the UMIDIGI Z1 Pro (Original) section.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-24 01:07:35 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2018-1-22 04:35
You can't flash an earlier (stock Android) ROM on a UMI OS device. Not accidentally there are two s ...

Thank you at all. Problem solved. I had a big problem with the driver. My laptop HP, with Windows 10 64bit couldn't install the MTK Preloader VCOM DA port driver. It always showed yellow mark and error that it can't start the process. So I tried an older laptop, with original windows 10 64bit system, without the latest updates. And the process worked perfectly. I used the way with SP Flash Tool and the scatter file from downloaded ROM with UMI OS - stock from this site. And I succeded. Thank you again.
Next time, I will choose my phone carefuly because I am satisfied with the pure ANDROID, witch I can configure with apps in my way. Not a friend with modified Andoids such as MIUI or this UMI OS....  ble

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-25 18:14:45 | Show all posts
I received z1 pro with a clean Android and later I made a flash on UmiOS. Can I get back to pure Android without any problems?
 Author| Post time 2018-1-26 06:57:46 | Show all posts
nmar replied at 2018-1-25 18:14
I received z1 pro with a clean Android and later I made a flash on UmiOS. Can I get back to pure And ...

Yes, if you only flashed your phone with SPFT, not fully formatted, then flashed with QGDP.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-8 02:27:09 | Show all posts
Hello, i have a Z1 pro and google play has only worked for 2 days and now i can't download. Moreover my phone is often freezing and i have to restart it. Any solutions ? Thanks
 Author| Post time 2018-2-8 10:14:05 | Show all posts
percy8 replied at 2018-2-8 02:27
Hello, i have a Z1 pro and google play has only worked for 2 days and now i can't download. Moreover ...

Hi,
Currently I can recommend only flashing the basic edition as a solution.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-19 20:44:35 | Show all posts
If you'd still test this release but want to use a custom launcher, after rooting you can delete the system/priv-app/QK_TransferAbroad folder. Reboot your phone and the stock Android launcher will be available or you can use a third party launcher.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-23 13:48:16 | Show all posts
i want  know  why  UMIDIGI Company Forgot Z1 Pro
we want android  8 :'
 Author| Post time 2018-2-27 08:31:36 | Show all posts
Okhi replied at 2018-2-23 13:48
i want  know  why  UMIDIGI Company Forgot Z1 Pro
we want android  8 :'

Currently that's not possible to develop Android 8.x for the Z1 Pro, it's not about forgetting it.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-3-2 01:39:51 | Show all posts
Did anyone else find the Umidigi Z1 Pro (UMI OS) to have a useless antenna? I  hardly ever got a decent phone signal., which, for all the technology on board, is still a key feature of a phone. Like others, I was attracted by the Z1 Pro's slim size, light weight and advanced hardware (usual poor camera aside) packed in to this phone, but it's been a major frustration & disappointment.

Re its inability to hold a signal, it isn't my sim carrier (Plusnet who use EE - renowned good coverage all over the UK), as the sim works fine in eg my Elephone p9000 and other previous phones. I have never before had such poor phone connection. I also cannot understand why UMI used to have the great Rootjoy software, but has gone the other way with the Z series, and produced a locked down - nowhere near stock - version of Android). I found the software very clunky and despite the 6GB Ram and 64Gb rom, it offers a poor user experience. I even had to use just Facebook Lite on it as the main Facebook app worked so slowly on it. Again never had such issues on previous Chinese android phones.

For £187, I have been very disappointed in the Z1 Pro's ability to carry out basic tasks. When  the phone and/or data signal was lost, it took minutes for them to come back. User-wise the Umi Emax of 3 years aso was fine, but Umidigi have lost their way with this poor OS that they have overlaid on stock android on the Z1 Pro. One can't even root it, for the reasons bencebacsi has given. It's a shame none of the review mentioned these key drawbacks

I for one will add Umidigi to Xiaomi as phones that are too locked down and very unadaptable. Never mind about Android 8, I just wanted a phone that was an advance on the Elephone P9000, but I have gone back to that as a great customisable rootable phone. Not buying Umidigi again
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list