UMDIGI Z1 Pro UMI OS 2.0 beta V1.01_20170831

bencebacsi Post time 2018-3-9 18:47:30 | Show all posts [Copy link]
8 4011
View: 4011|Reply: 8

UMDIGI Z1 Pro UMI OS 2.0 beta V1.01_20170831

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-9-12 06:46:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Dear beta testers,
You can find the SP Flash Tool package of a working beta release of UMI OS 2.0 for UMDIGI Z1 Pro with the version number of V1.01_20170831 here. Please download and flash it, then post your feedback in this thread.
About the skills you need for flashing and the possible risks, please carefully read the information on the following page: http://community.umidigi.com/thread-5265-1-1.html

062222u2872q3v1t1p1226.png

Disclaimer
Please note, experimenting with the system software of your phone may permanently brick it driving to lose your warranty. Important! Retailers are not obligated to deal in warranty with devices ruined by overwriting the system software by the user. Once you have made your smartphone useless by bad flashing and you are not able to recover its factory state, you are not allowed to request your seller to repair or replace your device for free of charge. Furthermore, UMIDIGI is not responisible for any damages or data loss caused by flashing a beta ROM provided in the beta section of this forum. The software contents provided in the beta section are made or approved by UMi/UMDIGI but they do not make the official parts of the device that was sold by your retailer. If the hardware of your UMDIGI Z Pro smartphone gets damaged due to the bad working of an unofficial software, only reflashing the stock ROM will not reinstate the warranty status of your device.
YOU ARE WARNED!

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already can install it automatically or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Please flash this ROM in Fimrware Upgrade mode. Your user data will be lost!

Additional information:
UMI OS devices contain a special partition protection, that cannot be flashed with SP Flash Tool, and the official flasher app (QGDP) can flash only already protected devices. As a result, after flashing this ROM, the ''Not Efused'' error message will permanently appear in the top right corner of the screen. However, every feature and function works without any restrictions. Currently that's not supported to officially upgrade UMIDIGI Z1 Pro devices with stock Android to UMI OS. You can use and test this version and go back to the stock Android but a later official UMI OS upgrade is not guaranteed.

Author| Post time 2017-9-15 09:58:04 | Show all posts
digiNZM replied at 2017-9-13 03:33
Edited by digiNZM at 2017-9-15 03:32 \n\nVery pretty UI. Testing it now (ツ)
Edit: runs pretty sta ...

• Without Efuse you can unlock the bootloader in fastboot mode but first you have to enable the option in Developer options. On the other hand, you never need to unlock the bootloader of an MTK SoC based smartphone.
  • Without Efuse you can root this system with Magisk Manager. The official release (with Efuse) cannot be rooted since all partitions are write protected and can be overwritten by unmodified stock partitions only.
  • Later it might be possible to officially upgrade to UMI OS but you can never downgrade to stock Android again.
  • The developers are being forced to make the launcher change possible and to remove the Efuse protection and the adware apps. We'll see what happens.
  • The translation is a different story since there's a bunch of specific system apps with english only UI.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-9-13 03:33:11 | Show all posts
Edited by digiNZM at 2017-9-15 03:32 \n\nVery pretty UI. Testing it now (ツ)
Edit: runs pretty stable, all my apps i use work! Some small bloatware but most of it will be usefull for the average customer and can easily be frozen.

@bencebacsi:
  • will it be possible to oem unlock the bootloader yet? didn't work via fastboot and unlock enabled in settings.
  • will there ever be an option in UmiOS for a changeable launcher?
  • Will there be a "legit" UmiOS update for Z1 Pros that came with android - meaning the "not efused"-message gone?
  • There are some small translation issues (nothing big for my de_DE.utf8 - lang), surely some people here would help you translating it

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-9-15 11:38:06 | Show all posts
Thanks for clearification - i was kind of sure about that "No-Way-Back-To-stock-Android"-Thingy. This is kind of a hardware thing so glad to see this confirmed here! Increases safety a lot. Also great to hear about the changeable launcher! Think thats what's holding many people up. Good that you're already on this topic ❤
I already tried a Magisk-Rooting and as usual it works. With Efuse of course this won't be the case anymore. An issue i found here again is that the kernel (also the stock Android Kernel) has a faulty (caused by the kernel sources not by your tech!) f2fs implementation which can easily be fixed - this would enable all your Users to run a full Magisk instead of a "limited"-Environment (check loop0 bug in magisk-threads at xda).
Lastly i was not able to unlock the bootloader evern with the developer option turned on. Also the fastboot didn't respond to usual fastboot oem *** - commands at all.
Other than that its looking really promising and i think most UmiOS-Users will profit from it a lot. I really like the privacy-solutions you guys embedded. Good work & thanks again @bencebacsi (ツ)

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-9-17 07:05:54 | Show all posts
digiNZM replied at 2017-9-15 11:38
Thanks for clearification - i was kind of sure about that "No-Way-Back-To-stock-Android"-Thingy. Thi ...

Did you root your Z1 Pro?
If so could you please tell me how to on the Stock Android 7.0 as I have been waiting to for a while but can not find a way.
Thanks.

Comments

You got PMs - sorry had to split it in many ones  Post time 2017-9-17 07:33

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-1 17:38:50 | Show all posts
is possible install in on UMI Z?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-11-7 19:10:17 | Show all posts
Update pls

Use magic Report

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-3-9 18:47:30 | Show all posts
vaya tela.. no se puede cambiar de Umi a android?
Sino se puede es gran paso atras. Me obligan a venderlo.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list