bencebacsi Post time 2018-3-31 20:13:17 | Show all posts [Copy link]
29 11072
View: 11072|Reply: 29

QGDP flashing tutorial

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-8-24 10:56:29 | Show all posts |Read mode
QGDP Download Tool
Tutorial

This guide is about how to flash your UMI OS system smartphone with QGDP Download Tool.

Attention! the official method to update the system software of your phone is the wireless (OTA) update method, that you can receive automatically. It is highly recommended to use this tool only in case of emergency, if something went wrong with the wireless update (it cannot start, gets stuck etc.) or if your system is malfunctioning due to damaged or missing system contents.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this application?
Pros:
  • This is the official flasher app for UMI OS based devices
  • It's easy to use, no special settings are needed to be applied
  • It doesn't allow you to flash an incompatible firmware on your device

Cons:
  • This tool will always wipe your user data (with SP Flash Tool you can flash without the userdata partition)
  • If your phone is bricked (due to missing, damaged or incompatible preloader), this tool will not work, you can unbrick your phone with SP Flash Tool only
  • You can't select which partition(s) to be flashed, always the whole list of partitions will be flashed

What you need:
  • A compatible version of QGDP Tool, that you can download on the same page where your ROM is available.

Let's get started step by step (the driver installation process will be skipped in this tutorial)
You have to turn off your phone before starting the flashing process and keep it turned off until you finish!

1. Check whether your Windows system can properly identify and install the drivers of your phone in preloader mode.
Turn off your phone, open Windows device manager, then conect your phone to USB.
You should see a PreLoader USB VCOM port as on the picture below. (The full name of the port might be slightly different according to the driver you have installed)
1. preloader.jpg
If everything is alright, disconnect your phone from USB. If you can't see anything or an unidentified device appears, install the driver provided here, then try again.

2. Extract the .CPB file from the downloaded rar compressed ROM file.

3. Extract the downloaded QGDP tool .rar file, then run QGDP_assembly.exe.
2. app start.jpg

4. Choose the language of the program (English or Chinese), enter the password (you can find it following the QGDP tool download link on the ROM page), then click on the Login button.
3. language and password.jpg

5. Click on the Config button, brows for the CPB (ROM) file and click on Apply.
4. Config.jpg

Wait until the content of the CPB file is getting extracted, then the configuration window will close automatically.
5. Extraction.jpg

6. Click on the Scan Port button, then in the pop-up window
  • Select Scan port
  • Connect your phone to USB and wait until it gets identified
  • Click on the Save button
  • Disconnect your phone from USB
6. Scan Port.jpg

7. Click on the Start button, then connect your phone to USB.
Please do not forget, your phone still must be turned off!
The flashing process gets started and you can check the status of each partition being written one after one.
7. Flashing.jpg

8. After a successful flashing you must see the following screen with green 100% and check mark.
8. Finished.jpg
Now you can disconnect and turn on your phone, the flashing process has been finished. Your phone will reboot in factory state with all your existing user data (files, apps and settings) wiped, deleted!

9. It's a multi-flash tool, so after finishing a flashing process, it will wait for the next device to be connected. To avoid that, you must click on the Stop button as the picture shows above, then you can close the program.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comment section.

All the screenshots are captured and edited, and the guide is written by me for UMIDIGI users. Unauthorized copy of this content is prohibited. Please let me know if you find errors or missing info.
Thank you, bencebacsi
 Author| Post time 2018-5-9 11:37:42 | Show all posts
Zizzus replied at 2018-5-8 22:22
hello everyone, I'm trying to flash the rom of my S2 Pro. I followed everything step by step but the ...

Hi,
It seems to be a USB connection error if you don't have a basic edition ROM installed. Try to use a different USB cable and/or computer for flashing.
 Author| Post time 2018-1-23 10:59:13 | Show all posts
FunkyWhiteDude replied at 2018-1-22 09:32
Edited by FunkyWhiteDude at 2018-1-23 07:54 \n\nhi! i need some little help. i have windows 10 and  ...

That's unconditionally necessary to get your phone identified as mediatek preloader usb vcom. This issue is about your computer or maybe the USB cable. Try to use a different USB port, cable or maybe another computer. These are such preferences that I can't check remotely on your side.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-9-19 18:08:22 | Show all posts
?????coming soon????
 Author| Post time 2017-9-20 08:52:45 | Show all posts

I'm going to make it by this weekend.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-16 10:23:16 | Show all posts
Wow could you give us details on what it is you are releasing? I am very intrested in this as SP Tools is for Flashing ROMs soooo? Oh and thanks bencebacsi!
 Author| Post time 2017-10-16 12:31:29 | Show all posts
BayramRav3r replied at 2017-10-16 10:23
Wow could you give us details on what it is you are releasing? I am very intrested in this as SP Too ...

Now this tutorial is ready to use, so you can check the details in it.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-22 09:32:12 | Show all posts
Edited by FunkyWhiteDude at 2018-1-23 07:54 \n\nhi! i need some little help. i have windows 10 and the s2 pro, my computer would NOT show the plugged in phone as a mediatek preloader usb vcom, i downloaded and used the mediatek auto installer just to be sure. but still, after all that, when i connect the phone, it says ''unknown device''

also when i do have it connected, the programs wont start downloading at all.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-26 05:12:31 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2018-1-23 10:59
That's unconditionally necessary to get your phone identified as mediatek preloader usb vcom. This ...

yeah i think it might have to do with my computer, i used all 9 stock usb ports on my computer, and none will respond. i also tried it on a friends computer, which also has windows 10. and that also failed.

i think ill try it somehow on a computer with windows 8 or 7.

Thanks for responding though.
 Author| Post time 2018-1-26 10:16:39 | Show all posts
FunkyWhiteDude replied at 2018-1-26 05:12
yeah i think it might have to do with my computer, i used all 9 stock usb ports on my computer, an ...

Hi,
Windows 10 shouldn't be a problem - I even make the tutorials using a Windows 10 64-bit system with all the latest updates installed. If you have 32-bit Windows, that can be a problem.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-3-31 20:13:17 | Show all posts
He probado todas las Rom en mi Umidigi C Note2 y continua bloqueandose.

Alguien tiene alguna solución?

123Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list