218 42207
Author: bencebacsi

eMAX mini Unbrick Kit + TWRP recovery + Root

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-11-5 20:02:00 | Show all posts
I just returned my phone to the seller for a replacement. Mine just kept getting worse no matter what I tried. So...

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-11-6 05:56:51 | Show all posts
almi replied at 2015-11-5 20:02
I just returned my phone to the seller for a replacement. Mine just kept getting worse no matter wha ...

Yesterday I get my new phone. My idea was it to test some aps in combination with the phone, select needed/useful apps and to finish all by a factory reset to prepare a "clean install".
After the first testing it was time to start the factory reset. The result was, who guess it, a boot into a not existing bootloader/recovery mode and the display was black (after a white screen with logo of UMI).
No way back. Now, the phone is still in the "DeadBoot-Mode".

Beside, during the test I was found two Bugs
1th: The accuracy of the touch is worst - so the phone need an option to calibrate the touch digitizer – usually the function is implemented into the recovery boot menu
2th: The button for the menu will open only the overview of the running/used APPs

Into the "DeadBoot-Mode" I found the next really critical bug: The phone has get an extreme high temperature. I guess the software based temperature controlling of the processor is missing at the "DeadBoot-Mode" (Based on a test of the identical TCL phone TCL 3S M3G, which describes an overheating of the TCL phone).
-> So I think the missing bootloader can damage the phone.

I'm really angry.
Why sell UMI a phone which can killed by factory reset because the missing bootloader/recovery mode?
Why do UMI nothing to fix the Problem (the phone is on the market since a few month)?
The maximum development level of the phone is the beta status!
Maybe UMI cooperates with Elefon and try to encourage the customer to by an Elefon (Maybe this was the intension for the campaign "Smash your Elephone P8000" - so the customer get a hint at an alternative phone and/or developer)

The demand to UMI:
1.) Providing ASAP a workaround for affected phones.
2.) Provide a working bootloader/recovery by RootJoy (A working bootloader/recovery must be easy because the TCL 3S M3G, which is identical, has a working one)
3.) Provide an whole image by RootJoy

At the next time I will share my experience by rating at some distributor. It would be nice if I can add a positive feedback about the service and maybe to give an tip e.g. "update before use, than it will work really smooth an nice"

At last: Sorry for my worst English, but it isn’t my native language and I’m a little bit angry at the moment.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-11-6 06:08:21 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2015-10-30 21:56
The emergency repair kit is uploading now by UMI. Do you have another (or more) but mtk based phon ...

Where can I get the emergency repair kit?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-11-6 06:34:14 | Show all posts
Yesterday I get my new phone. Today I installed apps, set wallpapers etc and after restart it bricked !!!
Geez !!! What a piece of shit !!! In my opinion UMI IS NOT SERIOUS COMPANY !  if somebody sell not tested  phone coudn't be serious !!!
 Author| Post time 2015-11-6 08:22:25 | Show all posts
@tkins replied at 2015-11-6 06:08
Where can I get the emergency repair kit?

You can find the sources in the first post of this thread under the 'Repair Kit' title.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-11-6 11:12:42 | Show all posts
I've installed the twrp recovery but it wont let me boot to it, then I tried to go back to the stock recovery but it wont let me boot any recovery at all, anyone know how to fix that?

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2015-11-6 16:18:39 | Show all posts
Edited by fabi_92 at 2015-11-6 17:53 \n\nI think, have remained only bands USA.
@bencebacsi you ask them or tell me how to unlock the Italian Bands?

IMEI works
Basebande well
but network uknown. maybe is a baseband USA (not europe)
it's a shame .... are just one step from victory

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-11-6 18:07:13 | Show all posts
@fabi_92 : Could U describe 'step-by-step' what did U use and how set tools properly(like 6FA4-ZP0-P5002-Flashtool.EXE or QFIL - where it can be found?)

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-11-6 18:27:56 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2015-11-6 08:22
You can find the sources in the first post of this thread under the 'Repair Kit' title.

In the first poste I  only find:
  • TWRP recovery installer: UMI_eMAX_mini_TWRP_installer.rar
  • Stock ROM (OTA) version LRX22G: JSU_T500L-3ALCZP1_6FA4ZP42.zip
  • CM12.1 ROM version LVY48F: emax_mini_cm12.1_gapps_20150916.zip

• Qualcomm drivers for both x86 and x64 Windows systems: New_Qualcomm_Driver_8936_20150414.rar
  • eMAX mini Software Download Tool: 6FA4-ZP0-P5002-Flashtool.EXE

But no 'Repair Kit'
For the 'eMAX mini Software Download Tool' you wrote "This tool has its own guide in the Help section". Were can I find the Help section, especially the guide?

Thanks & Best regards
@tkins

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2015-11-6 18:55:09 | Show all posts
sebcio123 replied at 2015-11-6 18:07
@fabi_92 : Could U describe 'step-by-step' what did U use and how set tools properly(like 6FA4-ZP0-P ...

- Download emergency kit flash tool AND qualcomm drivers
- Turnoff Emax Mini and plug in (PC) and wait 5 seconds
- Vol Up + Vol Down + Power --> Warning screen -> Longpres VOL UP -> Black screen (download mode) [with my previous full brick, I could not see even the Warning screen. I tried to attempts and imagining it]
- Now, go to device manager on windows and find "Android HS-USB QDLoader 9008" (if you can not find it, look for drivers not recognize and upgrade driver with a qualcomm drivers previously downloaded. manual update, search folder and done)
- Run 6FA4-ZP0-P5002-Flashtool.EXE
- Option -> install e unistall driver -> install -> close this window
- Product models: M3M -> DOWNLOAD

Sorry for my language and for a "mini" guide xD
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list