eMAX mini Unbrick Kit + TWRP recovery + Root

bencebacsi Post time 2016-1-18 17:24:20 | Show all posts [Copy link]
218 43040
Author: bencebacsi

eMAX mini Unbrick Kit + TWRP recovery + Root

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 2015-12-12 04:33:22 | Show all posts
I'm very glad to hear that, but then I guess your phone could connect in qdloader mode, just an inappropriate driver was installed initially. Or if not, then I ask you to summarize your work. What did you do in what order and which driver did you install.
Thank you.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-12 15:32:17 | Show all posts
Edited by Gingernut at 2015-12-12 15:38 \n\nThanks

The driver that was automatically installed was the Marshall diag one, I tried different drivers from Qualcomm, TCL and others found on the net, and although they installed fine the phone was still recognised as a Marshall device, checked with usbdeview.

I couldn't get it to go into download mode (qdloader) mode or do anything else at all, tried with the debrick kit and Qualcomm software but without luck.

As a last resort I installed Xiaomi's MiPhone software which includes MiFlash which worked perfectly.

- Opened MiFlash and phone was detected.
- Went into MiFlash's advanced mode, pressing the Browse... button at the top left.
- Loaded up the files it asks for which are in the Q39 debrick .zip you posted, Flash Programmer, Boot Image, Raw XML File and Patch XML File, no need to specify the first two .bat files.
- Press OK then press Flash to start the restore process.
- It should take about 10 minutes to finish.

From there on I was able to get the phone into qdloader mode and use the debrick kit to get it back onto the original rom.

Just one question, Do the debrick/update files you posted wipe the phone's Modemst1/Modemst2 nvram partitions?

At least for me, after using them I've had to restore the two Modemst files manually or, which is exactly the same, the EFS backup made by TWRP, if not my phone can't get mobile coverage.

Cheers once again

Author| Post time 2015-12-13 04:13:31 | Show all posts
Thank you for your summary. The TCL Q39 firmware wipes everything making your emax mini permanently useless if you haven't made a twrp backup. That was the reason to remove it from here.
I've got an emax mini in similar state like your one was and MiFlash was one of the first tools I tried but that's unable to detect this phone, regardless of the installed driver.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-13 06:56:16 | Show all posts
Is your phone recognised at all?

If you connect it by USB to your PC and hold down the power button for about a minute it should finally be detected.

If the driver is not automatically installed by Windows it can be installed by the driver installer that comes in the Unbrick Kit.

Author| Post time 2015-12-13 12:01:44 | Show all posts
Thank you but if that were be so simple, I could figure out the solution.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-14 02:57:39 | Show all posts

Thanks

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-17 03:32:07 | Show all posts
Hi
The Flashtool don´t work.i open the exe and agree the install. but then...nothing....
What can i do!?
 Author| Post time 2015-12-17 06:41:30 | Show all posts
dersunny01 replied at 2015-12-17 03:32
Hi
The Flashtool don´t work.i open the exe and agree the install. but then...nothing....
What can i ...

This flasher was tested on many machines, many times and it works properly. So, you should discover the problem on your own computer. Your antivir or firewall app might interrupt the installation process but I have no idea if you don't provide details about your operating system and the error message(es) that you get.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-1-18 17:13:16 | Show all posts
fabi_92 replied at 2015-11-2 23:52
well, I'm ruined.
I wanted to try again to return to the emergency kit stock.
Now, is dead. the butt ...

Same here.
I have a bricked phone.
Only the led is working when I connect the phone to pc via USB.

The interesting thing is that in device manager the phone is recognized as "qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008".

But neverless I cannot use the unbrick software...nor qpst.

Any sugestions?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-1-18 17:24:20 | Show all posts
Gingernut replied at 2015-12-11 23:10
Just to let Bencebacsi and the rest of you know that I was able to unbrick my Emax Mini using Xiaomi ...

Hey,

I have the same issue with my phone.
The only thing that really works is the led that lights up when I plug the phone to USB.

Could you explain the steps to unbrick my phone too?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list