Search
Author: bencebacsi

[UMi eMax mini] eMAX mini Unbrick Kit + TWRP recovery + Root

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-4 20:38:59 | Show all posts
Does Cm12.1 got the feature of dual sim??

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-4 23:20:27 | Show all posts
lnx09 replied at 2015-12-4 20:38
Does Cm12.1 got the feature of dual sim??

It probably has dual SIM support but it dosen't boot at all so we can't try it.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-7 03:15:58 | Show all posts
and what about init.d supporting ? Core rom does not support this feature. With which software can we rebuild boot.img ?
And how to fix high ring volume  ? -on lowest set still very loud..
Another bug-right hardware button is set not to display menu but to display last used programs and middle hardware button with long pushing not functioning.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-7 22:21:09 | Show all posts
@gingernut
thx!  it seems that it is better to wait for umi rom than to cm12.1 ?
guess umi wont be able to give a clean/bugfixed rom before xmas 2015 ??

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-11 23:10:01 | Show all posts
Just to let Bencebacsi and the rest of you know that I was able to unbrick my Emax Mini using Xiaomi's MiFlash tool and the Q39 Qfil rom posted at the beginning of this thread, worked like a dream.

My phone wouldn't power on at all, just the led light up,  and when connected by usb to my computer it was detected as Marshall London HS-USB Diagnostics 9006.

After alot of investigating and trial and error I've just unbricked it and it's booting up as we speak.

Thanks for all your help
 Author| Post time 2015-12-12 04:33:22 | Show all posts
I'm very glad to hear that, but then I guess your phone could connect in qdloader mode, just an inappropriate driver was installed initially. Or if not, then I ask you to summarize your work. What did you do in what order and which driver did you install.
Thank you.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-12 15:32:17 | Show all posts
Edited by Gingernut at 2015-12-12 15:38 \n\nThanks

The driver that was automatically installed was the Marshall diag one, I tried different drivers from Qualcomm, TCL and others found on the net, and although they installed fine the phone was still recognised as a Marshall device, checked with usbdeview.

I couldn't get it to go into download mode (qdloader) mode or do anything else at all, tried with the debrick kit and Qualcomm software but without luck.

As a last resort I installed Xiaomi's MiPhone software which includes MiFlash which worked perfectly.

- Opened MiFlash and phone was detected.
- Went into MiFlash's advanced mode, pressing the Browse... button at the top left.
- Loaded up the files it asks for which are in the Q39 debrick .zip you posted, Flash Programmer, Boot Image, Raw XML File and Patch XML File, no need to specify the first two .bat files.
- Press OK then press Flash to start the restore process.
- It should take about 10 minutes to finish.

From there on I was able to get the phone into qdloader mode and use the debrick kit to get it back onto the original rom.

Just one question, Do the debrick/update files you posted wipe the phone's Modemst1/Modemst2 nvram partitions?

At least for me, after using them I've had to restore the two Modemst files manually or, which is exactly the same, the EFS backup made by TWRP, if not my phone can't get mobile coverage.

Cheers once again

Author| Post time 2015-12-13 04:13:31 | Show all posts
Thank you for your summary. The TCL Q39 firmware wipes everything making your emax mini permanently useless if you haven't made a twrp backup. That was the reason to remove it from here.
I've got an emax mini in similar state like your one was and MiFlash was one of the first tools I tried but that's unable to detect this phone, regardless of the installed driver.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-12-13 06:56:16 | Show all posts
Is your phone recognised at all?

If you connect it by USB to your PC and hold down the power button for about a minute it should finally be detected.

If the driver is not automatically installed by Windows it can be installed by the driver installer that comes in the Unbrick Kit.

Author| Post time 2015-12-13 12:01:44 | Show all posts
Thank you but if that were be so simple, I could figure out the solution.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

About UMIDIGI|Mobile version|Facebook|Twitter|YouTube|Instagram|LinkedIn|VK|UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

GMT+8, 2021-5-10 03:12 , Processed in 0.073525 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.