View: 2774|Reply: 6

UMI eMax or UMI eMax mini ?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2015-10-10 21:58:04 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by AlexisTM at 2015-10-10 23:08 \n\nHello everyone !

I had a Huawei g620s but the baseband is now "software" broken because of lack of proper ROM... Then, I want to change my phone to an UMI! But which one to choose?

Questions :
  • Is the eMax mini compatible with OTG?
  • Does the eMax mini heat? (The eMax heats a lot when my brother plays with)
  • What about the GPU? Is the Adreno 405 -really- better than the Mali T760-MP2 like this test seems to say?
  • Is the CMOS sensor much better than the UMI eMax ?

See you !
Single Polls, Total 7 Users voted View Voters

Poll is finished

42.86% (3)
0.00% (0)
57.14% (4)
Your User group have no permission to vote
Post time 2015-10-11 03:54:17 | Show all posts
Edited by bencebacsi at 2015-10-11 18:02 \n\n

• The OTG is a basic feature nowadays, so eMax mini supports it, of course.
  • When 8 cores are working hard, that dissipates heat of course but that's quite not serious at the eMax. Just acceptably slight warming at me.
  • The graphical performances of the two phones  are similar, the overall performance of eMax is definitely higher. Review comparision - Specs comparision
  • eMax mini is built with the same camera (Sony IMX214) as Iron, so that's better than the one of eMax.

If you need lollipop, you can only choose eMax mini.

Use magic Report

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2015-10-11 15:40:57 | Show all posts
Thanks a lot!

Then I will choose the mini... Sorry Mediatek, but I looove to modify my ROM in android!
I was wondering "why is there only UMI's ROM for UMIs, and no extern community like HTCMANIA or XDA dev". The only reason seems to be the processor.

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-11-6 21:33:03 | Show all posts
I actually had both phones.
Emax sent back to amazon due to various problems.. too big for me, touch screen not really good, bluetooth in android 4.4.4 is faulty with no solution, camera quality not that bad but definitely not at the level of any cheap samsung mobile.

Emax mini i have since a couple of days.. device is good, touch screen is way better, size is better for me, bluetooth works great, screen quality outstanding, camera quality outstanding too with qualcomm software that makes everything better.
On the cons of the Mini: battery slightly worse but no problem to get a full day on it; lollipop is a shame. is like changing from xp to vista. no ergonomics, everything much more difficult and no context menu (i hate it). Notification led useless (on just on charging and too much light). No working roms, no rootjoy support till now,

on the third side, umi support is near zero and the umi emax mini looks so much like beta test phone.

up to you dude!

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-11-7 09:26:19 | Show all posts
Vestat replied at 2015-11-6 21:33
I actually had both phones.
Emax sent back to amazon due to various problems.. too big for me, touch ...

Your emax probably had a defective touch panel. That works perfectly at me. I'm going to get an emax mini in a couple of weeks, so I'll be able to compare them as well.
Ufortunately, due to the compatibility issue causing by the Snapdragon processor, updates for emax mini won't be available in Rootjoy for a long time. Updates will be provided here, in the forum.

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-9-3 17:41:53 | Show all posts

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2021-10-28 14:06:09 | Show all posts
Are you seeking the pleasant gives on  StockX Promo Code   StockX Promo Code And Discount Code? As always, Coupons In World is devoted to presenting all its unswerving web site visitors the best charge cuts and deals to be had. Our goal is that will help you shop cash while shopping at your favored outlets as well as at the internet buying websites.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list