View: 2180|Reply: 24

UMI SUPER replace screen version problem

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-24 20:43:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,
I have a broken UMI Super display but , sinceit runs on android 7, all the kernel, and band versions DO NOT MATCH ANY OF AVAILIABLE REPLACEMENENTS???

So should I buy the one that is not for me or  open it and just rely on the display serial number...please help!!

Post time 2017-6-25 06:02:48 | Show all posts
Will be very hard to get older screen version so probably you need get latest one (this what is available) and update phone to latest firmware.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-25 23:13:19 | Show all posts
Well I think my phone is currently on the latest version...android 7, i can check for updates if that is what You mean by "firmware".?

Thank You for reply!
Post time 2017-6-26 04:59:10 | Show all posts
lionedizampa replied at 2017-6-25 23:13
Well I think my phone is currently on the latest version...android 7, i can check for updates if tha ...

Firmware / ROM /software.
Go to settings - about phone - build number and compare to this software numbers
http://community.umidigi.com/forum-134-1.html

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-9-14 22:23:46 | Show all posts
I got my  new display and I am about  to put it on, as I am NO EXPERT, if it is not "PLUG N PLAY",

What and how should I get my UMI SUPER running?

I see here people  talking about flashing tools, and OTA updates,
I am not even sure which version I had last.
I know I did an update to android 7.....

Please give me some instructions!
THANX!!
Post time 2017-9-15 06:12:40 | Show all posts
lionedizampa replied at 2017-9-14 22:23
I got my  new display and I am about  to put it on, as I am NO EXPERT, if it is not "PLUG N PLAY",

Here is SPFT updating instruction
http://community.umidigi.com/thread-11-1-1.html
And here you can choose any ROM you want but I would recommend latest one. In each ROM you have SPFT tool, full ROM and drivers
http://community.umidigi.com/forum-134-1.html
Also you can firstly  replace screen and then if something will be wrong then use SPFT etc.
On YouTube you can find a lot different tutorials how to replace screen in umi super.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-9-30 21:39:41 | Show all posts
Hi All,
I have to update the firmware of my UMI Super, as I had to change a broken screen.
All seems to work, except for the Screen that remains black :-(

- The Phone is charging (Red light at bottom turning Green after Charge, and the phone is now fully charged).
- When I push the Start button, the screen changes from total BLACK to dark GREY (some backlight evenly throughout the screen), but no UMI logo comes on, or anything that I could read.

- When plugged into my Laptop, (Windows 7-64 bit) Windows recognizes the phone, and I can access the phone directories

I need help on HOW TO update the Firmware (so that the new screen will work), WITHOUT the use of the screen for doing so...

I'd really appreciate your help on this matter, if possible with Step by Step details, please :-)

Thanks in adance for your responses

Patrick
Post time 2017-10-1 06:19:36 | Show all posts
phrvo replied at 2017-9-30 21:39
Hi All,
I have to update the firmware of my UMI Super, as I had to change a broken screen.
All seems ...

You have all explanations on previous post. Open each link and read tutorials also download all needed apps and ROM from that links too.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-10-1 19:24:01 | Show all posts
I did try that FIRST of course.
But it looks like I'm running into problems apparently because I can't "disable driver signature enforcement" (which is required on Win 7-64), as there is no such thing as a F8 option at start up on my Elitebook 8740w Win 7-64 system :-(
Been looking for ways to access that, and workarounds, but only found solutions for Win 8, none for Win 7-64 bit

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-10-1 21:40:30 | Show all posts
(Apparently) found a way to circumvent the disable driver signature enforcement
(YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHo0J1fuU4)

However, in "Scatter Loading File", for SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01\Release.txt, I'm now getting:
Error: Initializing scatter file failed. Please check the name of scatter file which you load is legal

:-(
123Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list