MAX V7.01_20170613 Android 7.0 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

bencebacsi Post time 2017-7-27 02:12:06 | Show all posts [Copy link]
111 14480
Author: bencebacsi

MAX V7.01_20170613 Android 7.0 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 2017-7-5 09:50:44 | Show all posts
navicc replied at 2017-7-4 23:30
Dear. I'm having a problem with my UMI MAX. I did several times the update via SP Flash Tool, howeve ...

Hi,
Your phone might have a defective flash chip, that's unfortunately non-repairable. As a final experiment, format the flash without the bootloader, then flash the latest ROM again. Please also try to use another computer and USB cable for flashing.

spft_format.jpg

If nothing changes after performing the above process, your phone is most probably defective in hardware and needs to be replaced.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-7-6 09:29:27 | Show all posts
Dear.
Thanks for the support, but unfortunately I performed the procedure and inserted the June ROM in the "Download only" mode, however the device restarts repeatedly and continues without stabilizing the android. I do not think there's any other way!

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-7-7 20:00:32 | Show all posts
Good phone with bad software..I'm back to Android 6 since battery keep draining very fast and the phone got very hot in normal use when this version of Android is installed..

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-7-12 15:40:26 | Show all posts
MihaiBGT replied at 2017-7-7 20:00
Good phone with bad software..I'm back to Android 6 since battery keep draining very fast and the ph ...

Could you advice which is the  best Android 6 version without any bug?

Thanks.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-7-12 20:00:55 | Show all posts
ozkaya84 replied at 2017-7-12 15:40
Could you advice which is the  best Android 6 version without any bug?

Thanks.

I think all of them have different bugs.. minor or major bugs, I didn't try each version.
I just flashed the phone with latest released Android 6 version to get over 2 days of battery.. maybe there it is a battery issue, I'm not sure and I'm planning to buy a new one..

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-7-24 03:28:13 | Show all posts
Edited by tonyk at 2017-7-24 03:43 \n\n
I'm searching -and I can't find it - for that function in this rom, to get a beep in every minute during outgoing calls. Is this available in this rom (and I'm blind) or removed?

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-7-24 19:32:37 | Show all posts
tonyk replied at 2017-7-24 03:28
Edited by tonyk at 2017-7-24 03:43 \n\n
I'm searching -and I can't find it - for that function in t ...

Seems to be removed.. Unfortunately, UMi MAX is "old" now, because it looks like UMIDIGIit's focusing on new phones. I don't thinks this phone will get another software update..
I'm really sorry now I bought this phone, all released Android updates has a lot of bugs.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-7-25 20:40:54 | Show all posts
MihaiBGT replied at 2017-7-24 19:32
Seems to be removed.. Unfortunately, UMi MAX is "old" now, because it looks like UMIDIGIit's focus ...

it's really sorry, this phone may be old to the company, but it's new for me and is sad to have a buggyphone. Charging was doing better for some time, but now it's awful again, fingerprint is unusable, the ghost scan is worst than ever. This phone is fast, have a great screen, 3gb ram is very useful, the battery is not bad at all, but for a phone that is heavy because of the battery, it's not good enough. Some said the camera is awful, for me, it's ok. If charging and fingerprint were OK and battery last 1 and a half day at least, I would not change this phone so soon, but these facts makes me think in buy another one soon, from another brand, because Umidigi support is disappointing.

Updated via OTA.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-7-26 02:35:05 | Show all posts
OK, now I've done what I should have done much earlier: downgraded my UMI Max back to Android 6. Having to do this is a big disappointment for me because UMI's promise to get the Android 7 update was one of the biggest reasons to choose this phone. Well, UMI, technically speaking you did fulfill that promise, but I could never have thought that a company could fail so badly in delivering a working version upgrade, and then finally just leave it like that.

Here are my experiences after the downgrade:

1. Power consumption: on Android 7, with careful use, I was able to squeeze two days of use, but in practice I usually charged every night so that I wouldn't have to worry about it, and because of point #2, please read below. On Android 6 I get easily three days of my normal use, with all the same apps installed and same settings made. This is a BIG difference in power consumption.

2. On Android 7 I had big difficulties with charging the phone. It happened frequently that when I hooked the phone to the charger (the basic one that came with the phone) in the evening, it was not nearly fully charged in the morning after 6-8 hours. I've had no such problems with Android 6, using the same charger and USB cable.

3. The WIFI connection was noticeably more unstable on Android 7. Downgrading to Android 6 made WIFI work normally again.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-7-27 02:12:06 | Show all posts
Edited by Pontiac at 2017-7-27 02:17 \n\nHi,
I have a big problem. I updated my Umi MAX to latest ROM over OTA and it didn't  charge so I turned it off to see if it will charge turned off.
After a bit of time I turned it ON and screen went crazy!
(Screen worked  well when phone is OFF and only battery icon is displayed)

I need to say phone is working just the screen is a problem.
What should I do?? I have no idea what is happening.

(Pictures taken with Laptop front camera)

-- Screen working when is OFF

You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list