View: 1090|Reply: 6

Battery connector stuck ?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-7 15:49:13 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

So I broke my screen for the second time. I ordered a new one, I change it.
But when I reassembled the phone, near from the end of the repair, I couldn't put the battery connector back...
I tried to start the phone holding it, and with a precise position, it worked for a few seconds, afterwhat I moved.
I thinked about changing the battery, bit it appeared it was more complicated than that...
When compaired with pictures from other batteries, the little connector that snaps into the motherboard like a little Lego seems unsolded from the flat cable, and this embossed thing would still be insinde of the motherboard's connector.

Here is my battery connector VS a normal battery connector, and my motherboard connector VS  a normal motherboard connector :

What do I do... ?

Post time 2017-6-8 04:01:23 | Show all posts
I thinking that you should very gently try pull out old/broken battery connector from motherboard socket. Also you need buy new battery as connected is destroyed. Of course all this to do proper job.
Post time 2017-6-8 04:03:25 | Show all posts
Also you can try solder battery wire to old connector but then you can damage motherboard.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-8 16:14:32 | Show all posts
Yeah, I will apply one of these methods, probably the first one as the soldering would be pretty hard (too little).
How do you think I could pull it out ?
What tool could I use ?
Post time 2017-6-9 06:25:42 | Show all posts
Azuraël replied at 2017-6-8 16:14
Yeah, I will apply one of these methods, probably the first one as the soldering would be pretty har ...

Small needle or anything similar.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-9-15 22:51:06 | Show all posts
Hello! I hope to find help. I broke the test point to weld the central pin of the battery connector even to me broke.
I wanted to ask if you can tell me if that test point can find it at another point on the pcb.
test point broken.JPG
Post time 2017-9-19 05:53:16 | Show all posts
geppo77 replied at 2017-9-15 22:51
Hello! I hope to find help. I broke the test point to weld the central pin of the battery connector  ...

This is exactly same situation as above. You broke connector from battery and now is stuck in motherboard. You need try pull out old broken piece and replace with new battery.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list