View: 1412|Reply: 20

Volvo V40 not stable bluetooth

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-6 21:34:23 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I have a Volvo v40 car with a connectivity kit. When i connect my phone (Umi Super) with my car it seems to work but after leaving the car the connecting is useless as it wont reconnect with my phone again when i enter my car again. I wont find my phone again  (9 out of 10 it wont find it). The only quick solution is to drop the previous made connection and find my phone again to repair it with my car.

Sometimes it will find the phone when the connection is recreated but almost everytime i have to reboot my phone before my car will find the bluetooth signal from my phone. When my car finds the phone without a reboot, it will NOT load my contacts and messages.  Very strange!!! Also sometimes the connection is dropped sometimes without reason :-(

I have tested this with 3 phones now (Xiamo M4c & Iphone 5) and only the Umi Super has this strange problem. No reconnection problems with the other 2 phones.

I have the latest version of Android running (also has my car the latest versions installed). The phone is brand new as i received this phonelast week !!

What needs to be done to make it work like it should?

Please help with this very annoying issue !!!

Rick

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-16 18:30:49 | Show all posts
Well, I use my Super with my Mitsubishi with very little fuzz. Occasionally (like once every month) the phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every other minute, but that is rare. I had problems with the first 7.0 release, but now it's OK for me.
Post time 2017-6-7 06:33:08 | Show all posts
Firstly reboot phone and perform factory reset if didn't help.
Also please go to Volvo dealer and ask for radio updates.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-7 17:39:44 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-6-7 06:33
Firstly reboot phone and perform factory reset if didn't help.
Also please go to Volvo dealer and a ...

Okay i will try a factory reset BUT this occured from scratch (out of the box) so why is this needed? A reboot will only help if i make a new connection to my car. It didnt helped to reconnect the already excisting connecting. You can expect that all settings were on default out of the box right?
Software update Volvo? Okay will ask them about this but i know they did this 3 months ago already and i believe its on the latest version (all other brand phones are working correct).

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-8 07:44:33 | Show all posts
This is a known issue of Android 7. I have the same issues as what you described. Random (mostly if some other app gets focus that also has sound) connection drops, initiated calls drop the connection, then couple of seconds later the voice comes back on bluetooth to car audio. Never had any issue on Android 6. You may try to downgrade.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-8 07:47:09 | Show all posts
BTW, I have a Ford Focus 2013. I am sure that the car audio is fine as it has been tested with multiple phones. It does the same even with a master reset.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-14 19:52:32 | Show all posts
So you suggest that a downgrade can/will solve this?  I already did a fact reset and still the same problem occurs.

I also noticed that when my Xiaomi band 2 is connected to my phone every other bluetooth connection will almost always fail. This band works great with my other phone and multiple connections are possible with my Xiaomi phone without problems. When the band is connected to my Umi problems start to occur. So this is a UMI problem i think.

BTW: this doesnt mean when the band is NOT connected to my umi verything works okay ;-)

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-15 20:37:25 | Show all posts
Edited by shooter7311 at 2017-6-16 17:24 \n\nI have the same problem in my citroen c4 grand picasso. It is a problem that umi developers don't recognize!! They told me that there is no problem with Bluetooth and I have to go to citroen dealer tο update my kit!!  So they won't fix it. Never umi phone again... I have ordered xiaomi redmi note 4

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-15 20:45:00 | Show all posts
If have tested it now with a VW Polo and the SAME problem occurs there!!!!  So 100% sure its a bluetooth UMI problem now. I did a facgtory reset, i upgraded to andrioid 7.0, i upgraded to 7.1 all without luck. I downgraded to 6.0 and the same problem keeps popping up.

UMI i know its not a premium phone but PLEASE MAKE STABLE SOFTWARE DRIVERS and fix this super annoying problem !!!!!!

PS
I'm thinking to buy a Xiamo again, never a problem and very good support from them.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-16 20:54:18 | Show all posts
i found a solution which works 9 out of 10 times. Before you start your car and pair your phone with it, put bluetooth off on your phone. Start your car and audio. Put car bluetooth in find mode and start bluetooth on your phone.

The "handshake" between your car audio and phone works after this.  Before you stop your car/power stop bluetooth on the phone and next time it will work.

It looks bad programming on the phone which keeps old connect data actual and doesnt remove this after you disconnect your phone when stopping the car. Sorry to say this but its a 100% UMI problem.
12Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list