202 32848
View: 32848|Reply: 202

[Z] UMIDIGI Z V7.01_20170601 Android 7.1.1 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-6-2 20:56:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool + OTA release of the
V7.01_20170601 Android 7.1.1 system software
for UMIDIGI Z

Flash tool operation is recommended for experienced users only. Do not use it if you cannot understand the whole process!
UMI(DIGI) Z receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again. Another reason can be if you experience unexpected issues after updating via FOTA.

UMIDIGI Z is not a different model, it's just a new brand. You can update your UMi Z smartphone with this ROM without risking its usability and without voiding your warranty.
It is an official update for UMi Z.

WARNING!
It is an Android version upgrade. Always flash this ROM as 'Firmware Upgrade', not 'Download Only' if you are upgrading an Android 6.0 system!

Changelog:
  • Android 7.1.1 upgrade with many new features, higher performance and longer battery life
  • Wrong battery capacity report (1000mAh) fixed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

Flashtool tutorials: UMI Forum or androidxda guide or YouTube guide (you can google a lot of other solutions and guides)

>>>>> ROM: 20170601_g15v97_kw_u8_4m.rar <<<<< - Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6797_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components
SUPER WARNING!!!
Flashing this ROM on an Android 6.0 system will make the nvram partition inaccessible, driving to lose your IMEI numbers, what's needed for mobile communication. To avoid that, do update your Android 6.0 system with the OTA update by all means. Then you can flash parts or the full ROM without any issues. If you've already lost your IMEI numbers, you can recover them with SN Write Tool.
Either wirelessly or manually, installing the OTA update is a safe method to upgrade your device.

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMI Z if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMI Z to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTA (recovery) update
Manual (local) OTA update method instructions
  • Copy the downloaded .zip file to either the internal memory or the SD card of your phone
  • Go to Settings --> About phone --> Wireless update
  • Tap the 3-dot menu button at the top right corner and select Local updates
  • Brows for the ...update.zip file and select it
  • Tap Install now, comfirm the process with OK and wait until the process will be finished

>>>>> Update file for manual OTA update: UMIDIGI_Z.V7.01_20170601_update.zip <<<<<

Optional method (in case if the manual OTA update gets stuck): Install from recovery
You need a microSD card (with at least 4GB capacity) installed in your phone!
  • Copy the ...update.zip file to your SD card
  • Press and hold the volume-up and power buttons together until your phone restarts in the boot selector mode. It needs about 10 seconds or a little bit less if your phone was already powered off.
  • Here you can move with the vol-up button and select an item with vol-down. Select Recovery.
  • Your phone reboots into Recovery and you see a lying android figure with an exclamation mark in red triangle on its tummy.
  • Press and hold the power and vol-up buttons (in this order) together, then release them to call the recovery menu. Now you can move with the volume buttons and select an item with the power button.
  • Move to ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select it.
  • On the next screen brows for the update file and select it. The updating process will start and needs a few minutes to be finished.
  • After a succcessful installation you can read the ''Install from sdcard complete'' message and the receovery menu is available again.
  • Select 'Reboot system now'. Alternatively you can perform a factory data reset here by choosing 'Wipe data/factory reset'

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode. In rare cases a FOTA update can cause more or less serious malfunctions but that means only the update process went wrong, not a badly developed ROM. An updated stock ROM, especially related to the basic functions will not cause any new issues but will solve some of the existing ones.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-27 02:12:06 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-6-25 14:23Please flash this ROM with SP Flash tool in firmware upgrade mode, then setup your phone as a  ...

Hi,
By Imagiq features I also meant the video stabilisation and slow motion features.
This is taken from the Mediatek official website:

In addition to image quality enhancements, Imagiq also offers a rich set of videography features:

• Electronic image stabilization (EIS) and Gyro – Using a sophisticated hardware engine to predict motion, Imagiq eliminates a video’s camera shake and distortion.
  • 1/32 Super-Slow Motion – In addition to supporting 720p video, Imagiq can shoot 1080p video at 480 frames per second in 1/32 super-slow motion playback, resulting in a 960 FPS video. Users are also able to edit videos using super-slow motion.
  • Temporal Noise Reduction – Imagiq uses advanced temporal noise reduction to locate and reduce pixel movement in videos, resulting in cleaner and more detailed video quality in both video previews and filming.
  • 4K HDR Shooting – Support 4K HDR shooting for the first time, producing more compelling video image quality.

MediaTek high-end mobile systems on chip (SoCs) ranging from the currently released MediaTek helio P20 and MediaTek helio X20 to future SoCs will use the Imagiq ISP, allowing smartphone manufacturers to customize their choice of Imagiq’s features according to their needs.

So the Helio X27 must support the above features. We can at least get the EIS and Gyro video stabilisation and 1/32 slow motion video in our UMIDIGI Z/ Z Pro. These would be great features if UMIDIGI can exploit the Helio X27 at its best.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-5 17:19:28 | Show all posts
Baki replied at 2017-6-5 16:19
"the proximity sensor on the call does not work properly, when detaching it from the ear does not  ...

If it happens to me a lot of times, and in addition to making a call, the option "do not disturb" is activated, I do not know if it happens to you too Screenshot_20170605-111421.png

Comments

It's an Android 7.1 feature, not a bug. https://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/10/android-7-1-enables-not-disturb-call.html  Post time 2017-6-14 03:49
Haven't tried that setup yet.  Post time 2017-6-5 18:48

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-5 16:19:58 | Show all posts

"the proximity sensor on the call does not work properly, when detaching it from the ear does not turn on the screen again ..."

I have noticed that as well. Not always, but it happens from time to time.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-3 04:08:59 | Show all posts
Oh no please, fix this, this black screen is so ugly i never saw this on any other phone omg ...
I'll tell other people that the UMIDIGI Z do that and they will not want to buy it...

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-25 19:26:28 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-6-25 14:26
Please flash directly this ROM with SPFT but then after the first reboot, setup your phone as a ne ...

Hello,

That's exactly what I did: I never tried to restore backup, I rsetup again the phone from scratch, as if it were new.

In view of all the comments I read on this forum: please accept that your Android 7 firmware is unstable and causes the phone to reboot without reason regularly.

Sincerely.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-25 15:50:02 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-6-24 08:23
''...this update for the Umi Z is a big failure and many things fail (camera, Wifi, mobile data, b ...

Habitualmente estos foros suelen tener unas 5 paguinas, el de esta actualizacion tiene 14 paguinas de problemas y sigue, tu me pides que te diga los problemas de mi actualizacion, eso seria hacer tu trabajo.
Para saber los problemas que genera la actualizacion solo leete las 14 paguinas de este foro y veras que existen multitud de problemas.
Si algunos se arreglan con el SP Flash Tool y otros borrando todas las copias de seguridad y comenzando desde zero el movil. ¿Esa es vuestra solucion? no toda la gente tiene un nivel adecuado para trabajar con el SP Flash Tool o conocimientos suficientes para trastear el movil, creo que deberiais ofrecer una disculpa a todos aparte de una solucion sencilla.
Bien vamos a dejar el tema de los reproches y esperemos esas dos semana que dices para el parche con soluciones, solo espero que esta vez lo hagais bien.

Usually these forums usually have about 5 paguinas, this update has 14 paguinas of problems and follow, you ask me to tell you the problems of my update, that would be to do your job.
To know the problems generated by the update only read the 14 pages of this forum and you will see that there are many problems.
If some are fixed with SP Flash Tool and others erasing all backups and starting from scratch the mobile. Is that your solution? Not all people have an adequate level to work with SP Flash Tool or enough knowledge to hack the phone, I think you should offer an apology to everyone apart from a simple solution.
Well let's leave the subject of reproaches and wait for those two weeks that you say for the patch with solutions, I just hope that this time you do well.

Author| Post time 2017-6-21 07:57:16 | Show all posts
Kendo replied at 2017-6-20 22:56
Edited by Kendo at 2017-6-21 06:03 \n\n \n\nMy phone with an upgrade to 7.1.1. Runs smoothly even t ...

You can't expect miracles from the Mali-T880 GPU but if you compare the UX (user experience) score, that's in par with SD 821 phones. If you don't play 3D games, the UX score represents the performance of your device that you can experience in most cases.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-16 17:50:48 | Show all posts
The only problems I'm facing so far and apparently everyone is facing the same ones.

- The restart button power off the device doesn't restart it
- If you open the S Case it asks to unlock the device and doesn't only show lockscreen
- S case music controls are gone

Everything else is working fine for me.

Super fast, battery is great... Camera while not the best image quality is fast and reliable.

Best phone I've had and one of the cheapest.

I came from a Galaxy S6 Edge to the Umi Z.. No regrets.

Regards and keep up the good work devs.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-10 15:08:02 | Show all posts
For everyone complaining about Do Not Disturb turning on during calls, this is actually a feature of Nougat and is the same on all Nougat devices.

The black notification slide down looks really bad, and I'm getting sick of it since the developers added it into Marshmallow. Nobody likes this - the transparent one was fine. Why add a huge black bar OBSTRUCTING the screen when it's unnecessary? If you still want it there - just enable an option in settings, as settings is given full system access (root).

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-9 03:28:28 | Show all posts
Will there be source code? This will improve the software

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-2 21:01:04 | Show all posts
perfect thanks...
after flashing the phone shows me:
UMIDIGI Z.V7.01_20170601.... :-)

Comments

great thanks!  Post time 2017-6-3 11:25
Corrected, thanks.  Post time 2017-6-2 23:34

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-2 23:21:11 | Show all posts
When will we have the SPFT FULL ROM ??

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-2 23:36:24 | Show all posts
Why is the notification menu Black? looks like shit without any transitions no fade into black or fade out... make the entire UI look like crap  

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-3 01:35:25 | Show all posts
GamingMonster replied at 2017-6-3 01:27
NOOOOOOOOOO!! W*F DID YOU GUYS DO!!!!!!!! Did you really make the notification panel BLACK????!!!!!! ...

I waited so long for the freaking Nougat update, and now you make it f*cking BLACK?!!!!?!?!?!
Sorry but I go back to Android 6.0 with NO black notification screen. Can you plz fix it as fast as pissible?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-3 02:18:29 | Show all posts
Black roller blind is a terrible thing! Why did you do it? Or is it your bug?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-3 03:19:20 | Show all posts
How can you leave the screen black when you open the notifications? This is a serious mistake!
Post time 2017-6-3 03:24:15 | Show all posts
GamingMonster replied at 2017-6-3 01:35
I waited so long for the freaking Nougat update, and now you make it f*cking BLACK?!!!!?!?!?!
Sorr ...

Pure black notification panel without any transparency was since 20170411.
Post time 2017-6-3 03:25:18 | Show all posts
toliknosov replied at 2017-6-3 02:18

Some users asked for this.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-3 03:47:05 | Show all posts

You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list