8 1291
View: 1291|Reply: 8

Plastic or Metal, what do you prefer?

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-4-11 19:51:54 | Show all posts |Read mode
-
-
-

Recently UMIDIGI has committed to produce metallic case smartphones to offer more durable and eye-catching devices.

sec2_phone.jpg

However, maybe not all of you agree with this concept.
So, today's question is...

Do you prefer a cheap looking and breakable plastic body, or a sturdy and elegant, full metal unibody smartphone?

Single Polls, Total 37 Users voted
2.70% (1)
97.30% (36)
0.00% (0)
Your User group have no permission to vote

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-4-12 04:03:51 | Show all posts
Edited by Daphone at 2017-4-12 04:05 \n\nI prefer metal body, but i do wish there was more grip in the phones.
A textured body and edges would be nice, and there are lots of avenues in design with texture to explore.

Maybe laser engraving can be used, maybe paired with more mechanical approach with CNC milling for a deeper more rough pattern.

Natural organic and geometric patterns can be explored, i would not mind if my phone had a look and feel like a plank of wood that's been in the ocean for a long time, or a board / pice of wood a sandblaster have hit to remove some of the softer parts in the wood.

The slick B&O design just dont do it for me, but in this case it is more a matter of functuon over form, a phone for me is just a tool and not a fasion statement, so in general i dont care how it look.

Use magic Report

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-4-12 15:19:37 | Show all posts
I agree, the grip is not so good, so, after dropping my phone a few times, I had to purchase a back case. Metal is better, but a little heavier. I know it's dissipating the heat, but how about absorbing shocks? Which is better?

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-12 20:48:51 | Show all posts
I think plastic is underrated. Metal feels nice and cold but the grip is not that great and also, plastic has the ability to absorb some impact instead of being dented forever. The same applies for scratches and/or paint peeling off, since you can create colored plastic.

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-12 20:50:53 | Show all posts
On the other hand, metal dissipates the heat much better but then everyone complains that the device is hot and rubbish and that the burn their hands, when in fact is better to have heat outside the device rather than being concentrated in rhe inside

Use magic Report

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-4-13 01:24:27 | Show all posts
if they build in good quality metal is good .. heat & shock must be avoided from manufacturer problems ...  most of the branded phones using now metal body & nonremovable battery .

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-14 23:08:08 | Show all posts
Metal is good, but I preffered replaceable battery, it means no unibody.

Comments

Removable battery - yes, I prefer that too if given a choice, plus dedicated micro SD slot on top of dual SIM slots.  Post time 2017-4-16 16:10

Use magic Report

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-4-16 16:09:01 | Show all posts
I get the feeling of vibes when i touch my Z Pro during charging. The feeling I sometimes get when power supply input is not grounded. Have posted a thread in Z Pro forum.

My preference is plastic, if it can facilitate easier access in case of repair. Metal looks good but is very slippery for me..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!