New Forum Needed! Suggestions included

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-2-17 02:58:55 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Mikhail4 at 2017-2-21 05:05 \n\n

In my honest opinion thecurrent structure of this forum lacks efficiency and is not ideal, it could really do with a completely different platform and I am not talking about a choice of colour scheme or anything customisable for the user, although as a community that may help increase members and the use of the forum. A remake of this forum would have been great alongside the rebranding from Umi to UmiDigi.

1.) Due to this forum being used for Technical Support, I am surprised that there is not a dedicated section for reporting bugs and any issues which may require OTA's which could simply be done by offering a list to choose specific areas of concern and a comments box to input further info on issues found, this could then be directly accessible by the engineering team and once problems reported within a specific time period have been fixed the changelog can then be posted within the same section, if there are any delays then a header note of some sort could be added as a notice to us all. This section will only be dedicated to identifying problems and will not be able to add comments or create topics of our own, this could further aid efficiency and transparency. This could actually help reduce the amount of so called negative feedback posted within the forum for each product, a platform which could and in my opinion should be used for other means.

2.) The current point system is pointless and I do not see the advantage of having it, what exactly is the purpose of the points system? This is another feature which should be revised alongside restructuring the forum.

3.) The Campaign section could be merged with the Blog and given a fresher, more inviting look to invite users and visitors to share the blog/campaign posts via social media or email.

4.) The ROM section could actually be merged with (point 1).

5.) As for Rootjoy I do not have a clue what has happened with that program as I thought from being a previous Umi Iron Pro user it would have continued to be used to aid flashing/installing ROM on the smartphone including utilising the back up features, an all in one program which has seemed to be neglected for some strange reason. This section I believe is not needed as the instructions how to Root could be provided in the program and any problems which need to be reported could be done via the method of (point 1).

6.) The Regions section has its use and is only fair to keep available but for the Off-Topics section I notice a lot of the topics could be directed to (point 1), asked within the specific products sub forum or directed to the Umi *general* forum which is at the very bottom of the listed products page which is the exact same thing as Off-Topics, so there are actually two forums for the same thing.

Overall the Umi Forum needs a new platform, how or if Umidigi wish to do so, is up to them however I hope my suggestions are useful and can aid the Umi Community and Umidigi as a whole.

To share your opinion and place your vote to keep the current platform or to redesign the community forum, please do so here:
http://community.umidigi.com/thread-6698-1-1.html

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-2-17 22:46:14 | Show all posts
Very good suggestions. I think you are right, especially about point 1, which bugs me the most.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-2-18 16:36:48 | Show all posts
And now a bit of negativity: UMIDIGI just doesn't care so much about us. We are the ones that already have a umi phone. They care the most about future costumers because those quite frankly are the one the bring the money they don't have yet.
It's just a shame. The moderator even tries but as long as umi is like this it's just not worthy.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-2-18 23:00:34 | Show all posts
LeXuZ replied at 2017-2-18 16:36
And now a bit of negativity: UMIDIGI just doesn't care so much about us. We are the ones that alread ...

Well once current/loyal customers choose to go elsewhere, that is when they will start to fail, considering they rely on social media and word of mouth to market their products, I do not see how they can grow without keeping their current customers satisfied and surely it is harder to attract new customers than retaining the ones they currently have, if Umidigi can not provide a platform which keeps their current customers loyal and proud to push Umidigi as a company while at the same time naturally differentiating themselves from other competitors, what hope will they have in maintaining any new customers, its either they will decline or remain stagnant. Either way its a decision they and I am sure many other competitors have to make, whether they do it is out of our hands, we can only let them aware.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-2-19 05:09:39 | Show all posts
Mikhail4 replied at 2017-2-18 23:00
Well once current/loyal customers choose to go elsewhere, that is when they will start to fail, co ...

Lets hope they hear us. It's only simple logic but one proved to be effective.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-2-19 08:04:28 | Show all posts
LeXuZ replied at 2017-2-19 05:09
Lets hope they hear us. It's only simple logic but one proved to be effective.

Yeh exactly, we can only hope

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-2-21 05:06:18 | Show all posts
To share your opinion and place your vote to keep the current platform or to redesign the community forum, please do so here: http://community.umidigi.com/thread-6698-1-1.html
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!