26 5799
View: 5799|Reply: 26

Usb Type C , Too longer plug

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-10-16 22:34:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello, I notice one problem, the plug usb type C for this Umi plus ,is a little more longer than the generic plug usb type C,  this will be a big problem when we will buy an accesory. For example, for my old Umi Super I bougth usb cables for the wall charger and otg's for my usbpen ( all with usb type C plug) and I use them with any problem in Umi Super, but when I try use it in Umi plus, surprise, the port for the usb type C plug (generics)do not adjust , slide, and the otg donot recognice because the port is more deep. In conclusion all the generic accesories, do not fit to this new port usb type C of the Umi Plus . PLEASE UMI COULD YOU SELL OFFICIAL CABLES AND OTG'S SPECIAL DESIGN FOR THIS SMARTPHOME OR GIVE US SOME SOLUTION. THANKS
Single Polls, Total 16 Users voted
81.25% (13)
18.75% (3)
Your User group have no permission to vote

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-10-17 00:01:37 | Show all posts
From what I have seen, the frame, actually part of the back cover, surrounding the phone is thin and flat in previous models, but a gradient and more material is added in UMi plus.

This new thicker frame design looks very nice but adds like a mm at the top of that gradient so plugs need to be a bit longer just like the one shipped with the phone.

I suppose this will not be really solved even by providing a special, longer OTG cable, more permanent solution would be a design change of the frame that would make it thinner around the type-c socket.

Maybe even a DIY solution can be applied cause it seems unlikely that UMi will change the design. Teardown videos of previous models show a surprisingly repairable design so if one wishes he can modify that part himself by removing some material around the type-c socket between the speaker holes.

I know this is not the best idea, and I surely do not recommend to anyone to cannibalize the phone, but what else can be done as a permanent solution?

But if you decide to go that way, after removing some material the paint in that spot will be gone so you can even add a touch of personalization by painting that spot bright yellow or something, possibilities are probably endless here... and you would be able to recognize your phone easily in case it gets stolen or something!

Fyodor

Use magic Report

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2016-11-3 06:35:19 | Show all posts
very bad design also in my opinion.. it's not acceptable that 90% of cables and accessories in the market, are not working with Plus.
I found only a tpe-c cable of Xiaomi Mi5 that works over many other tested  ..
Really disappointed!

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-3 22:07:30 | Show all posts
Same experience, I've not found till now a compatible cable. Please UMI tell waht cable is compatible, please

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-6 04:04:40 | Show all posts
El problema no es el cable es la conexion USB esta demasiado metida dentro de la carcasa haciendo que las conecsion ya sea con el cable proporcionado por UMI o otros sea muy mala

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-6 14:51:56 | Show all posts
in an unrelated post, I was advised by support (Ben) to get one of these cables...  http://bit.ly/2fcibPW_Bastec_USB-C  seems overkill, but....

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-16 20:00:06 | Show all posts
haven't you a problem with charging, then the cable go out with every small move?

Use magic Report

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2016-11-25 22:12:53 | Show all posts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301742370056

Just had this one delivered and it works a treat. It 'clicks' when pushed-in, and doesn't fall out. 5 stars!

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-26 09:08:20 | Show all posts
Sure, you can find ONE cable that works because the metal protrudes more from the plastic, point is it does not work with EVERY cable as it should.

This is called DESIGN FAULT.

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-26 12:00:20 | Show all posts
trev260764 replied at 2016-11-25 22:12
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301742370056

Just had this one delivered and it works a treat. It 'clicks ...

Hey trev,

Thanks for the advice. I have been looking at your ebay link but there are few options for compatible model and UMI isnt one of them.

May I ask, which option did you choose?

Use magic Report

123Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!