bencebacsi Post time 2016-3-14 18:41:53 | Show all posts [Copy link]
47 15264
View: 15264|Reply: 47

eMAX Mini 6FAA-ZP1-P5002 12/17/2015 update

[Copy link]
Post time 2016-3-11 01:43:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by bencebacsi at 2016-3-11 08:26 \n\n

This is the FlashTool version of 6FAA-ZP1-P5002 firmware for UMI eMAX Mini

Attention! This tool is safe and easy to use, but all user data will be lost!

Before you flash this update, it is highly recommended to make a TWRP backup.

To backup the EFS partition is particulary important for the case if you lose the mobile network connection. Copy your backup (the whole TWRP folder) and store it in a safe place on your computer. If you lose your network after running this update, restore your EFS backup with TWRP.

Changelog:

Changelog is not provided! According to my quick test:

• Mobilenet sharing via WiFi HotSpot works now
  • Still no way to turn off notification vibrating
  • The lowest volume level of notification/alert sounds still might be too loud for some users

Installation
Connect your phone to USB and put it into downloader mode, then run the tool
eMAX mini Software Download Tool: 6FAA-ZP1_P5002-Flashtool.EXE (This tool has its own guide in its Help section. There's a driver installer in the tool as well. The Flashtool will install the 'UMI eMAX mini_001_12/17/2015' version ROM on your phone)

To put UMI eMAX Mini into downloader mode for flashing:
  • Power off your phone - if your phone is in boot loop, you can power it off by keeping pressed the power button for about 10 seconcs. If your phone can't power off but always restarts, jump immediately to step 2. when you perceive/hear the vibration.
  • Connect your phone to USB and immediately (after the vibration) press and keep pressed all the 3 side-buttons until you see the Warning screen - just wait for the next vibration if your screen doesn't work because incompatible ROM is installed.
  • Long press the Vol-up button until the screen gets dark - If your screen doesn't work, watch the Windows device manager and release the button when the HS-USB QDLoader 9008 appears among the COM ports.

P.s.: This is still the only method to officially update your eMAX Mini. Rootjoy, recovery or OTA updates are not available yet.
emax_mini.jpg

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-3-23 16:38:03 | Show all posts
brazbill replied at 2016-3-20 17:12
Edited by brazbill at 2016-3-20 17:15 \n\n
I don't work for UMI but completly agreed with Bencebacs ...

Just like Brazbill, I do not work for UMI and find the eMax mini absolutly satifying fot the price.

Indeed, UMI did not gave what they say : Rootjoy, MIUI, CM12.1, indeed I was feeling like : "I got screwed".
But despite this, this phone is GREAT ! Beautiful and powerful with a good Camera ! On a second though, I noticed that the Android Version DO NOT MATTER !
If you really wants the last version, buy a Nexus phone.

My Mom got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. She never got any update and the Lolipop version is in "development" for 1 year and nothing moves.

Finally, be happy with what you have, you have more calculation power in your hand than the calculation power they had to go to the moon with their supercomputers.
 Author| Post time 2016-3-16 00:58:46 | Show all posts
Most dual-SIM smart phones offer the 3G/4G connection for the SIM1 slot only, so that's not an issue. About your other issues, your phone might have some unique defections in hardware. I absolutely have no such problems.
 Author| Post time 2016-3-14 17:25:55 | Show all posts
Well, I'm trying to stay at a neutral position. I understand that, my neutral position can seem as to be a UMI defender from the sight of a UMI hater.
Some specified thoughts for your sake:
- I agree with that, UMI should update their ads about Rootjoy support and the available custom ROMs.
- I think UMI should have never played with those custom ROMs since they just make more issues than benefits. The stock ROM (and its updates) would be quite enough. They still can be customized by 3rd party launchers, tweaking apps etc.
- UMI should provide OTA updates for all handsets if they want to seem to be a serious phone maker
On the other hand as an eMAX mini owner:
- I don't care about Rootjoy support. Even if that were available, I'd use the flash tool or TWRP/CWM recovery to update my phone since both of them are more efficient than Rootjoy. So I just don't cry for something that I would not use.
- Custom ROMs are just such stuffs that you don't need to get the best performance and availability from your phone. There are a lot of possibilities to customize/tweak your OS without touching its stable core created by the factory. So, I neither care about custom ROMs.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-3-11 04:26:08 | Show all posts
I will upgrade my cellphone at night. Thank you!

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-3-12 17:08:32 | Show all posts
that this update brings improvements
 Author| Post time 2016-3-12 21:45:49 | Show all posts
halaska replied at 2016-3-12 17:08
that this update brings improvements

Yes, mobilenet sharing via WiFi hotspot works now.
 Author| Post time 2016-3-12 21:50:12 | Show all posts
johnnyjoe replied at 2016-3-12 20:44
Will they ever be available? Really poor support from UMI, and they still advertising the phone wi ...

You know, that ad was created once and finished. On the other hand, if you're willing to be a bit more flexible, this flashtool makes it easier and more efficient to update your phone than Rootjoy would do, while most features of Rootjoy still work with eMAX mini.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-3-13 21:33:23 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2016-3-12 21:45
Yes, mobilenet sharing via WiFi hotspot works now.

Btw, what's the fuss about Tethering (like here, in Nov/2015 stock ROM and CM 12.1 threads)?

I have the original firmware from 25 Sep 2015, and Tethering (sharing my 3G Mobile Internet via WiFi hotspot on eMax Mini) works for me from the day one.

I didn't try with 4G, in roaming or to share the Internet by Bluetooth, though.
 Author| Post time 2016-3-14 05:47:55 | Show all posts
zgf replied at 2016-3-13 21:33
Btw, what's the fuss about Tethering (like here, in Nov/2015 stock ROM and CM 12.1 threads)?

I ha ...

That's the first version that I (and probably a lot of other users too) have never used. Maybe this bug was programmed in later versions and now it's fixed again.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-3-14 17:57:40 | Show all posts
I was really target this time !
we do not create unnecessary hopes
but considering that flash tool and ' available , ' cause no update rom with that?
 Author| Post time 2016-3-14 18:41:53 | Show all posts
halaska replied at 2016-3-14 17:57
I was really target this time !
we do not create unnecessary hopes
but considering that flash tool a ...

I'm sorry but despite the question mark at the end, I can't identify your words as a question. Please, make it clear.
12345Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!