credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-12 12:58:44 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
How to fix this...help me

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-12 16:57:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
My adaptive display not changing the screen brightness either.......

threads

credits

Non- Vertification

credits
Post time 2018-9-12 21:07:02 | Show all posts
I can't do the step after the android on its back, i just end up at the chinese menu, please can you check the instructions

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-12 23:06:21 | Show all posts
This morning I received my UMIDIGI Z2 Pro. After having synchronized it with the old smartphone, I put it in charge with the wirelwss charger and after about 15 minutes I found it off and very hot. I restarted and immediately presented the problem of this forum. In my case, however, I failed to perform step 3 of the procedure and I am with the cell phone locked. Could you better detail step 3 of the procedure?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-13 01:35:53 | Show all posts
sgoddy replied at 2018-9-12 04:46
Thank-you for the update. I can confirm the reboot sequence works fine.

Note to people trying this: ...

Sorry when you say you're wrong, what does it mean? Could you please explain better the times which must be? Thank you

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-13 03:12:02 | Show all posts
Got my new phone and I have the same problem PIN does not work after reboot. I get also symbol with ! in triangle with Sim Processor next to it on reboot

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-9-13 03:46:35 | Show all posts
My phone should be arriving soon but at this point I'm wondering if I should even bother opening it or simply contact Gearbest and to have it sent back for a full refund

I read about this phone months ago and quickly ordered during the presale but other phones have been released now that are comparable and honestly, even if I spend a hundred or more on a phone that actually works out the box then that's at least something.  To receive a phone with a bug making it so you need to go through a wipe/reset every time the phone restarts it not what i expect when spending $300 on a phone - I've bought Moto for $99 that don't have that issue and work out the box.
Post time 2018-9-13 04:03:16 | Show all posts
For guys which cannot call recovery menu.
Please use PC and flash complet ROM with SPFT
Here is SPFT instruction
http://community.umidigi.com/for ... &extra=page%3D1
And here you have all available ROMs
http://community.umidigi.com/forum-203-1.html

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-13 05:32:29 | Show all posts
Edited by sgoddy at 2018-9-13 05:52 \n\n
Punzo replied at 2018-9-13 01:35
Sorry when you say you're wrong, what does it mean? Could you please explain better the times whic ...

OK, UMIAdmin has posted the correct sequence at the start of this thread. You just do that. But you have to "get it right" as any errors will be punished with the Chinese menu.

This is what I do on my phone. It is possible that yours may act differently. Starting with the phone powered off:
1) Press and hold down the volume up button
2) While still holding the volume up button, press and hold the power button and start counting seconds.
3) Keep holding both buttons down. As you go through 7 seconds, the UmiDigi start screen (with "Powered by Android" at the bottom) will appear. But keep holding and keep counting.
4) Just as you get to 10 seconds, the screen will go black again. I release the power button just after this, but keep holding the volume up button. You can stop counting now and just wait. The start screen will come back again (for me this is around 17 seconds from the start, if I had carried on counting) and then the lying down android with the "No command" text will appear (this is around 24 seconds)
5) You can now let go of the volume up button. Now it's time for stage 2.
6) Press and hold the Power button, and while still pressing the power button, press and release the volume up button. As you release volume up, the English menu will appear. Once this has occurred you can let go of power.

Now use volume down to scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset" and use the power button to select it and it will wipe the entire phone and reset it back. No need for external PC programs running or anything like that.

What I have just put is exactly the same as UMIAdmin put at the start, but if at step 2 you don't hold the buttons down for long enough, you'll get the Chinese menu. If you hold them down for too long, it will power off and then back on again. You have to get the sweet spot in the middle to achieve the success you seek.

I managed to do this when my phone first arrived, because there are a number of different ways that Android phones get to the reset menu, and I didn't know then which one the Z2 Pro used. So I tried all of them until I found the right one. I got the timing right by accident, and ended up spending another half an hour trying to get to work a second time. Now that UMIAdmin has posted the exact sequence, I was able to see what I was getting right by accident and now it is easy to repeat every time.

Hope that helps for those having trouble getting it to reboot. Hopefully a fix will be out soon and all this will just be a memory :-)

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-13 08:44:39 | Show all posts
Hey everyone, this is what I have found to get around the hard reset of the phone and still have the pin, pattern or password setup. When you are setting up a finger print, pattern or password it asks at first about setting up a secondary pin, pattern or password, or something like that, and I say "NO" then it goes to the next screen that asks for you to enter the pin, pattern or password and you can enter I believe what you want here and that removes that second required password that it asks for when rebooting. I know have my finger print and face lock setup and when I reboot, it asks for my pin and it goes right to the home page. I understand you might want that added security, but I do not believe I have ever had to enter my pin twice before getting to my home screen. So again, when you are setting up a pin pattern or password, just say "NO" to the first request, why would they put "NO" there anyways and allow you to move forward? I hope this helps!!
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!