UMIDIGI Z2 Pro security bug and update plan

UMIadmin Post time 2018-9-12 12:54:45 From the mobile phone | Show all posts   [Copy link]
211 6740
View: 6740|Reply: 211

UMIDIGI Z2 Pro security bug and update plan

[Copy link]
Post time 2018-9-11 10:37:50 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, dear UMIDIGI fans,

We received feedback from real users that after rebooting on the UMIDIGI Z2 Pro screen lock becomes invalid. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience due to the security problem.

At this moment our engineers already have solutions to this problem. The new update is planned to push out in this week.  

Before the problem is fixed, to use your phone, you need to boot into recovery to perform a factory data reset. To do so, please follow the instructions below.
1. Press and hold the volume-up and power buttons together until your phone restarts. It needs about 10 seconds or a little bit less.
2. When your phone is restarted, immediately release the power button but still hold the vol-up button until you see a lying android figure with an exclamation mark in red triangle on its tummy and ‘No command’.
3. Press and hold the power and vol-up buttons (in this order) together, then release them to call the recovery menu. Now you can move with the volume buttons and select an item with the power button.
4. Move to ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and select it.
5. On the next screen move down to 'Yes...' and select it. Now your phone will be reset to its factory settings.
6. On the next screen press the power button again to reboot your phone

Also, another new update for improving camera performance is also planned in the next two weeks, we will expect a more professional bokeh effect on the UMIDIGI Z2 Pro soon in the future update. Please wait for more updates patiently.

Yours sincerely,Yan

UMIDIGI Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: 2018.09.20

Dear UMIDIGI Fans, due to some circumstances, unfortunately, the update is delayed. Thank you for being patient. Just to let u know,  the new update for UMIDIGI Z2 Pro is planned in this week(before 23rd Sept), the new OTA update will fix the problem with PIN code and pattern invalid problem. A more professional bokeh effect on the UMIDIGI Z2 Pro is planned in the next week.  Problems occur and that's the part of everything. But we regret the inconvenience caused.

Notice, If you press the power & vol-up combination and your Z2 Pro always boots into the Chinese language factory mode, please press again power & vol-up when in the Chinese language factory mode to restart and next time the phone will boot into right recovery mode.

Many thanks for your patient.

Yours sincerely,
Yan

UMIDIGI Team
--------------------------------------------
2018.09.21 update
Here we got a new update for UMIDIGI Z2 Pro:
QQ图片20180921181244.jpg

Changelog:
1. Fix bug with a screen lock.
2. Optimized front and back camera performance.
3. Other mini bugs fixed.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-14 17:05:36 | Show all posts
Well, Thursday has come and gone, now Friday with no news of the planned update.

UMIDigi ADMIN, please provide an update for all users so that expectations can be set. Also notify your distribution channels of this issue, they should be aware of this issue and be prompted to notify users and new Z2 pro owners of the issues and the time frames for resolution.

I assume that there will be detailed release notes so that we, as a community, are all aware of what aspects are being dealt with for each new release? There are many users experiencing common issues, but also some experiencing different ones, so clarity is requested.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-12 16:57:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
My adaptive display not changing the screen brightness either.......

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 3 Day Before | Show all posts
Ossa replied at 2018-9-21 21:11
How i can make a update ?

just press setting/system/about phone/wireless update

and follow the steps.  

threads

credits

credits
Post time 3 Day Before | Show all posts
Hi all,
I received the OTA update this morning, now I have this firmware version:
UMIDIGI_Z2_PRO_V1.0_20180823_20180920-114

With this firmware the problem of the lock screen seems to be solved.
I rebooted the phone several time without problem.
My setting have sequence + fingerprint.

Ciao Gabriele

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 4 Day Before | Show all posts
SUPER-USER replied at 2018-9-20 18:58
Whether motor or key does not matter.
If UMIDIGI sells devices that are not working properly,
the ...

I do not think any of us can search solution to faults in the Z2 pro's operating system.  What we do here is to find out from each others' workaround experience and flaw discoveries.

To fix the operating system is beyond our control and at least an update has been promised by post #160.

Somehow I feel UMI users are more technically minded than the average mobile phone users in that we are also interested in finding, identifying and solving phone problems if they are within our control.

All big phone manufacturers have teething problems when a new phone is launched and UMI is no exception even it is a small manufacturer.  The current security problem with Z2 pro caught me by surprise too but it is not breaking the back of the phone as it works if security is opted out and in some cases using just password.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 4 Day Before | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2018-9-20 04:09
About the Z2 Pro security issue.
The after-boot-up security check needs a working mobile data connec ...

I have just tested what you suggested, and again, this is false, Reset in Recovery, Configure and enable working mobile data, is working, select no when asked about start-up.....reboot, and behold, you must do a new factory reset because it is not recognizing the thing you enterd initially. (initial rom if anybody is curios)

I would really like you and your UMI friends to stop trying to find workarounds for a serious issue and give us a working update for the phone we paid good money for, that will actually do not have the need to reset the phone every time we dare to reboot it.

I can appreciate that you are trying to help, but this is not helping, its making it worse and pissing people off even more.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 7 Day Before | Show all posts
Hello all,

I received my Umidigi Z2 Pro 2 days ago so basically I had the weekend to get the feeling of it over the weekend. Today I had nothing to do I guess and I decided to restart my phone... yes I know, and well as you already know I ran into the security issue, good way to go UMIDIGI!, after doing some research I did find this forum unfortunately I had my phone hard-reset before reading the workaround posts, good thing I did not have any valuable data on the phone yet but I have read a few posts were someone already has its phone with important data so factory reset was not an option. I have wasted time already because now I will have to reinstall everything even with the android backups on google drive still is a waste of time is worth to mention that some banking services apps need the user to make a phone call to its banking phone service in order to activate such apps and again this is a lot of time wasted!. Some things in life, which is too short, cannot be compensated, remunerated, bought or whatever you want to call it and one of them is TIME.

So, UMIDIGI admins, how much TIME from the users who gave you a thumbs up by buying your product do you need?

Thursday is gone obviously and now we don't even have a reply or a release date to have such epic and enormous issue fixed. By the way the "flip to mute" gesture feature does not work at all either.

I have known people who have returned items for less than this and honestly I am wondering why we should not, I still have my old phone and after the pre sale there are a few competitors of yours selling its flagship phones for pretty much the same price.  

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-16 16:06:29 | Show all posts
blueye replied at 2018-9-16 14:33
That's what I will do, sadly.
And this is the reason why I will keep using my "old" Z2 as long as ...

The best solution is to use a seperate lock screen app from the Play store.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 7 Day Before | Show all posts
Edited by andreibu at 2018-9-17 00:39 \n\n
beam replied at 2018-9-16 22:29
Does VoLTE function in your country?
In my country, VoLTE is supported by default on all carriers.
H ...

Hello!
No, VoLTE it is not working.
It is the same with VoWIFI.
I cannot activate it from menu.
My carrier supports both services.
I use the first version of the firmware.
I have also the security bug...Wifi with bad signal.
Cannot use wireless charger because the battery temperature is 75 C after 20 minutes.
The front camera is very bad.
I hope Umidigi will fix this huge bugs.
I will not buy Umidigi phone ever.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-16 09:58:46 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2018-9-15 19:10
Hi Guys.
There is very simple solution and I found this in firs few minutes after receiving device ...

A written way was carried out here. An error of the password when starting by this way certainly. But I can't bring about an error of a password of finger print recognition after a restart as expected and log in after all.

There seems to be present  method only not setting security as screen rock basically.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-11 12:22:57 | Show all posts
error in the proximity sensor in calls. The recalibration does not work

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-11 17:57:04 | Show all posts
Thank you. it's nice to have some information. Lets hope the update does appear on time.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-11 22:20:18 | Show all posts
Great, look forward to it.
If you want me to beta test any future releases I'll be happy to help.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-11 23:07:01 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
While calling or attending ,Opposite side don't hear my audio. I hear them well. But using headphones they can hear too. Did I do think anything to fix this? And one more thing proximity sensor on calls ,screen just gone black after the call is ended then it came back..

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-11 23:12:15 | Show all posts
If you are updating the camera application, please remember to memorize the shooting mode at the time of last time, to set the default of the shooting mode to automatic, to make the shutter sound "disappear" properly.
Thank you. Please do your best.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-12 01:23:54 | Show all posts
Nice to hear the security bug is fixed soon, luckily before I will get my Z2 pro .

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-12 04:46:16 | Show all posts
Thank-you for the update. I can confirm the reboot sequence works fine.

Note to people trying this: If you get the timing wrong, you'll end up with the Chinese menu. Just scroll down and select the bottom entry (which is reboot), then switch off and try again.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-12 09:05:40 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Proximity sensor could not be calibrated. Abrupt stops, blank screen when playing youtube (if your hand happens to block the proximity sensor). And adaptive display is not working or insufficient to detect the amount of light.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-12 12:54:45 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Is any one facing this problem ??. ..incall or out call  ,opposite person not hearing my audio ...
12345678910... 24Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!