70 3386
View: 3386|Reply: 70

UMIDIGI Z2 Pro V1.0_20180830 ROM (unofficial) - SPFT release

[Copy link]
Post time 2018-9-2 06:12:08 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool release of the
V1.0_20180830 system software
for UMIDIGI Z2 Pro

Flash tool operation is recommended to experienced users only. Do not use it if you cannot understand the whole process!
UMIDIGI Z2 Pro receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again. Moreover, flashing with SPFT is the only option to repair (replace) damaged system software.

Please note, this version can not receive automatic wireless OTA update of the next version but you still can flash any version on it with SP Flash Tool

Changelog:
  • GMS certificate added

FOTA version: UMIDIGI_Z2_PRO_V1.0_20180830_20180830-0029

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SP Flash Tool
Resources:

Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6771_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it (if your computer is connected to the internet) or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMIDIGI Z2 Pro if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMIDIGI Z2 Pro to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode. In rare cases a FOTA update can cause more or less serious malfunctions but that means only the update process went wrong, not a badly developed ROM. An updated stock ROM, especially related to the basic functions will not cause any new issues but will solve some of the existing ones.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-9 23:28:59 | Show all posts
Pirroncello replied at 2018-9-9 23:23
Is the only difference between yours and this being TWRP?

TWRP is not a ROM, I am not posting a ROM for this device. It's a touch driven recovery image. It needs to be flashed using SPFT, replacing the stock recovery.

Comments

Could you upload it via a link or something and explain its operation? Thank you.  Post time 2018-9-10 03:25

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-9 22:19:21 | Show all posts
I just registered and the main Z2 Pro forum page does not allow me to create a new topic. I wish to share a TWRP image I've built for this device. Can a Super Moderator comment on the new topic creation restriction ? Thanks.

Comments

Such stuff you can post in off topic section.  Post time 2018-9-11 06:12

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-14 19:27:19 | Show all posts
ldagguba replied at 2018-9-9 05:56
same issue, my PIN is not recognized after a restart. only option i have is to remotely erase and se ...

I have bought 6 Umi Phones in the past without any problems but Z2 Pro is the worst one I have has so many bugs and quite frankly I do not even know if the camera is for real as the specification in UMI Promotion Videos> Does any one know how to check the make of the camera and to check that its is 16 + 8 MP rear and same in front.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-10 20:12:32 | Show all posts
Empzurg replied at 2018-9-10 18:39
I left a negative review on Gearbest and my review seems to have vanished, maybe others on here havi ...

With or without reviews, Umidigi is bound to fix the screen lock issue as it's a deal breaker. I'm confident a new ROM will appear before the end of the week.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-10 18:39:47 | Show all posts
I left a negative review on Gearbest and my review seems to have vanished, maybe others on here having problems could leave reviews on Gearbest and see what happens. More pressure on Gearbest I would hope puts more pressure on Umidigi to fix the issues.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-9 23:20:44 | Show all posts
The current issues I am seeing with this ROM;

1) The Pin/Pattern Lock Screen Issue
2) The Camera app Issue
3) Wifi/Bluetooth is very weak
4) Google Pay doesn't allow for contactless payment.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-9 05:30:22 | Show all posts
I have the same problem, when I set the fingerprint and the pin of the SIM card, when I restart the phone is stuck on the screen to enter the PIN code, no code is valid, I have even removed the pin from my card to see if it was solved, but negative.
Does anyone know how to solve the problem?
Mobile with two days of use.
Thank you

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-9 05:56:40 | Show all posts
same issue, my PIN is not recognized after a restart. only option i have is to remotely erase and setup the phone again. Its a pain. Also, whatsapp video calling caushed the phone to crash. Second day of use of new phone. Pretty disappointed.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-9 13:26:27 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I was a happy user of Umidigi Z2 Pro for at least 3 days until I rebooted my phone. I was puzzled by the software as it was possible to log on to my google account but not the screen. So the only solution is to reinstall android and I avoid using password at all cost to get rid of the same problem. But again new issue emerges. The rear camera is out of focus and sometimes freezes. So the camera becomes useless. It seems that this might be due to a software issue probably a mismatched driver. I hope Umidigi can rectify this issue in the next update.

Comments

Sorry, how could you reinstall Android ??? I'm trying with the method that puts the page, but I do not recognize windows when the phone is off, I have removed the pin to be used, I just need to rei...  Post time 2018-9-10 03:06

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-9 14:51:01 | Show all posts
My Z2 arrived on Friday, I set it all up on Saturday afternoon. The finger print stopped working a few hours later. I restarted the phone on Saturday evening, and I can now not get into the phone. Left it over night, switched off, no better. It lets me through the first pin code, but not the second...
Is there a solution?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-8 00:24:16 | Show all posts
Same issues as the last version still persist:

Once you've setup fingerprint security (and a secondary check e.g pin) upon reboot, the pin is not recognised. I've wiped the phone several times and have tried various options but have yet to find a way around this apart from not configuring any security
If you use the UI Tuner, selecting any config options for the buttons causes the device to lock, reboot and bring up an error message stating the data is corrupt. Only another wipe can fix this
There is no way to get into the bootloader to do a hard reset without starting the phone.. i had to wipe using the remote google tool
Wireless charging works once, then if the phone is picked up and put down it doesn't restart unless the charger is powered off and on. I've tested 2 wireless chargers ( both Umidigi) and both give the same result

Edit - I've updated to the current ROM, tested with and without SIMs (in both slots) on reboot and when wiped.  i've no SIM pin setup, this is simply my the pattern or PIN setup during the initial phone setup.
Edit 2 - Issue 2 only occured on the V1.0_20180830 update for me

When is the next update due as my phone is currently unusable in this state

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-9 15:18:50 | Show all posts
I had the same issue today, the extra start-up security feature takes the code I entered but the lock screen asks for a PIN and nothing works, and so I naturally go to the support page to find not much of it, so looking to Community for help and was about to reinstall the ROM or Android or which ever one this is, only to see others in the comments section having the same issue! UMIDIGI NEEDS TO FIX THIS!! Now I don't know if I should even attempt a reinstall because of the issues others seem to be encountering after trying to fix things with "their" SP FLASH Tool. Should I do a remote Google wipe and reinstall the ROM? Also the MTK Driver auto installer file does not seem to properly change any driver detection capabilities so my phone is not even detected through [device manager] any suggestions anyone? THANK YOU! VERY DEARLY ANYONE WHO WISHES TO ASSIST! will email umidigi about this multi-user phone startup flaw.

Comments

I also do not recognize the device in windows with the MTK Driver program. I have already sent you an email to support the page. Waiting answer. If someone knows how to reinstall the system without...  Post time 2018-9-10 03:10

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-9 17:59:55 | Show all posts
I also had the same problem.
The phone arrived and I set it up with a fingerprint and PIN.
A few hours later I switched it on.
It says 'To start Android, enter your PIN', which works fine.
But once Android is started, it says 'PIN required after device restarts', I enter the same PIN, but it won't accept it.
So now my phone is unusable.
I'm not sure whether to try flashing it, is there any other way to reset it to factory settings?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-9 18:25:38 | Show all posts
I have the same issue, I need a FIX urgently as the pin and camera issues are causing major difficulties.

I am not a technical person but managed to do a hard reset of the phone based on limited research.

If clear, concise guidance can be posted for all to be able to follow it will be appreciated. Otherwise this great phone is a useless paperweight and will be going back to Umidigi / Gearbest for good.

Comments

I think the same thing I will do, as the problems persist I return the two terminals that I bought them. This selling a phone without having tried it is a real fudge. You could explain how you did the   Post time 2018-9-10 03:13

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-9-9 20:17:45 | Show all posts
I also had the same problem.
Once I've setup fingerprint security (and a secondary check e.g pin) upon reboot, the pin is not recognised.
1234567Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!