54 5904
Author: Wendy

Umidigi s2 pro-Android 8

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-3-30 22:00:11 | Show all posts
hello in general all customer Wait a new rom to correct the Biggest bug know in this forum.
- Green pictrue whit flash
- Bad quality to the camera ( it's biges this bad quality when you zoom it's can't make the focus.)
- Camera software bad, bug on the text crossing
- 2 cameras lens on the  S2 pro, but only one used, the software camera can't use and manage the second lens...., or if yes where ??

Thanks to your feedback.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-3-31 15:17:36 | Show all posts
If you actually took the time to read the reviews they are stated to being upgraded to
Oreo updates,the specs do not and never have told the whole story.as you
must be aware,devices can look brilliant by reading specs...the reality however
can often be something completely different.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2018-3-31 19:11:30 | Show all posts
Edited by kajsa_katt at 2018-3-31 19:30 \n\n

rickie19050 replied at 2018-3-31 15:17
If you actually took the time to read the reviews they are stated to being upgraded to
Oreo updates ...

You know that you just did a 180 degree turn in your argument, I suppose?

rickie19050
There are plenty of devices on the market that have mtk p25 chip in them that are running or will be upgraded to Oreo.just type mtk p25 Oreo into google search and read through the posts.
So why won't an umidigi device running mtk p25 work with Oreo?  

[Can you please quote some (one...) examples of MTK P25 devices that are running Android Oreo? Should be easy after your Google search..]

rickie19050
Samsung ON,Tecno AX8,Bluboo S1 all reported to be running mtk P25 and running  or having an ota update to Odeo.there are others but
why should I do your search for you?

[Cause you're obviously better at searching than I.
None of the handsets you mention [according to their specs] runs Android 8. On the issue of OTA - I'll believe it when I see it...]

rickie19050
If you actually took the time to read the reviews they are stated to being upgraded to Oreo updates,the specs do not and never have told the whole story.as you must be aware,devices can look brilliant by reading specs...the reality however can often be something completely different.

As everyone who has bought a UMiDIGI "flagship class" phone well knows - you're completely right in your latest post if I decipher it correctly...

Thanks/Erich

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-4-1 15:48:28 | Show all posts
I have a umi super,that,apart from the camera being slightly off focus,
that actually works very well.I also have a umidigi S2 pro that is absolute
rubbish with more faults than I care to list.a "flagship class" phone ....I like that
description....that is anything but that.it lives in its box,as it is unusable.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2018-4-1 21:20:31 | Show all posts
Edited by kajsa_katt at 2018-4-1 23:17 \n\n

rickie19050 replied at 2018-4-1 15:48
I have a umi super,that,apart from the camera being slightly off focus,
that actually works very wel ...

I know exactly what you mean: I've had four UMi Rome X handsets. Sold off to friends who were impressed with them and bought new ones for myself. All four of them still working OK as far as I know - have not heard of any premature deaths...

They had excellent cameras [Sony 8 mpix] and produced MUCH better pictures than both my Crystal 4/64GB and my UMiDIGI S. Both of these were bought on preorder. After the Rome X experience I naturally expected the new handsets to give me a better user experience and a better camera. Hahh!!

The Crystal is actually OK with clean Android 7 as long as you don't try to upgrade through OTA.... but the camera is miserable. More pixels but less picture, so to speak...

And my UMiDIGI S. Don't get me started... UMiCRAP OS... Camera sucks... what more can I say... Beautiful hardware, though.

Now I'm using the Vernee MIX2. Pure Android 7. Not much to complain about.
Half the price of S2 Pro with almost the same specs... Less memory [4/64 GB], though.

But I'm starting to save up for the new Huawei P20 Pro. Also going to buy it at a local retailer. Expensive, but seems to be the best bet for a decent phone camera today with actual after sales support!

Thanks/Erich

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-4-2 16:06:27 | Show all posts
I have to agree with your comment about excellent hardware,for the money it is
beyond criticism. But let down by such poor software.Its probably the worst I have come
across.I am continuing to use my super as a daily driver,but I too am looking for
a new phone and the Hauwei does look really good in both hardware and software
+ decent after sales support.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2018-4-2 19:54:47 | Show all posts
Edited by kajsa_katt at 2018-4-3 07:16 \n\n
rickie19050 replied at 2018-4-2 16:06
I have to agree with your comment about excellent hardware,for the money it is
beyond criticism. Bu ...

The ONLY good thing with UMiCRAP OS is that UMiDIGI obviously has decided to kill it off!!

Also you may have noted that it was extremely close to Apple IOS [yechh...!] in its goal to lock in the users
to UMiDIGI's idea of what's good for you [or rather, for UMiDIGI....].

And, if Android users were as stupid as the average Apple user, they might have succeded in their aim....

But, so it was not, thankfully. I only hope that UMi gets it. The damage to the brand is immense, I suppose. Combined with UMiDIGI's aim to release a swarm of handsets with a service life length of 4 to 6 months and sketchy after sales support I think this must have cost UMiDIGI a pretty penny.

Personally I would not have even looked at Vernee or contemplated paying upwards of 900$ for a Huawei if UMiDIGI had played its cards right: Good, cheap hardware with clean, rootable Android.

Thanks/Erich

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-4-3 15:26:09 | Show all posts
There is no way I will ever contemplate an apple device,
that's just a big no from me,have,and always will be,an android fan.
I so agree that had umi/umidigi dine their homework and market research,
they really could have captured a good share of the market and had an extremely
loyal fan base.I don't get the need to rush phones to market,especially when next
to no work has been done on the software side of things.
As  a fan of stock android I don't see how they've got things so wrong,it seems
simple enough to me,stock android deployed,no skins to worry about,so all should be good.
And yes,a clean easy way to root would've been ideal,they were half way there on some models,
due to allowing the bootloader to be unlocked so easily.
Regards
Rickie

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-4-10 00:00:36 | Show all posts
I also wish S2 Pro used Android 7, or Android 8, not Umidigi OS. What is Umidigi OS, can we trust an android OS that is not pure Android OS?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-4-18 19:34:56 | Show all posts
Edited by Wiera at 2018-4-18 19:41 \n\nSo... Umidigi S2 Pro won't be never on Oreo... OK! BUT! There are a lot of issues with the existing ROM. No secondary camera usage. But why? The phone does not using the secondary camera on the back. The launcher is a piece of s.it... When waking up the phone, it is slowing down. Can't type nothing, like a Galaxy Ace I... With 6GB ram, and a boosted processor may should be better performance there. Why not optimizing the UMI OS? Why not doing nothing for the existing costumers? You will lose the costumers, and the costumers will tell others, that NOT TO BUY A NOT SUPPORTED, overadvertised tamagochi... DO a freakin update to fix these problems. In europe we have the chance to sue the Firm for deceiving the buyer... (overadvertising, no secondary camera, no support, no security updates, no nothing...)

You don't need this, and the costumers also don't need this. LET US HAVE A STABLE ROM, and an optimized phone please..:!

And now I'm still using UMIDIGI_S2_PRO_V1.0_20171227 OV... No updates via WIFI
123456Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!