6 586
View: 586|Reply: 6

Anybody install a different launcher ?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-18 01:46:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
Has anybody successfully installed a different launcher such as Nova or other, from Google PLAY, and if so did the S2 Pro function okay?  (I had to disable the stock Umidigi theme app which controls lock screen wallpaper, etc because malware was detected in that app, so I want to look at installing a PLAY store launcher app to regain control of lock screen wallpaper.)

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-1-19 02:21:55 | Show all posts
I sort of solved this. I disabled the umi Theme app as it has adware/PUP but because of that I can not choose a wallpaper or lock screen wallpaper from the Theme app. Easy to pick and apply a normal wallpaper using various photo apps, but for the lock screen I was out of luck--- until I installed the PLAY store app from Microsoft called Picturesque. Picturesque lets you pick your own lock screen wallpaper or choose one of theirs, lets you configure you PIN or pattern etc for unlocking your phone. So I am find now with THeme app disabled.

I have all malware / adware / PUPs disabled on my Umidigi S2 Pro now. Has cost me hours or my time. I still do not trust the phone for online banking or my regular private email so I am in shopping mode to find an alternative phone and when I do I will sell my S2 Pro on ebay, I regret buying this phone purely because of the adware and unknown potential malware that could be hardwired into the phone. Ugh, sigh,

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-18 15:12:18 | Show all posts
Not properly with out installing the vanilla rom

Nova launcher installs / works mostly but you get the added bonus of having to relaunch it from the Umi one if you exit out of programs instead of task switching

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-4-10 20:38:55 | Show all posts
Midiman replied at 2018-1-19 02:21
I sort of solved this. I disabled the umi Theme app as it has adware/PUP but because of that I can n ...

Thank you , good information!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-4-13 17:02:39 | Show all posts
hey bro
watch this video
it can help you .
you can install any luncher you want on your umi os ( without flash unofficial rom )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... 0c.1523561162848832

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-4-16 02:40:48 | Show all posts
nie działa

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 6 Day Before | Show all posts
If you install the basic unofficial ROM then Nova launcher works well (for me). But couldn't change the lock screen.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!