New Umidigi S2 pro experience

tallnutt Post time 2018-2-7 09:02:13 | Show all posts [Copy link]
81 4578
Author: tallnutt

New Umidigi S2 pro experience

[Copy link]
Post time 2018-1-28 02:24:29 | Show all posts
tallnutt replied at 2018-1-26 14:20
What is the 'unofficial rom'? How do I install it, because I don't have a Windows PC?

Also, some ap ...

Unfortunately only with PC can install unofficial ROM.This is strange because some users complaining about Wi-Fi switching off and now you complaining that the Wi-Fi staying on. Go to settings, Wi-Fi in settings you have keep Wi-Fi during sleep.......
Please check other settings,
In Settings - Battery you can choose the Regular Power Saving option to avoid wifi/bt disconnections, and also all messaging apps should be enabled in the list of 'Active apps after screen lock

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-1-28 06:33:38 | Show all posts
? No I said the wifi was turning off. But it has stopped that now after I disabled Aging Test and some other non essential system apps. Also uninstalled some adware (sorry can't remember what it was called). I'd still like to know where I can find the rom. The latest weird problem is sometimes the phone almost freezes and goes extremely slow.. seems to be when using Chrome. There just seems to be one problem after another with this phone OS.
Post time 2018-1-29 06:18:14 | Show all posts
tallnutt replied at 2018-1-28 06:33
? No I said the wifi was turning off. But it has stopped that now after I disabled Aging Test and so ...

http://community.umidigi.com/forum-178-1.html

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-2-5 09:16:09 | Show all posts
A few weeks later, status report. The wifi turning off problem has gone away. Disabling 'Aging test' seemed to stop that. The phone is mostly working fine on Umi OS, except apps are still being cleaned when they shouldn't and Facebook always closes in the background and then quite often it won't load again until about the third attempt. Gmail notifications do not work. Have used the bluetooth recently and it seems ok. Range about the same as my old Xiaomi redmi.

The camera is supposed to be capable of long exposure but in Camera FV-5 it will not work.

I think I will try installing the stock basic ROM because I can't live without gmail or Facebook.

T.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-2-5 13:57:35 | Show all posts
Where is this 'aging test' option?

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-2-5 19:48:06 | Show all posts
Aging test is a nonessential system app that you can disable in the application settings.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-2-6 08:36:42 | Show all posts
I have taken the plunge and flashed the unofficial basic ROM. I unchecked the 'user partition' item and yes, my user data is all intact . So far - same Facebook not loading problem. No clock. Can't see how to get a clock, I guess I have to download a widget. I may try the nova launcher, I don't think I like the google one much. So far, apps seem to be staying in memory, which is great. Phone feels smoother.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-2-6 13:48:10 | Show all posts
tallnutt replied at 2018-2-6 08:36
I have taken the plunge and flashed the unofficial basic ROM. I unchecked the 'user partition' item  ...

Please keep posted. I will follow cues from you.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-6 21:03:50 | Show all posts
FIX THE FACEBOOK PROBLEM
FIX THE CAMERA
FIX BLUETOOTH RANGE
THEN IS A GOOD PHONE....
COME ON... DO IT!

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-2-7 09:02:13 | Show all posts
I have now put nova launcher on the basic unofficial ROM. It was very easy to do, just download from Play Store. Everything seems much much better. Runs smooth and fast. Facebook sometimes still restarts but not very often. Gmail is still cleaned in background, but unlike on umiOS, now the notifications work instantly. Most apps stay in RAM and are not cleaned. Its like having a new phone.. I think even the screen looks better. I haven't found any major problems yet.

Very happy.
12345678Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!