28 888
Author: keiar

The bluetooth is horrible...

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-26 16:23:20 | Show all posts
I've got a brand new Umdigi S2 Pro and whilst I can connect Bluetooth devices, the range and strength of connection are utterly appalling. I've tried multiple Bluetooth devices and compared them side by side by side, metre by metre against a Samsung Galaxy Note S4. The Note maintains a perfect connection up to around 10 metres whilst the S2 Pro struggles to maintain a connection within a metre; sometimes directly next to the device. This applies to Bluetooth speakers (Audio Pro T3), headphones (Ministry of Sound) and BT in-car stereo devices (Sony)...all of which I would argue are high quality BT devices and, most importantly, that I've never had ANY previous connectivity problems.

I really hope that this is something that can be rectified through the release of a software patch/OTA update, as the phone itself is pretty good. However, due to the nature of the use of my phone, it renders it pretty much useless for the activities I employ a phone for! In the meantime, have any of you good people out there got any advice on the matter, including how I lodge the issue with Umdigi themselves, or has this been raised with them several times before? Thanks.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-26 17:48:57 | Show all posts
My Bluetooth disconnects randomly as well. Some times it connects again and sometimes I have to restart the phone to get Bluetooth to connect to anything.  I am using the latest unofficial rom

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-26 19:16:38 | Show all posts
TWellsCoops replied at 2018-1-26 16:23
I've got a brand new Umdigi S2 Pro and whilst I can connect Bluetooth devices, the range and strengt ...

I concurr with you.
The Bluetooth range/strength is just horrible. I have a Meizu EP52 bluetooth headphones, these work flawlessly and without interupptions in tandem with my OnePlus1/2.

With S2 Pro having in my pant pocket and Headphone on, i get frequent interruptions. Only if there is clear line of sight the signal is OK.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-26 22:33:28 | Show all posts
pavanmankala replied at 2018-1-26 19:16
I concurr with you.
The Bluetooth range/strength is just horrible. I have a Meizu EP52 bluetooth h ...

Poor, isn't it? Even with line of sight, the connection with my S2 Pro is terribly unstable. It's a HUGE problem in my book, that needs addressing as a matter of urgency as it undermines an otherwise reasonable phone.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-28 02:57:13 | Show all posts
ClassicRedEye replied at 2018-1-26 17:48
My Bluetooth disconnects randomly as well. Some times it connects again and sometimes I have to rest ...

In Settings - Battery you can choose the Regular Power Saving option to avoid wifi/bt disconnections, and also all messaging apps should be enabled in the list of 'Active apps after screen lock

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-1 04:13:49 | Show all posts
i have an umidigi S2 my bluetooth is also terribly bad. I wonder if all umidigi have bad bluetooth

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-7 18:22:06 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2018-1-28 02:57
In Settings - Battery you can choose the Regular Power Saving option to avoid wifi/bt disconnecti ...

Sadly, that still doesn't fix the dire Bluetooth range from the S2 Pro.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-7 19:13:09 | Show all posts
I decided I'd seen enough of the S2 Pro and sent it back to GearBest for a full refund - it wasn't fit for purpose. GearBest, to be honest, were absolutely brilliant in the speed and manner of processing my request...I only had to return the phone to a UK address too!

Terrible Bluetooth signal aside, I wasn't happy with the speed or quality of the camera. If that was a Sony optic then I'm a monkey's uncle! Very poor pictures and horrendously slow to capture. As to why Umdigi felt the need to put one fake lens on the rear of the camera then I will never know. Truly ridiculous, infantile marketing ploy.

Waterproof? Rubbish. It's as splash-proof as any other smartphone, but that's it...hence the reason why the warranty doesn't cover any water damage to the internals. More than a marketing ploy; it's an advertising scam that I doubt would be allowed by the ASA here in the UK.

Given that the screen is, allegedly, a piece of kit manufactured by Sharp, then that's a disappointment too. Poor viewing angles and not really that bright...then again, after a Samsung Super Amoled screen, everything else looks a bit flat and dull. I've gone back to a second hand Samsung Galaxy S5...it's a quarter of the price of the Umdigi S2 Pro, yet twice the phone in so many ways. It's lighter, brighter, faster, better camera, IP67 water resistant with a camera that knocks spots off the S2 Pro.

Sorry for the negativity to you owners out there, but I'm being honest and factual. However, judging by the number of 'New - other' Umdigi S2 Pros being offered for sale on eBay, many other buyers have drawn similar conclusions to myself. After the glowing 'independent reviews' from bloggers and other online marketeers, it would appear that these same authors have been 'incentivised' to lavish such praise. Why else would they be so complimentary about a 'flagship killer' which, I'm afraid to say, this phone is certainly not?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-8 00:35:28 | Show all posts
I have the same disconnect problem with bluthoot, I'm on the lastest basic ROM.
I took forever to pair to my car's radio (had to try more than 10 times). Then it's always disconnecting while listening to music.
please fix
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!