39 1675
View: 1675|Reply: 39

Brand New Umidigi S2 Pro Phones don't make or receive Phone Calls

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-12-29 00:08:57 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by hdietrich777 at 2018-1-10 23:16 \n\nI need Help, please.  Cannot successfully Make or Receive Phone Calls with (2) Umidigi S2 Pro Phones.  It is important for Phones to have that capability.  So far Gearbest has been extremely lame.  NO  Help!  Perhaps someone here can help, please?

Thank you...

Umidigi S2 Pro 2.jpg Umidigi S2 Pro 3.jpg
Umidigi S2 Pro 1.jpg

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-3 05:26:12 | Show all posts

Brand New Umidigi S Phones don't make or receive Phone Calls

Edited by FromHawaii at 2018-2-11 07:28 \n\n
I bought the S 5.5 phone (not the S2 or Pro) in October 2017 and it never worked straight out of the box.
There is a huge issue with the INCALLUI app with the S models.
You can not answer and or send calls.

SAME ISSUE as the person with the S2 on page 1 - see photo on page 1.
http://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=16564

The error "INCALLUI keeps stopping" pops up all the time.
Nobody can guarantee that your version of this phone works straight out of the box without this well known error.

We tried everything like factory reset, clean cache, reset apps, everything including help on YouTube.
We bought this phone from GAGA-Mart owned by Mr. Frank LI / AlieExpress.
GagaMart / Frank Li now offers $13.00 (THIRTEEN) refund for a phone that we paid for $177.00 in October 2017.
GagaMart / Frank Li keeps weaseling out by refusing to give his return address, because the phone is still under warranty.
GagaMart / Frank Li suggested we have the phone repaired locally, but then I loose the factory warranty.
Besides that no repair shop in Honolulu knows anything about this brand. And if so that would cost me too.

THE ONE YEAR FACTORY GUARANTEE MEANS NOTHING!

Do not trust any one selling UMI phones. UMI can not be trusted either!
No solutions, just a crappie UMI forum and a contact address that actually means "do NOT contact us"!

Nobody who buys a new phone should have to go through all this.

SHAME ON GAGA MART-Frank Li, ALIEEXPRESS AND UMI!

if you can not read the picture attachment below CLICK ON IT.

GaGaMart Frank Li.PNG

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-1-12 00:25:27 | Show all posts
Edited by hdietrich777 at 2018-1-12 00:31 \n\n
megamindsg replied at 2018-1-11 08:14
Actually i was able to restore the imei number temporarily but still incallui doesn't work.

I cannot adequately describe my Extreme Disappointment when (after waiting for a month) Our Phones arrived and discovered that they Could Not…Would Not successfully Make or Receive Phone Calls!!!

After poking around, I could make a Phone Call but not HANG UP!  Or I could I COULD NOT ANSWER an IncomingCall!!!
Gearbest offered ZERO Help or Support!

GIANT DISCLAIMER!!!:
Proceed at your own risk!  But when I started poking around, I figured...CRAP! The Phone Already Doesn't Work and Gearbest Definitely Sucks!
  • I Downloaded and Installed 2 Dialer Launch APPS.  Google Now Launcher and Drupe.
  • Neither worked...this is when I began 'playing around with Settings'.
  • SETTINGS
  • APPS...
  • Select 3 Dot Menu upper right
  • Select 'Show System'
  • All components are now displayed
  • Scroll to 'InCallUI'
  • I can't recall, but if you can start by removing all Cache...do it.  Scroll throughout and make sure there are NO Permissions...NOTHING!  EVEN UNDER ADVANCED!  I'm not sure if this is before or after 'FORCE STOP' and 'DISABLE'.  Either way, you want the End Result to show InCallUI 'ENABLE' and everything below with a Big, Fat NO!
  • Back out and select 'Initiator'
  • Pretty much repeat steps for 'InCallUI'.   The only thing is...'Initiator' Will Not Be Disabled but You Can Castrate It!
  • Back out and select 'Dialer&Contacts'
  • Castrate This UMI Crap!  You will be able to 'DISABLE' This One Entirely!

• So to Recap...InCallUI, Initiator and Dialer&Contacts...Pull the Rug Out From Under As Much As Possible.
  • Can't Recall if I did anything with 'Auto Dialer', but mine is currently showing Everything GREYED OUT...Or 'Call Management'...mine shows Active
  • You will receive Notifications to ALLOW from time to time. BUT Always Say 'NO' after Checking the 'Don't Show Again' Box.

• We're Not Through...
  • Now I'm Struggling to remember...
  • Back Out to Top of  'SETTINGS'
  • Select 'NOTIFICATIONS'
  • Scroll to 'Dialer&Contacts'
  • Make Sure ALL DOTS ARE OFF!
  • It should read 'DISABLED' in the Main 'NOTIFICATIONS' Tree
  • Scroll to 'Initiator'
  • 'Initiator' Won't Show 'DISABLED' but Make Sure ALL DOTS ARE OFF!

• Now Back Out to Top of  'SETTINGS'
  • Select 'PERMISSION MANAGEMENT'
  • Select 3 Dot Menu upper right
  • Select 'System auto startup app(s)'
  • 'Confirm'only if you acknowledge You Can Really Screw Stuff Up HERE!
  • Make Sure that 'Dialer&Contacts', 'InCallUI' and 'Initiator' are OFF

• I may have poked around 'APP Permissions' making selections in 'Contacts' and 'Phone' and maybe others...Don't Remember.  Be Wise!

• *** Finally, after all that and only with Drupe doing an Update...I had a working Phone.  I could Dial Out SUCCESFULLY and Answer Calls SUCCESSFULLY and HANG UP!!!
  • All without INCALLUI constantly reminding me to Dislike UMI OS!
  • If either InCallUI or Initiator Pop-Up...make sure if it is seeking more than one Permission, to Select box Don't Ask AGAIN Each Time!
  • I never went back to try Google Now Launcher because I'm very pleased with Drupe.
  • Who knows what a REAL Update from Umidigi will do, but I'm sure it'll be interesting.

I hope this Helps.

Gearbest absolutely SUCKS!
Umidigi...Grade Yourself!

Comments

I am having the same problems but with the S 5.5 straight out of the box. Bought through AlieExpress from GaGa Mart, Mr. Frank Li. GaGaMart refuses to send us their return address. Avoid like plague!!  Post time 2018-1-21 09:09

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-11 08:14:51 | Show all posts
megamindsg replied at 2018-1-11 07:33
Actually i tried to do that a long time ago but unfortunately neither of those rom contains the db ...

Actually i was able to restore the imei number temporarily but still incallui doesn't work.

threads

credits

credits

Best New UMIerMost Active UMIerWarmest Heart UMIerUMIerBest UMI ContributorBest ModeratorBest UMI Product Team MemberDie-Hard UMI Fans

Post time 2018-1-8 02:28:36 | Show all posts
Tharonil replied at 2018-1-7 13:51
Edited by Tharonil at 2018-1-7 14:14 \n\nI'm looking forward to receive my new Umidigi s2 pro which ...

Please do not make decisions before receiving and testing your new phone.
Different users have deferent expectations for devices and I am sure that you will be happy with high specification, very long battery lasting, designed, feeling, etc

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-6 10:01:47 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2018-1-5 07:40
Please flash latest official firmware with SPFT. But also you can try unofficial firmware.
Here i ...

Thansk for replying. First i checked for udates and installed OTA update. Still didn't work. Then I tried every rom. The problem still persists. I even tried clearing caches and trying it in saafe mode. Nothing helped.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-1-7 06:20:53 | Show all posts
agllp replied at 2018-1-5 13:02
Why do I have to do all that if it is a brand new phone, and what if performing that would void the  ...

I agree with you entirely.  Gearbest has been Negative help.  They also instructed me to do things which would void the warranty.

I finally found a workaround.

Why would a stock phone be incapable of making and receiving phone calls?  Most people have no idea how to upgrade Firmware and shouldn't be expected to.  Shame on Umidigi and shame on Gearbest.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-13 05:30:31 | Show all posts
yeah i had this same problem. idk what carrier you have but i have tmobile. when i didnt have a sim card in/used my roommate's sim (on at&t) everything was peaches. idk you may need to get a new sim card (a tmobile one is $25 i dont know jack shit about at&t).
my bandaid situation was to use the google hangouts dialer app. nothing bad happened when i was using it and i could make/take calls

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-1-9 03:16:47 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2018-1-8 02:34
Blaming everybody and telling only that you found workaround without sharing informations is not s ...

I haven't blamed everybody...just the Manufacturer and the Seller.

I haven't seen any requests for the workaround.

Plus, I have little confidence in Umidigi or Gearbest to Not blame me if anything went sideways.

If anyone wants me to attempt to recall my steps...they can post their email address here.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-13 21:33:24 | Show all posts
Tharonil replied at 2018-1-7 13:51
Edited by Tharonil at 2018-1-7 14:14 \n\nI'm looking forward to receive my new Umidigi s2 pro which ...

put it this way
i did not have any calls issue, but i am pretty sure you will not find this phone worth what you have paid for.

If you do not trust me, that is fine, afterall its your money, but u will find out this fact in a matter of 1 month time.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-1-7 06:05:13 | Show all posts
agllp replied at 2018-1-5 13:07
Why do I have to do all that if it is a brand new phone, and what if performing that would void the  ...

I finally found a workaround.

threads

credits

credits

Best New UMIerMost Active UMIerWarmest Heart UMIerUMIerBest UMI ContributorBest ModeratorBest UMI Product Team MemberDie-Hard UMI Fans

Post time 2017-12-29 00:32:38 | Show all posts
Please go to settings and perform factory reset (settings - backup and reset - factory data reset), then go to settings and update firmware (settings - about phone - wireless update - check for updates)
If you can't update your phone and fault still existing please follow SPFT tutorial and flash complete latest ROM.
Here is SPFT instruction
http://community.umidigi.com/thread-11-1-1.html
Also here you have all available ROMs
http://community.umidigi.com/forum-178-1.html

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-12-31 05:42:20 | Show all posts
Hi, MarcinP.  Thank you for your kind response.

I have performed numerous Factory Resets with Both Phones.  Always the same.  Both phones have the latest Software/Firmware.  When I notice a newer Version, I will try it.  Thanks again.

Hans

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-5 06:35:13 | Show all posts
I am having the same problem. Did anyone fount the solution?

threads

credits

credits

Post time 2018-1-5 07:40:20 | Show all posts
megamindsg replied at 2018-1-5 06:35
I am having the same problem. Did anyone fount the solution?

Please flash latest official firmware with SPFT. But also you can try unofficial firmware.
Here is SPFT instruction
http://community.umidigi.com/thread-11-1-1.html
And here all available ROMs
http://community.umidigi.com/forum-178-1.html

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-6 06:23:30 | Show all posts
i have the same problem with my umidigi s2 pro just received it today and can't make or receive phone calls i get the same error message, i have tried factory reset, i have tried erasing the cache on the "incallui" and nothing.

threads

credits

credits

Post time 2018-1-6 06:24:36 | Show all posts
Gamer4life replied at 2018-1-6 06:23
i have the same problem with my umidigi s2 pro just received it today and can't make or receive phon ...

Please follow this thread
http://community.umidigi.com/thread-16595-1-1.html

threads

credits

credits

Post time 2018-1-7 01:09:58 | Show all posts
megamindsg replied at 2018-1-6 10:01
Thansk for replying. First i checked for udates and installed OTA update. Still didn't work. Then  ...

Did you use this ROM
http://community.umidigi.com/thread-16595-1-1.html
1234Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!