Easy way to flash the Google stock rom on the S2 Pro?

adriano72 Post time 2018-2-5 18:14:05 | Show all posts [Copy link]
15 2978
View: 2978|Reply: 15

Easy way to flash the Google stock rom on the S2 Pro?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-12-23 04:11:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
I got myself and S2 Pro a few days ago -- great phone from the hardware standpoint. From the software standpoint -- a disapponting launcher, and a rom filled with un-installable bloatware. A few minutes after using it I felt like either giving it away or dumping the junk-filled rom and replacing it with the Google stock rom. Possibly the latest version of Android.
Does anyone know a way to do so? I found a few sites with steps by step but they look SEO honeypots with rather unreliable info.

Thanks!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-10 17:55:45 | Show all posts

Umidigi S2 Pro team Good Work... Handset is awesome....

Please slove below bugs...

Bugs...
1.        Proximity sensor not working Calling goes in sleep mode
2.        Sometimes Virtual keys not work (need to click very accurate) I think need to increase size of Virtual Key Panel...
3.        In contacts sometimes touch not works....
4.        App opens very slowly...
5.        Internet not working properly…
6.       Need gesture support, double tab,etc...

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-11 00:15:57 | Show all posts
Im pretty sure if a moderator here answer you, they will give you the only option of installing the unofficial rom, which they will say its the same OS but with no bloatware and more freedom.
Dont do it, installing it brings you more problems than solutions. Unfortunetly this is the only answer they give in here, always. Theres no other solution unless Umi realize their os is trash, gives attention to their customers and change it, meanwhile we are trapped with this terrible UmiOs. Best you can do is wait for Umi to do something and alert everyone by leaving reviews where ever you can about this disappointment of phone.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-1 09:40:59 | Show all posts
OA18897 replied at 2018-1-11 00:15
Im pretty sure if a moderator here answer you, they will give you the only option of installing the  ...

Why do you say it brings more problems?
Post time 2018-2-1 12:00:22 | Show all posts
Santi_Hache replied at 2018-2-1 09:40
Why do you say it brings more problems?

Same question from me as the creator and daily user of that basic ROM. Please describe your issues if you have any.
To answer to the original question, there's no way to install a google stock ROM on this phone since such releases are not available.
Post time 2018-2-1 12:09:44 | Show all posts
sagar4u replied at 2018-1-10 17:55
Umidigi S2 Pro team Good Work... Handset is awesome....

Please slove below bugs...

1. You can calibrate the proximity sensor in Settings --> Display2. I can't confirm your statement. Please install a touch screen tester app and check whether your touch screen is accurate and sensitive enough in the bottom area.
3. Same test should be run.
4. Which app for example? The Basic Edition ROM can make your phone run faster.
5. Please try to be a bit more detailed. WiFi or mobile net and which browser you use.
6. Gesture support will probably not be added but you can add some controls to the fingerprint scanner in Settings -- > Security --> Fingerprint.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-1 13:29:07 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2018-2-1 12:00
Same question from me as the creator and daily user of that basic ROM. Please describe your issues ...

Seriously? Just look at the forum of the Rom, I dont think the 11 pages in that thread are only people saying thanks. Look, if youre the creator, thanks for doing it, of course its better than the normal rom but installing it brings more problems to some, maybe not the rom but the process can go wrong. How many people havent comment about how they are stuck installing it, that they format something wrong and lost the fingerprint scanner, they lost their Imei, some are saying the bluetooth keeps going off, etc. Installing the Basic Rom have cause problems to many people (not all) and you can verify it by seeing the forum. Also explain this: in the other answer you said that Basic ROM makes the phone go faster, Why isnt that how the phone is originally? Why the customer has to flash the rom on the phone? why isnt it official? How can umi having a rom that makes faster the phone doesnt OTA it?
Post time 2018-2-2 06:17:26 | Show all posts
OA18897 replied at 2018-2-1 13:29
Seriously? Just look at the forum of the Rom, I dont think the 11 pages in that thread are only pe ...

No, the basic edition causes nothing such issues, especially not losing the IMEI numbers or the fingerprint scanner. Those issues was caused by formatting the whole flash memory, that I don't know why those users performed. With the proper flashing mode (firmware upgrade as the first install and download only as an update) you do not really risk anything, and when just updating, you even can keep your user data like when you're updating via FOTA.
You talked about the (non-existent) issues of the basic edition, not about an unexpected user behavior.
The UMI OS was an idea (not mine) to offer a somewhat unique Android system with special features and richer functionality, but that idea doesn't meet the average western people's expectations. The UMI OS will probably be terminated in the future (the S2 Lite already comes with stock Android) but those models with UMI OS probably can't be updated to standard Android due to the Efuse partition protection.

Post time 2018-2-2 06:21:53 | Show all posts
OA18897 replied at 2018-2-1 13:29
Seriously? Just look at the forum of the Rom, I dont think the 11 pages in that thread are only pe ...

Nobody never ask users to format his device for updating or changing firmware. Also we provided updating or changing firmware instruction but seems nobody read those instructions caused huge issues only by themselves.

threads

credits

credits
QQ
Post time 2018-2-5 18:14:05 | Show all posts
I would just be happy if the phone could connect to the PC.  It simply is not recognised here.
12Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!