17 309
View: 309|Reply: 17

DUAL LENS CAMERA - BOKEH EFFECT, FAKE SOFTWARE EFFECT

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-11-13 05:08:12 | Show all posts |Read mode
due to largely commented problem of many chinese smartphone fake dual lens cameras, i would like to obtain a clarifying technical explanation from UMIDIGI, how actually we can know if this dual lens camera has really any fonction? as per testing videos available on youtube, the bokeh-effect is a software effect, i.e. focus is centered and all around is blurred. a real dual lens camera allows the user to freely chose which area on the picture he wants to have in focus and the background blurring level also can be adjusted directly on the screen before shooting the picture.

can somebody from UMIDIGI explain and/or confirm that this is/will be possible on UMIDIGI S2 PRO camera ??

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-11-13 05:58:13 | Show all posts
In every dual camera bokeh effect is done by system.
Only Umidigi Z Pro got two cameras on back of phone which both could be used to take real pictures. One camera was used to taking coloured pictures and second for black & white pictures.
In other Umidigi devices with dual camera on back of phone one is used to take real pictures and second is also real camera unit but is not used for taking pictures,  only to support first camera with higher amount of light coming to sensor especially in darker conditions and to focus background only in certain conditions.
This setup is increasing pictures quality taken at darker conditions.  

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-11-13 06:08:31 | Show all posts
Of course you can take picture in bokeh effect focused on any object you want only you need point on screen place where you want focus and adjust bokeh effect

Umidigi Z1 bokeh effect

Umidigi Z1 bokeh effect

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-11-13 06:51:00 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-11-13 06:08
Of course you can take picture in bokeh effect focused on any object you want only you need point on ...

but this is from Umidigi Z dual lens camera .... what I want to know is : has UMIDIGI S2 Pro the same feature, i.e. you chose freely where the focus point is and background blur amount? like on model Z ??

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-11-13 15:04:11 | Show all posts
maravilha00 replied at 2017-11-13 06:51
but this is from Umidigi Z dual lens camera .... what I want to know is : has UMIDIGI S2 Pro the s ...

Hi
Yes I can fully confirm that camera app is exactly the same with same options and same bokeh effect.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-11-13 18:29:18 | Show all posts
hi
I have a Umi Crystal and I can not get good pictures with it.
I tested several applications, since the original delivered only 9mpix (for a dual sensor 13 + 5B & W mpix) it is ... light.
Is there an update planned to improve this tool?
My Umi Super took a lot more beautiful.
If there is a solution, it will be welcome
Thank you in advance.

Another thing, an update to Android 8 is planned, because of forul talks about an existing version for the Crystal?

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-11-13 19:19:07 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-11-13 15:04
Hi
Yes I can fully confirm that camera app is exactly the same with same options and same bokeh ef ...

ok thanks for confirmation.
BUT: after having had a closer look to your image showing the bokeh effect configuration on the model Z, i found it strange that the area where the focus points is kind of exactly the same round shape where image appears neat and in focus but then all around is blurred, which looks about same as the fake bokeh effect on other cameras except that it is not centered but freely placed within the image. can you actually show some sample pictures taken with that Z model or even better: with the S2 Pro ? would very much appreciate.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 7 Day Before | Show all posts
SEBGEO67 replied at 2017-11-13 18:29
hi
I have a Umi Crystal and I can not get good pictures with it.
I tested several applications, sin ...

please check the configuration of your picture size: the 13 mp are for standard picture size 4:3, while the 16:9 ratio (larger surface) results in 9 mp !

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 6 Day Before | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-11-13 06:08
Of course you can take picture in bokeh effect focused on any object you want only you need point on ...

actually i forgot to ask: is camera app the same in both models Z and Z Pro ?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 6 Day Before | Show all posts
maravilha00 replied at 2017-11-15 02:36
actually i forgot to ask: is camera app the same in both models Z and Z Pro ?

Both phones contain same design camera app but of course with different features and different options etc.
12Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!