bencebacsi Post time 2017-10-7 11:35:30 | Show all posts [Copy link]
40 1973
Author: bencebacsi

Final specs! UMIDIGI S2 Pro features FHD+, 6+128GB and 16MP front camera

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 2017-10-2 08:47:36 | Show all posts
chooks06 replied at 2017-9-28 20:10
@Bencebacsi

Hi mate, can you help to confirm the NFC availability, the wifi bands and the OS it wil ...

Hi,
NFC is planned to be available in the Mercury Silver edition only but that's a future product.
You can find other specs here: http://www.umidigi.com/page-umidigi_s2_specification.html
Both 2,4GHz and 5GHZ WiFi are supported by all UMIDIGI smartphones with Helio processors, so that's not a question.
The S2 Pro will be shipped with Android 7.0 based UMI OS. Oreo upgrade is planned but we can't promise that at the moment since that project is a future project and still can be affected by many factors.

Author| Post time 2017-10-2 09:29:53 | Show all posts
Tiger2 replied at 2017-9-30 00:07
Edited by Tiger2 at 2017-9-30 00:25 \n\nOk so lets assume your gonna take a gamble and buy one of t ...

In a customer agreement the seller is not a third party but the manufacturer is it. You buy your merchandise from the seller, not from the manufacturer, so the seller is the first party, so responsbile for the warranty as well. If the manufacturer is represented in the buyer's country and the buyer has bought his merchandise domestically, the manufacturer is directly responsible for any damages caused by the fatal malfunction of its products. If you purchase from a foreign country, your seller may offer any long and kind of warranty or not, any consumer protection laws are not applied. UMIDIGI offers an up to 2 years long warranty that can be used by the sellers to get spare parts and replacement devices fom the manufacturer for any warrranty processes. Please don't let yourself be misled by the tabloids but rather read laws.
''Every other manufacturer provides backup to deal with warranty issues'' - What does it mean in your case? UMIDIGI also offers backup to deal with warranty (as I described it above) but if you think about direct warranty processes between the buyer and manufacturer, you can mention Apple only since in their case the manufacturer and the seller is the same entity all over the world.
Just a personal question. Have you ever returned any merchandise that you bought in a local store directly to the manufaturer located in a foreign (possibly overseas) country instead of returning it to the same store? If not, why do you think that, purchasing from overseas (your decision) eliminates the seller's responsibility and gives a special responsibility to the manufacturer?

Author| Post time 2017-10-2 09:36:11 | Show all posts
KodiakShadows replied at 2017-10-1 12:46
In the UMIDIGI store on Aliexpress says that S2 comes with Android 6. I do not believe these phones  ...

The Plus E and the first version (currently available) of S2 both are built with the first generation of the Helio P20 processor (MT6757), while the Z1, Z1 Pro and S is, and the second version of S2 will be built with the second generation of the Helio P20 (MT6757V printed on the chip and with the MT6757D code name in the flasher app). Android 7.x SDK for the first P20 generation is still not provided by MediaTek, so an Android version upgrade is not possible.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-10-2 19:29:00 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-10-2 08:47
Hi,
NFC is planned to be available in the Mercury Silver edition only but that's a future product. ...

Thanks for the info. Specific enough.  Cheers!

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-10-2 22:34:20 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-10-2 09:36
The Plus E and the first version (currently available) of S2 both are built with the first generat ...

Hi,
The reliable information I received when I posted here months ago is that the PLUS E problem is due to the incompatibility of Motherboard and not Mediatek, other phones of other brands and with the same chip has installed the A7.
Maybe in this S2 with P20 are still made with the same component and MB.
I will wait for S2 Pro Silver or S2 Pro Eupora or even for Do***e Mix2 and then I make my choice but only if they come with version A7 and compatible with Oreo.

Author| Post time 2017-10-3 09:27:48 | Show all posts
KodiakShadows replied at 2017-10-2 22:34
Hi,
The reliable information I received when I posted here months ago is that the PLUS E problem  ...

Hi,
That info probably came by some misunderstanding of technical terms and the original poster meant SoC (system on a chip), not motherboard. The motherboard of the Plus E does not contain any parts not compatible with Nougat and that motherboard is basically the same as the one used for the normal Plus, that has received Android 7.0 upgrade. The packing of the SoC contains the RAM chip as well, so the configuration of that two parts make sense. I don't know about any other model built with the first generation of the Helio P20 and LPDDR4 RAM module outside of the Plus E. The S2 is a different story since theoretically that should be built with LPDDR3 RAM. Once I get a test device, I'll be able to know more details.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-4 07:30:25 | Show all posts
where can I buy the Umidigi s2 pro 128GB

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-5 17:13:27 | Show all posts
good morning !, the umidigi s2 pro, will have NFC and notifications light ?. Thank you very much

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-6 05:43:23 | Show all posts
beakelix replied at 2017-10-5 17:13
good morning !, the umidigi s2 pro, will have NFC and notifications light ?. Thank you very much

Notification light yes but no NFC.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-10-7 11:35:30 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-10-3 09:27
Hi,
That info probably came by some misunderstanding of technical terms and the original poster me ...

Okay, So it is the UMI technicians themselves who do not understand anything and this is very serious.
12345Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!