5 Features you want to know about UMIDIGI S2 before buy...

bencebacsi Post time 2017-9-23 19:57:00 | Show all posts  Close [Copy link]
29 1994
Author: bencebacsi

5 Features you want to know about UMIDIGI S2 before buy...

Close [Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-9-22 19:30:11 | Show all posts
Hello Bencebasci,
Thank you for you`re clear answer, i don`t have these phones, and do not know about all the processors made and releases and they`re serialnumbers and differences
and think no regular buyer will be aware of these facts. for us a consumers a P20 processor is a p20 processor and all the same to us
It is not discussed on this forum so i hope you understand these things raises questions and creates great confusion.
I can not verify you`re answer because i don`t have these phones to verify this , just send me a S and a S2 si i will to be able to veryfy this   ( a joke)
i believe it will be the truth .
As the S is released first and the S2 can be concidered as a successor of the S, why using this older processor for the S2?? it is  a very unlogical decision to do and noboddy will expect this.
Umidigi is aware of the fact the S2 never can be updated in the future , in my eyes a very akward thing to do, also marketingwize and in fact it makes the S2 less worth and in my eyes because of that fact
not worth the normal retail prize asked for it and far to expensive because of this fact
it is in fact all about the looks that are so stunning, in my opinion umidigi models are more appealing tot the eye as other brands ,and that is why i was so dissapointed it never will get a update to android 7

i think a lot of buyers will not be aware of the fact the S2 never will get a android 7 update if they are compairing the specs of the different umidigi models
As the S has also the same processor on specs (the difference in P20 models is not communicated)  and running on android 7 they will assume it will get a update to
android 7 soon,  i did !! they will never will expect such a beautifull phone never will get a update to android 7 and in fact is not a normal situation , surely not for that prize,
I made this conclusion, that is why i did cancel the order of the S2, i think a lot of buyers will be very dissapointed if they will discover they`re beautifull new S2 never will get a android 7 update ,
Thank you for you`re clear answer, now i understand the confusion and hope umidigi will not do these things in the future again with new comming models ,

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-9-22 19:35:04 | Show all posts
I wish they see all those comments and topics about the Android version and at least upgrade the S2 to Android 7 (or dreaming about 7.1) or they just will launch a planned obsolescence product.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-9-23 07:28:49 | Show all posts
Edited by bapje at 2017-9-23 08:31 \n\n
Katsutoshi replied at 2017-9-22 19:35
I wish they see all those comments and topics about the Android version and at least upgrade the S2  ...

That is the problem Katsutoshi the used processor can not run on android 7 because it is a older model processor so never will get a android 7 update
it is not the same P 20 processor used in the other never umidigi models, i guess you did not read the explanation Bencebascsi just gave us
Umidigi just had to use the newer p 20 processor like in all the other newer models , that is why a lot of people will be confused and think it will be updatable and will be
very dissapoited,they only say it runs on android 6 now,but do not mention it will not will never get a update to android 7
in fact when buying the S2 you are buying a straight end of life product ,and don`t understand this choice made by umidigi,
If it woud had te same processor as the z1 and the S The s2 would be worth the money asked for, in my opinion now it is not the case because the use of this older p 20 processor.
i can say it is very difficult to chose wich phone to buy
I did some better research now and can say the standard Umidigi S2 Pro will probably be one of the most costeffective phones
T
he fact is with buying the S2 pro you will get far more value for money compaired to the S2 and hope it will be on presale soon

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-9-23 08:52:17 | Show all posts
Bencebacsi, i have another question, can you tell us what the prize of the S2 pro with NFC will  be on presale prize and when to expect the releaese of it??? and did you hear  some news about the euro version ???
in a few weeks i am expecting the S2 pro will be on presale and  have to make a choice, buy it or not??
 Author| Post time 2017-9-23 11:43:51 | Show all posts
bapje replied at 2017-9-23 08:52
Bencebacsi, i have another question, can you tell us what the prize of the S2 pro with NFC will  be  ...

I'm sorry but the release date of the Mercury Silver S2 Pro (with NFC) is not yet known. Maybe only near to the end of this year. That Euro Edition is not advertised anymore, sorry.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-9-23 16:08:13 | Show all posts
So the new umidigi S2 thath i buyed it has no android 7 ????????
You were mixing S2/S2 pro specification make us to beliebe that we are in process to get android 8 !!!!
So i bougt an old phone whith android 6 forever????
I can' believe it.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-9-23 16:11:09 | Show all posts
You will do it again with s2 pro? It's going to have an old nfc the mercury edition maybe?

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-9-23 16:34:27 | Show all posts
Katsutoshi replied at 2017-9-22 19:35
I wish they see all those comments and topics about the Android version and at least upgrade the S2  ...

What about this?

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-9-23 16:38:37 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-9-22 04:58
Which phone are you talking about?

About the new dogee of the person (you delete his post) that say is better than umidigi because more confiable but people says second camera isn't wired.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-9-23 19:57:00 | Show all posts
Edited by Katsutoshi at 2017-9-23 20:12 \n\n
bapje replied at 2017-9-23 07:28
Edited by bapje at 2017-9-23 08:31 \n\n
That is the problem Katsutoshi the used processor can not r ...

Yea, i saw the comment but...
Sony Xperia XA1 have the same chip, not a MT6757V or whatsoever and you know? it comes with Android 7 (and with Android 8 confirmed update).

So, why the first batch can't get Android 7? It's a time and costs question?

123Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!