6GB + 128GB Mercury Silver UMIDIGI S2 Pro, Breathtakingly Beautiful!

bencebacsi Post time 2017-10-21 18:30:08 | Show all posts [Copy link]
76 4621
Author: bencebacsi

6GB + 128GB Mercury Silver UMIDIGI S2 Pro, Breathtakingly Beautiful!

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-20 05:08:30 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-8-17 09:32
The Z1/Z1 Pro is compatible with the USA LTE bands, so the S2 Pro will probably be the same. It's  ...

Hello,

Does anybody knows when it will be avalable from Europe store? Thanks!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-20 22:46:06 | Show all posts
Meridian replied at 2017-10-20 04:22
Thanks a ton! I'm happy to hear that it's okay so far. I'm still extremely bothered by the presenc ...

no problem, to be honest i don't know that my S2 and the crystal was stock android, they defo look and feel stock enough, whats different in umi's take on android? Crystals' android is no really usable daily atm, too much freezes and lags.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-21 18:30:08 | Show all posts
never2fast replied at 2017-10-20 22:46
no problem, to be honest i don't know that my S2 and the crystal was stock android, they defo look ...

Here is the product page for Umi OS: http://www.umidigi.com/page-umidigi_cnote2_umios.html

All of this I do not want or need. I found one review for the older Umidigi S which also came with Umi OS 2.0 and the person said it feels a bit sluggish, which somewhat confirms my suspicion that all this extra stuff slows the device down. There is also the matter of trust. Would you trust a Chinese firm with keeping your device safe? In times of constant threat of government funded hacking, identity theft and bot nets I wouldn't trust a Chinese firm with my security. Having anything like that on a device so close to my personal information, that can keep track of my daliy activities scares me. Then there is the matter of quality. Apparently, from a hardware standpoint, they can put together a good device, but do I turst them with the software? They hardly manage to take care of their own homepage. The very first thing I see when I visit umidigi.com is an outdated pool, their English is worse than mine and there's hardly any information about the upcoming S2 Pro besides a data sheet. The less  they mess with Android, the happier I'd be.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!