559 42999
View: 42999|Reply: 559

Super V7.01_20170607 Android 7.0 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-6-11 02:02:55 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool + OTA release of the
V7.01_20170607 Android 7.0 firmware
for UMI Super

Flash tool operation is recommended for experienced users only. Do not use it if you cannot understand the whole process!
UMI Super receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again.

WARNING!
Always flash this ROM as 'Firmware Upgrade', not 'Download Only' if you are upgrading an Android 6.0 system!

Changelog:
  • Optimized Android 7.0 system power consumption
  • Fast charge failure issue after OTA upgrade fixed
  • Improved Russian translation package
  • Wrong battery capacity (1000mAh) displayed by hardware analyzer apps fixed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

>>>>> ROM: 20170607_c239v55_kw_u1.rar <<<<< - Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6755_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other elements

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMI Super if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop.
1. Connect your UMI Super to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTA (recovery) update

Manual (local) OTA update method instructions
  • Copy the downloaded .zip file to either the internal memory or the SD card of your phone
  • Go to Settings --> About phone --> Wireless update
  • Tap the 3-dot menu button at the top right corner and select Local updates
  • Brows for the ...update.zip file and select it
  • Tap Install now, comfirm the process with OK and wait until the process will be finished

>>>>> Update file for manual OTA update: UMi_Super_V7.01_201710607_update.zip <<<<<

Optional method (in case if the manual OTA update gets stuck): Install from recovery
You need a microSD card (with at least 4GB capacity) installed in your phone!
  • Copy the ...update.zip file to your SD card
  • Press and hold the volume-up and power buttons together until your phone restarts. It needs about 10 seconds or a little bit less if your phone was already powered off.
  • When your phone is restarted, immediately release the power button but still hold the vol-up button until you see a lying android figure with an exclamation mark in red triangle on its tummy.
  • Press and hold the power and vol-up buttons (in this order) together, then release them to call the recovery menu. Now you can move with the volume buttons and select an item with the power button.
  • Move to ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select it.
  • On the next screen brows for the update file and select it. The updating process will start and needs a few minutes to be finished.
  • After a succcessful installation you can read the ''Install from sdcard complete'' message and the recovery menu is available again.
  • Select 'Reboot system now'. Alternatively you can perform a factory data reset here by choosing 'Wipe data/factory reset'

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode. In rare cases a FOTA update can cause more or less serious malfunctions but that means only the update process went wrong, not a badly developed ROM. An updated stock ROM, especially related to the basic functions will not cause any new issues but will solve some of the existing ones.

Post time 2017-8-17 06:23:07 | Show all posts
Olio replied at 2017-8-16 19:29
Stepwise upgade was success. Now I have the latest A7 update.

But now the main speaker (bottom of ...

Jesus guys what are you doing with your phones!!!!
Is looks like nobody here reading updating informations provided in every thread!!!!!!
You can't just jump from one to another ROM with OTA or OTA zip file.
You need update one by one and if you have any type of issues you NEED perform factory reset to remove errors from system.
If nothing is helping you need use SPFT and then you can jump from any ROM without any issues but you NEED follow this instruction
http://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11
Please backup your data on computer and backup apps etc with Google account or any different before flashing or reseting your device.
This will give you full clean and definitely very stable system.
If you have any wear in battery (after one year of using definitely you have wear!!!!!!!) Android 7 will not last same as Android 6 as have a bit higher battery consumption but only under heavy using.
My umi Super with year old battery lasting :
Only idling with one sim card : 8 days on Android 6 and 7
This was tested with two sim cards!
Under heavy using : 1.5 days including 6 - 6.5 hours screen on, 1.5 hours calls on Android 7
2 days including 7 - 7.5 hours screen on, 1,5 hours calls on Android 6
I didn't face any Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, speakers, expanded batteries or any other types of systems bugs on both systems.
Only on my hardware I got a bit less sensitivity of touch on Android 7
Charging was taking 1h and 50 minutes up to 2H and 15 minutes on Android 6 but temperature was a bit higher, on Android 7 is always taking 2H and 25 minutes with way cooler device to protect battery.
Please remember that only latest Android 7 is fully supporting fast charging on all devices also is Bluetooth or other type bugs free.
You need update your car radio as only latest radio softwares supporting Android 7 platform!! This is very important!!!!
This was tested on a lot vehicles and is confirmed.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-7-13 21:16:05 | Show all posts
Hello, I have an Umi Super V7.01_20170308 and when I click on the phone to look for updates it says that I already have the last version. Why?
Why it doen't get the V7.01_20170607 version?

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-11-4 00:09:51 | Show all posts
Tested again this rom.. Overal stability is good and all works fine. I've been testing it for 4 months. Only thing I can say is that battery life is not same as on eragon rom. Max 1day use but my fone is 1,5 years old.. Original battery and screen... Sometimes wifi doesn't work until you reboot. After that it is fine. Now back on eragon rom until it breaks... Than it's time for a new one but no umi.. This time I will buy a fone with released source so i can play with custom roms and kernel.. Ciao

Comments

I think the last (only) version for Super is 4.8  Post time 2017-11-10 19:48
Which eragon you are using?  Post time 2017-11-9 15:36

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-10-5 13:57:28 | Show all posts
Edited by SoulPath at 2017-10-5 14:55 \n\n
bencebacsi replied at 2017-10-4 07:40
According to the info I got (some days ago), only a part of the source code is held by UMIDIGI dev ...

How many developers asking for the code you need to give the code  to them?

I'm sorry but, Super will be the last phone I will have from Umidigi. Nice hardware, poor software, nice community, bad company.
 Author| Post time 2017-7-22 06:03:04 | Show all posts
Here are my battery life results with running this latest ROM.

7h 45 min in PCMark's Work 2.0 battery life test and 8h 48 min screen on time while and after running the PCMark test.
Adaptive brightness was on and the brightness level set to maximum.

2017-07-21 23.39.05.png

It's definitely a very good and until now the best battery performance of this model, so if you get short battery life, you should be suspicious about your apps or your specific battery.

Next time I'm going to test the standby battery life but that needs about 6 day to be processed.

Comments

Ya but still not perfect calibration but I also use this app . This app only doing at least good battery calibration  Post time 2017-7-22 16:48
 Author| Post time 2017-7-11 05:23:33 | Show all posts
The availability of any Android version upgrades depends on the SDK versions provided by MediaTek. Even the new Z1, Z1 Pro and C Note 2 has been released with Android 7.0 since only that version is available by MTK. So, you can't expect an android 7.1 upgrade for UMi Super but further updates of the current system might be released, and we don't yet know about the future of the UMI OS and Android 8.0.

Comments

msb
I have friends that like my UMI Super, but they will not buy UMI because of the poor level of support. Get your sh*t together!  Post time 2017-11-9 06:51
msb
When will we see a patch the KRACK exploit for UMI Super? I'm pretty happy with this phone, but I don't want to have to buy a new phone every 18 months to keep up with security updates.  Post time 2017-11-9 06:49

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-4-11 17:56:09 | Show all posts
Kari replied at 2018-3-14 03:38
Well, it's game over now. Super went mad.....display living its own life. Sometimes react for finger ...

The warranty granted by UMIDIGI is a fiction. The only advice you will get is that you fix it yourself. And if you demand a guarantee, they will kick you out of the forum.
UMIDIGI does not even give you a contact where you can report your problem, if you hit a dishonest store.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-4-12 13:54:39 | Show all posts
dariusz replied at 2018-4-11 17:56
The warranty granted by UMIDIGI is a fiction. The only advice you will get is that you fix it your ...

Yes, I have now noticed Umi's policy. They don't understand word 'warranty'.
My Super went mad, and now by the time and several factory reset, it seem to work. But I will never trust it so much that I can use it as a daily pocket phone. It is on the table with a sim that I use rarely. No mobile data connection.
Just now I have 4 years old Samsung S5 as a pocket phone with 2 g RAM, and actualy it is as fast as Super was, with same battery duration. And GPS is very accurate and camera is much better. But screen is small and I am looking for larger display phone.
I have been reading comments of S2 Pro with great interest, and it seem to be another unfinished phone from UMI, just like Super was. I don't know which phone to choose, but I know it will not be Umidigi.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-1-4 18:32:57 | Show all posts

Another month passes and there is no reaction. I will slow down the hopes of UMIDIGI store meeting the contract, and UMIDIGI

Comments

Sorry for you but that's Chinese manufacturers (and web shops) for you. Any support at all should come as a nice surprise. Cheap, yeah, in every respect of the word.  Post time 2018-1-4 22:35
 Author| Post time 2017-11-14 13:33:00 | Show all posts
arto replied at 2017-11-14 06:15
why no more update?
there should be many security fixes...

I'm sorry but the support period of this model has been finished. Your phone is not less secure than before.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-11 03:04:04 | Show all posts
Do you get "fast charging" displayed on the lock screen or just "charging" like me.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-11 03:25:47 | Show all posts
anyone who installed this update, how is battery consumption compared to Android 6? how about charging from 0-100%? Thanks.

Comments

msb
Charging seems about the same, but battery life varies a lot. Sometimes it is better, but sometimes the battery goes very fast. Also find the phone not as reliable. Need to reboot more.  Post time 2017-11-9 06:54

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-11 04:28:40 | Show all posts
Nice! I am waiting for your opinion !
 Author| Post time 2017-6-11 04:49:41 | Show all posts
LeXuZ replied at 2017-6-11 03:04
Do you get "fast charging" displayed on the lock screen or just "charging" like me.

It's not displayed but works. The voltage step-up sequence is slower now (needs a bit more seconds after connecting to the charger to jump from the starting 5V to 12V), but then it can stabilize at 12V/0.95A.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-11 05:28:08 | Show all posts
Edited by LL_Striker at 2017-6-11 05:33 \n\n
Davood replied at 2017-6-11 03:25
anyone who installed this update, how is battery consumption compared to Android 6? how about chargi ...

Hello,

On Android 7 Super V7.01_20170413,..mobile internet stopped working. ....on this update its is now working,

The charging is fairly quick, and it was for me also on Super V7.01_20170413

Battery drain is still fast for me on this new update, sorry to say  

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-11 08:55:06 | Show all posts
please complete portuguese translation (pt-br) for this device,Buyers in Brazil specifically expect this,thx in advance

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-11 14:48:25 | Show all posts
LL_Striker replied at 2017-6-11 05:28
Edited by LL_Striker at 2017-6-11 05:33 \n\n
Hello,

Hi, wipe the cache partition and reboot from recovery.
Charge the phone up to 100%.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-11 14:51:22 | Show all posts
Davood replied at 2017-6-11 03:25
anyone who installed this update, how is battery consumption compared to Android 6? how about chargi ...

Hi, everything is working fine but in my opinion the Android 6 battery consumption is far better than these one.
But after the update the battery drain is very slow.
The fast charging is working fine now.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-11 15:10:40 | Show all posts
После обновления зарядка нормально, а как держит батарея пока не понятно
12345678910... 48Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!